Sign in to follow this  
Fanpuck33

Combat Sports Thread

JoeLassister    276

Make it quick, cuz I don't think it will be available for a long time...

http://youtu.be/7QzaYY3TdmY

Commandant    606

I'd rather see Jon Jones vs Silva.

The size disparity between GSP and Anderson is too much. Anderson will in based on his reach and size

JoeLassister    276

Ahem...

I'm going to the Bell Center tonight.

Habs play in New Jersey.

Ahem...

sakiqc    37

Ahem...

I'm going to the Bell Center tonight.

Habs play in New Jersey.

Ahem...

wow.. good evening

JoeLassister    276

wow.. good evening

Thanks. :B)

Here I am "praying" for a GSP win tonight. Don't want to be there live for a defeat...

JoeLassister    276

I haven't seen THAT many UFC fights in my life (basicly only the ones on GSP's events) but Hendriks vs Condit was SIIIIIIIIICK !!!!

Fanpuck33    44

I haven't seen THAT many UFC fights in my life (basicly only the ones on GSP's events) but Hendriks vs Condit was SIIIIIIIIICK !!!!

It was definitely solid. Pretty easily the fight of the night.

I was disappointed, though not surprised, that GSP was not aggressive in the fight. I had hoped he really was pissed off at Diaz and would go for the finish. Unfortunately, he never came close to trying to finish the fight. He had endless opportunities to take DIaz's back, but was content to stay in side back control. It's frustrating seeing a fighter so talented play it so safe for so long. Of course, my favorite fighter is Benson Henderson, and it's been 3 years since he finished one, so he could be considered a similar fighter.

How epic was being there live for a GSP event? I've got to think it rivals a Canadiens playoff game.

JoeLassister    276

It was definitely solid. Pretty easily the fight of the night.

I was disappointed, though not surprised, that GSP was not aggressive in the fight. I had hoped he really was pissed off at Diaz and would go for the finish. Unfortunately, he never came close to trying to finish the fight. He had endless opportunities to take DIaz's back, but was content to stay in side back control. It's frustrating seeing a fighter so talented play it so safe for so long. Of course, my favorite fighter is Benson Henderson, and it's been 3 years since he finished one, so he could be considered a similar fighter.

How epic was being there live for a GSP event? I've got to think it rivals a Canadiens playoff game.

It was indeed pretty epic. I was sitting in the white seats. Gotta admit that, as opposed to hockey, the action is better on tv from over there. Maybe it's better in the red seats close to the ring, but I caught myself looking at the giant screen 90% of the time.

But for the ambiance, you're right. It felt like a playoff game. But in just 30 minutes instead of 120.

Fanpuck33    44

All I can say is wow. I did not think I was going to see the day Anderson Silva lost a fight at middleweight (outside of a possible GSP superfight).

JoeLassister    276

What a weird KO... Dissapointed.

Fanpuck33    44

Wow. GSP got super lucky tonight. I definitely didn't think he took three rounds in that fight.

JoeLassister    276

Wow. GSP got super lucky tonight. I definitely didn't think he took three rounds in that fight.

Not sure either. But if you apply the same "give it to the champ when it's close" standard than in boxing, then round 1 and 3 are GSP's.

That's what I belive happened last night.

Commandant    606

Shane Del Rosario is braindead and on life support in a california hospital after a heart-attack this week.

He could die any day now... once the family gives up on the machines. Basically he has no brain activity at all.

Fanpuck33    44

What a rough month for the two greatest champions the UFC has seen. GSP wins a sketchy decision and then goes into semi-retirement and Anderson Silva breaks his leg in horrifying fashion, likely ending his career.

Fanpuck33    44

Mayweather vs. McGregor... It will still be more entertaining than the Pacquiao fight. Don't think I'll be able to not watch. I just know that the second I don't, something unthinkable will happen. But it will more than likey be a waste of money. Just have to get enough friends to pitch in to make it cheaper, haha.

Fanpuck33    44

Thought it was a hell of an effort by Conor. Heard multiple boxing analysts saying he wouldn't even be able to land a punch and he landed in 10 rounds more Manny could land in 12. I kept hoping that Conor could keep up the pace, but he did and the end was inevitable. I think it was a bit of an early stoppage, but the end was imminent and giving him more time wouldn't have changed anything. Very entertaining and I don't feel ripped off. But the fight did nothing to make me think boxing judging isn't terrible. The official scorecards were ridiculous! At the very minimum, Conor won four rounds and two of the judges only gave him one. And the ref was constantly getting on McGregor for the hammerfists, but never said anything about Floyd turning his back until like the 10th time he did it. The boxing folks weren't taking any chances.

JoeLassister    276

So,  anyone else watched GSP's return against Bisping ?

I thought it was some good entertainment.

Fanpuck33    44
3 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

So,  anyone else watched GSP's return against Bisping ?

I thought it was some good entertainment.

So good to see GSP back. Beating Bisping made it even better. His first finish since 2009 made it even better.