Former Expos Andre Dawson named to the Hall of fame

rafikz

Just looked at the list:

HAWK FLIES IN AT LAST

Eight-time All-Star Andre Dawson, on his ninth try, got in with 77.9 percent of the vote (539 votes were cast; 405 were needed for induction). Mark McGwire, in his fourth year of eligibility, received 10 more votes than last year, and matched the total from his first two times on the ballot.

Player Votes Pct.

Andre Dawson 420 77.9

Bert Blyleven 400 74.2

Roberto Alomar 397 73.7

Jack Morris 282 52.3

Barry Larkin 278 51.6

Lee Smith 255 47.3

Edgar Martinez 195 36.2

Tim Raines 164 30.4

Mark McGwire 128 23.7

Alan Trammell 121 22.4

Fred McGriff 116 21.5

Don Mattingly 87 16.1

Dave Parker 82 15.2

Dale Murphy 63 11.7

Harold Baines 33 6.1

Andres Galarraga 22 4.1

Man, that's all the guys I grew up with.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that the league tells the player which hat they wear now. New rule as of a couple of years back.

I also think Alomar is a classless ass. He horked on an ump and got away with it. Even got a suspended sentence, being allowed to play in the post-season that year before being suspended for a few the following year. That was the reason I stopped following baseball. A player was *that* disrespectful, and it was allowed to go.

I believe that the league tells the player which hat they wear now. New rule as of a couple of years back.

I also think Alomar is a classless ass. He horked on an ump and got away with it. Even got a suspended sentence, being allowed to play in the post-season that year before being suspended for a few the following year. That was the reason I stopped following baseball. A player was *that* disrespectful, and it was allowed to go.

I think if the umpire in question (John Hirschbeck) can accept his apology you should too :).

I think if the umpire in question (John Hirschbeck) can accept his apology you should too :).

It's not the apology in question, it's the ethics of the league. The players are bigger than the sport - particularly in MLB. That gets proven again and again. You do that kind of stuff in any other pro league and you're toast. In MLB? Don't say anything against the players, or they'll strike. Union is too strong and the league is a joke. Witness the amounts that the Yanks pay for their club, and at the other end of the spectrum, a team like the A's.

No respect for the game at all. So why should I?