LOL panic button

rafikz

After what happened on Christmas, can you really blame flight crews for being overly edgy? We're talking about a country that bans religion in schools. How exactly was the crew expected to know that the tefillin were part of a simple prayer ritual? Stuff like this is exactly why I think religion should be mandatory in schools. People would benefit greatly by learning the beliefs and customs of the world's religions. I know of the tefillin because I learned about them in my religion classes, but I've never seen them in person. Had I not gone to a Catholic school, I'm sure I would have reacted the same way as that flight crew. If I was completely unfamiliar with the tefillin and I saw someone strapping boxes to themselves, I sure as heck would jump to the conclusion that something was going down and wouldn't want to risk taking the person at their word.

Edited by Fanpuck33

After what happened on Christmas, can you really blame flight crews for being overly edgy? We're talking about a country that bans religion in schools. How exactly was the crew expected to know that the tefillin were part of a simple prayer ritual? Stuff like this is exactly why I think religion should be mandatory in schools. People would benefit greatly by learning the beliefs and customs of the world's religions. I know of the tefillin because I learned about them in my religion classes, but I've never seen them in person. Had I not gone to a Catholic school, I'm sure I would have reacted the same way as that flight crew. If I was completely unfamiliar with the tefillin and I saw someone strapping boxes to themselves, I sure as heck would jump to the conclusion that something was going down and wouldn't want to risk taking the person at their word.

Wait, I have a better idea! No religions at all. Problem solved... and a lot more problems solved too! :clap: