GAME THREAD: Sabres @ Habs *3PM Eastern*

simonus

What can you do, they didn't play badly, but they didn't do enough to score. not enough toughness and net presence. This is the reason the Sabres lead the division and the habs continue to be 500 club.

Price gives up 2 goals in last 2 games and the habs only can score 2? Pretty bad. Halk gives up 4 and they score 5?

The defense looked better without O'Byrne in there.

Unfortunately they are 3 line team, Martin needs to figure out what to about ahaving a productive 4th line. Not scoring obviously, but they need to be able to do something.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did seem him last year and had quite high hopes that he wasn't just a flash in the pan. After that quick start he has struggled. Bottom line is for a guy like him to be successful, he has to play on the top two or at least the third line (if there is a playmaker on the 3rd line).

Dags has a quick release but not much else, can't create chances for himself, rarely forechecks or uses his 6ft/200lb frame to hit and is always a defensive liability. He has been given chances on the top two lines and hasn't done anything - and I'm not talking about scoring, I'm talking about him show that he can do things when he isn't scoring, such as forechecking, being physical, not taking stupid lazy penaltes (which is a habit of his). If the guy at least had a good work ethic I'd say be paitent, but he has failed to respond when given the oppertunity.

Lastly, who is he going to replace on the top two lines??? As far as a third line potential, who is going to leapfrog - SK74, MaxPax??? Lastly, he can't even be sent down to Hamilton without clearing waivers. We may as well clear up the cap space (I know his hit isn't much, but with the team being up against the cap, dropping Dags, Laraque and one of our 2-3 #7 caliber defencemen will free up space - it adds up. I'd much rather see a guy like White who brought some energy and work ethic then Dags in the lineup.

Well, I see that you don't like him at all. No problem about that, but I feel that Dag is no Chipchura. I did not mind to see Chip go, because I thought we gave him a fair chance, we took our time to evaluate him. I don't feel the same at all with Dag. I think it's too early to make a judgment. We could regret it if we let him go for nothing.

The guy's got a quick release that he doesn't use. He is a pylon in the neutral and defensive zone, doesn't use his size, doesn't go to the net. He did get a chance with both Gomez and Pleks early in the year and has been a serious downgrade replacing MaxPax on the 3rd line. Neither of them was scoring, but with MaxPax at least the effort was there.

I agree with Hab29, Dags is starting to remind me of Ryder, except he doesn't score. Besides a good shot, he doesn't seem to bring anything to this team!

Dear Rafikz,

you, sir, have one of the best sig I've ever seen in here.

Keep it in place.

JoeLassister

Thank you very much for the compliment.

I hereby confirm that I will keep the sig in place .... unless Pleks starts sucking