Your favourite teams and athletes other than the Habs

Leafs Suck

Favorites sport team besides Habs is Montreal Alouettes and favorites players are Anthony Calvillo,Ben Cahoon,and Eric Lapointe.Use to like Expos but since they moved to USA I really hate baseball so I don't follow it,and I'm not NFL fan.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football: Seahawks and Rams

Hockey: Canucks and Habs

Baseball: Mariners and Cardinals

Soccer: Bayern Munich

Basketball: eh, NBA sucks, college any Washington team (gonzaga, Washington State, U of Washington etc), SIUC, Valporaiso, Mizzou, University of Wisconsin Milwuakee

Players:

Football: Reggie Bush

Hockey: anybody who can score 100 goals (if that ever happens again)

Baseball: Pujols, Ichiro

Soccer: hehehe Zinedine Zidane love that guy.

Tennis: Federer

Basketball: anybody who can play the fundementals

Olympics: root for Canada, paint myself in red and white, wear my canada tshirts and when they win a gold medal in something I run down the street with my giant canadian flag. lol!

I tend to follow teams rather than individual athletes. Not to stereotype, but generally basketball fans tend to follow players more than teams. Stateside foreigners tend to follow countrymen ahead of teams. I know quite a few Swedes here, and when Forsberg left, they all became Flyers fans. Sorry, I find that stupid. That would be like me following Higgins, and if he ever left the Habs, I'd be a fan of his new team. What happens when Forsberg retires? Do these people stop liking hockey? Ha.

NFL: Steelers

F1: Ferrari

NHL: Habs

MLB: Rockies/Nationals

That's about it. Baseball, I don't care a whole lot about, other than going to Rockies games.

NFL: None. Used to love the 49ers in the Montana era, but I dont follow it anymore.

F1: Williams-Renault back in the Villeneuve days, dont follow that anymore either.

MLB: Expos before 1994.

NBA: Orlando Magic in the Shaq-Penny days. Dont follow that anymore either.

I tend to follow teams rather than individual athletes. Not to stereotype, but generally basketball fans tend to follow players more than teams. Stateside foreigners tend to follow countrymen ahead of teams. I know quite a few Swedes here, and when Forsberg left, they all became Flyers fans. Sorry, I find that stupid. That would be like me following Higgins, and if he ever left the Habs, I'd be a fan of his new team. What happens when Forsberg retires? Do these people stop liking hockey? Ha.

NFL: Steelers

F1: Ferrari

NHL: Habs

MLB: Rockies/Nationals

That's about it. Baseball, I don't care a whole lot about, other than going to Rockies games.

:lol:

That was exactly how I became an Avs fan after I followed Roy over. I kinda realized "What the hell am I gonna do when he retires?" when I was about 10 or 11. Hence why I've sticked with the Avs. Plus I started to really like Adam Foote as well. :P

Basketball: Raptors

Baseball: Blue Jays

CFL: Alouettes

NFL: Patriots

Soccer: Liverpool, Olympique Lyon, Barcelona, Livorno, Werder Bremen, Panathinaikos, Aris

I also support Canadian and Greek national teams too...

Edited by option+

1. Baseball- Chicago Cubs

2. Basketball- memphis griz

3. NFL- eagles

NHL- Chicago, San jose, coyots, Pens, Caps

players- to many to name, i love all different players through the nhl, most are goalies

Soccer: Inter Milan

Fav Player: Genaro Gattuso

Hockey: Habs only

Fav player: Iginla, Roy

Baseball: Montreal Expos

Fav Player: Vladimir Guerrero

Basketball: Chicago Bulls

Favorite player: D. Wade

Football: 49ers and Alouettes

Fav Player: Ben Cahooooooooooooooon

Tennis: King Federer

Gattuso, aka "la chèvre" (the goat) :P

Great player, but he should care a little more about his hair and beard :lol:

i find gattuso is the Begin of team italy.. do you agree? he plays with heart....who cares what he looks like

i find gattuso is the Begin of team italy.. do you agree? he plays with heart....who cares what he looks like

He does. It's that kind of guy everyone appreciate.

(He doesnt look bad most of the time, but during the last World cup, he was so hairy ... :blink::lol: )

• 2 months later...

Oh, he's great. But I have to admit I've started to like him a lot more since he started to cool down a bit. Essentially I think he is good PR for the sport, but the outbursts he sometimes have (or maybe I should say had) where not good.

I think Higgins is my favourite player though. Or what's-his-name... the kid who I believe got some fort of cancer... Matthew Stevens? I also like Peter Ebdon, he's really a class act. :clap:

It's also great to see that some of the old heroes are still active and still among the top ranked players. John Parrott, Jimmy White, Tony Drago... I started getting interested in snooker about 15 years ago when Stephen Hendry was beginning to dominate.

And what about Steve Davis? Wow!

ADD: I wasn't thinking of Matthew Stevens, I was obviously thinking of Paul Hunter. D'oh!

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Teams:

In soccer:

Liverpool

Southend

Borussia M'gladbach

Toulouse

Barcelona

Ajax

German National Team

French National Team

Dutch National Team

In the NFL:

Pittsburgh

Chicago

Miami (faltering badly now that Marino is gone)

Indianapolis (on the rise with Manning)

In the NBA:

Lakers

In MLB:

Atlanta

BoSox

- but I'm a fan of consistent pitchers more than anything, Maddux, for instance. What a remarkable hurler.

In the CFL:

*giggles*

In F!:

Ferrari

BMW-Sauber

(my two favourite cars as a kid)

Athletes:

Koivu

Naslund

Roy

Lafleur

Gainey

Yzerman

Sakic

Mike Weir

Always like to see Tiger at his best

Michael Schumacher

Gilles Villeneuve - I was in a mall watching a TV when I heard he'd died

Stevie Gerrard

Dirk Kuyt

Stevie Finnan

Ronaldhino

Michael Ballack (waning now that he's with the Blues)

The Bus

Dan Marino

Payton Manning

Kobe when his head stays grounded but his feet are flying

Mike Jordan, who knew what it was to be a superstar

Gretzky, who knew and still knows how to transcend a sport with class

Greg Maddux

Pedro Martinez

Smoltz

Glavine

Rocket Roger Clemens

Timmy Raines. Miss those days.

Andre Dawson

Gary Carter.

Listening to the Expos with my clock radio under my pillow because I was supposed to be asleep - Dave Van Horne and Duke Snyder, "That ball is well hit. It's up, up, and away, a home run for Andre Dawson."

Chipper Jones

Hassan Arbubaker (lineman for the Ottawa Rough Riders long ago - but only because I'd go to games with my friend and we'd just enjoy shouting his name)

Steve Chiasson who my bud and I nicknamed Chomps. I had a small group at the Corel Centre chanting that one game long, long ago.

Natalie Gulbis

Monica Seles

Chris Evert-Lloyd

Steffi Graf

Jimmy Connors

Andre Agassi

Sugar Ray Leonard

Steve Podborski

My father

There are probably more. You might note that the overriding theme with the athletes I like is class. Sure, there are some ego's in there, but in general, I like a player who understands his place in the grand scheme of things. Those are the people from whom I've taken my cues.

hockey - senators & heatley

baseball - jays & halliday (of course)

football - ottawa roughriders & russ jackson

soccer - portugal or france

GO :hlogo: GO!