Could this be us

GoHabs2002

ASSOCIATED PRESS: John Wawrow reports Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier is open to shopping his first round pick (fifth overall) in this year's draft to bring in experienced talent to bolster his young roster. Regier admitted he's recieved some offers already, but none that interest him. He's believed seeking a young, inexpensive "second-tier" player .

goin up in the draft could be interesting.

Geez, the guy barely had a shot to play regularly on the top two lines...remember his little 5 or 6 goals in 3 games?

He's got the tools to be an effective offensive force; for once we're developping a player who doesn't look like an AHLer. If we had patience with Ribeiro than please let's have just a little patience with Hossa. We haven't seen him play a full season yet and everybody wants to trade him.

Marian Hossa wasn't exactly mr. intensity in his first games in the nhl. :monkey:

Originally posted by Markov79

remember his little 5 or 6 goals in 3 games?

That means nothing, Kilger has a habit of doing the same thing... hot for a few games then disappears for a few weeks/months.

Hossa has that same lack of intensity, drive... no emotion or passion either.

I can't stand that kind of player... Hossa & Kilger alike.

He's got the tools to be an effective offensive force; for once we're developping a player who doesn't look like an AHLer.

He was benched during the AHL playoffs at one point, so by "not another AHLer" do you mean ECHL then? ;)

If we had patience with Ribeiro than please let's have just a little patience with Hossa. We haven't seen him play a full season yet and everybody wants to trade him.

I'm not saying cut Hossa loose like people having been wanting us to do with Ribeiro for years... I'm saying if there's someone who has to be sacrificed for us to land a special player... Hossa the the prime candidate.

Of course if that deal does not come to pass I would obviously give him more time to wake the hell up... but his complete lack of drive might not be something he can change.

I happen to believe part of the problem is that he's not being used properly. This guy is a center through and through... he simply doesn't think/act like a winger out there.

But that's just me.. and it doesn't excuse his no-show in the Bulldogs' playoff run.

Marian Hossa wasn't exactly mr. intensity in his first games in the nhl.

Yeah but he had quite a bit more upside... big diff.

People had no problem dumping on Ribeiro when he stumbled out of the box trying to make the team... well fair is fair, if Hossa struggles he's gonna get some harsh criticism too.

I moved this thread to the habs-talk forum , althought it wasnt out of place on the draft-board , I just figured that the habs-talk board needed some activity during this long off-season... :)

BTW : If we move up in the draft I think it will be for Florida's #1 overall and not Buffalo's #5 ... ;)

Hossa's got a lot of tools, he just needs intensity. Id be much happier seeing Ribeiro and Brisebois go then Hossa. I think Ribeiro and Brisebois are the perfect trade bait for another first rounder. We should go ahead and trade them while theyre value is acceptable.