GDT: Wild vs Canadiens

dlbalr

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus' out of this game; it's OVER and the Kings/Flames are up next on TSN....no this'll be a high intensity hard skating/hitting game!

Another stinker overall (intensity wise, hustle wise, pride wise...)

Go Flames

He's making for an awesome third line centre, but we get no offense from him - not when he's with two borderline NHL wingers.

Absolutely, on one play, he passed it to Dago, why?? I shouted at my tv.

He's making for an awesome third line centre, but we get no offense from him - not when he's with two borderline NHL wingers.

I still don't understand why they don't put him with MaxPax and Sk74. at least those are the two guys with the most offensive possibility.

I'm having such a hard time liking this team this year. No offense is ok if you have the defense & goalie to smother the opposition and win 2-1 games. We dont. We're always trailing and we can't "open the machine" offensively because Martin isnt adapting his system to the score. It's disheartening. Where's the emotion???

well gainey's chemistry experience is now 1 spot out of a lottery position.

Unfortunately you are entirely correct. Of all the teams with games in hand on the Habs the Laffs are the only 1 thats still actually behind us, and they're only half a game back. :puke:

Lest we all start falling helplessly into the depths of despair (thank you Anne of Green Gables) we *were* without defenders # 1 and 2. That means we had D's #6-11 in uniform. Because we all know our D is pretty weak. Hamr and Markov eating 50+ minutes between them means better defense leading to better transition leading to better offense.

It's easy to throw in the towel when things don't go your way. It takes more work, though, to see and understand the circumstances. How can anyone make a pronouncement on this team when it hasn't played one single game together this season.

Oh, I know, other teams have had plenty of injuries. True. But a number one defender, arguably the best attacker, and that's just for starters? This team still plays much better than last season's team. At least they *skate.*

Lest we all start falling helplessly into the depths of despair (thank you Anne of Green Gables) we *were* without defenders # 1 and 2. That means we had D's #6-11 in uniform. Because we all know our D is pretty weak. Hamr and Markov eating 50+ minutes between them means better defense leading to better transition leading to better offense.

It's easy to throw in the towel when things don't go your way. It takes more work, though, to see and understand the circumstances. How can anyone make a pronouncement on this team when it hasn't played one single game together this season.

Oh, I know, other teams have had plenty of injuries. True. But a number one defender, arguably the best attacker, and that's just for starters? This team still plays much better than last season's team. At least they *skate.*

Well Colin, your optimism is helping. First your Carey Price post, now this.

I'm having such a hard time liking this team this year. No offense is ok if you have the defense & goalie to smother the opposition and win 2-1 games. We dont. We're always trailing and we can't "open the machine" offensively because Martin isnt adapting his system to the score. It's disheartening.

Martin is a useless coach. I'm sick of hearing about injuries and the team needing time to gel.

LA has been hit hard by injuries but they have turned it around this year and are leading their conferance. How long do we have to hear about players not listening to the coaching staff, or the coaching staff not making the right adjustments. We have changed coaches, we have turned over the roster and we still have the same damn issues with the team.

The goaltending has taken the brunt of the criticism, but really at worst its been lukewarm, goaltending is not the issue. You can't expect your goaltending to win every game. WTF is wrong with this team???? Can't they score more then one bloody goal a game????

With the exception of one fluke year, we have had the same issue for the entire bloody decade. The team not being prepared. Guys not willing to drive to the net. Guys making poor passes. Punks like Lapierre playing like they have entitlement to be in the lineup, but have been absolutely useless for the majority of the year. When the showed Lapierre and Lats lined up together and laughing it made me sick. The team was on a 4 game losing streak and he is laughing with the opposition????

I really wish the habs had hired Andy Murrey as a head coach rather then as a consultant and really wish gainey was canned. With the excption of Cammalerri I hated his signings, the hiring of Martin and given the terms of the deals he has given to players he signed or traded for, I see us having to put up with the same crap for another 5 years. But then his supporters will be ready to grant him another 5 years to turn the franchise around becaouse in Bob we should trust.

Can we fire Martin and call-up Boucher already?

I'd love to see it, but doubt if Gainey has the balls. How many coaches can he fire before he finally has to answer for his screw-ups.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Big friggin deal. Every team has key injuries. that's new excuse for guys not showing up.

I have been trumpeting the injury reason this year, but injurys should excuse the current team from not playing hard.

There has been some suspect coaching this year as well.

Edited by bar

wow, Price is pulled with way over 2 mins to go. See, Martin knows the importance of all the games in hand and what could happen if those teams with those games in hand pass us in the standings. The next game is a must win. The Habs cant afford having all the teams with games in hand passing the Habs in the standings.

So true.

:ninja:

Well I fully agree with Colin on this one. Sure things dont look so promising at them moment, but we still havent really see the entire team even play together yet. Surely 1 game isnt enough to call Bob a blithering idiot, or Martin for that matter.

Theres so many weird things aboot this year that I honestly think the Habs could get a top 5 pick and not be a complete disgrace of a team doing so and I think Bob and Martin could both still have their jobs.

Dont forget aboot the reffing situation explanation. Thats not Bobs fault thats theres been 3 or 4 major injuries to veteran reffs so the noobs who usually get 50 games/yr are now getting 170. Thats why the reffing is whacked this year. How many of those games witht he noob reffs have the Habs had this year? I bet its a lot.

Then theres the 3 point game bunk too, again not Bobs fault Bettmans a moron. I'm really hoping this is the year that some stupid team with more loses in OT/SO makes the playoffs over a team that actually has more regulation wins. Unfortunately this is looking like a year that it could happen to the Habs, and if that happens its not Bobs fault.

Theres a lot of bizzarre situations so far this year that I highly beleive could be a get out of jail free card for Bob and Martin.

The demontion of Pax to the 4th line was ######ed, he was one of the better offensive guys not named A kost, Cammy or Plek. I know the reason, penalties, but still...save the messages for the players that need them, like Lapierre.

Being without Markov and Gionta doesnt explain/excuse the lack of emotion, the lack of pride, the lack of intensity, the lack of discipline, etc. It's just an easy cope out mechanism to refuse to see the painful truth: Martin cant get a grip on this bunch of players. Can't get them to play well as a team, can't discipline them, cant get the most out of most of his players. He got the most out of Plekanec; and now he's squeezing him dry because he hasnt elevated anyone else.

Detroit is crippled by injuries, also lost a ton of players this summer. But the team spirit over there keeps them going. That's what we haven't had for ages: an identity, leaders, character, winning desire. Still dont have it.

Funny thing is... I liked the way we played in this game. I thought we dominated for large stretches of the game. Couldn't bury the biscuit though. We did outshoot them 31=21. (I won't mention my other reason I thought we lost though I suspect many of you can guess. It *was* a secondary reason though - not being able to finish was primary.)