CFL Fantasy?

Quebecois

Just wondering if anyone is interested in something like this. If anyone knows a site where there is CFL Fantasy Football let me know, if not it will be really tough to organize and would take a lot of effort from people. So if your interested let me know here.

There's myself, puck & you.. that's it.  

I too am a CFL fan, particularly of the Als. Sadly, I hardly get a chance to see them on TV, as I don't get RDS. Thus, I don't know a whole lot about them, so I don't post about them.

Thats a good point Habs77, never really though of the numbers side :)

I'll make my NFL pool again and see if i can defend my championship hehehe.

BTW dlbalr, i don't get RDS either but i think that a total of 12-13 games are on CBC and TSN for the Als this year so that's not too bad.

The problem with the CFL is that it is so easy to make the playoffs (3 teams miss out of 9) that the regular season is pretty meaningless for the powerhouses of the league, especially since our division is so weak. The CFL needs more teams, putting a team in Quebec City or Halifax is the first step.

I am interested in the idea , but I've looked around the internet and couldnt find any CFL fantasy leagues ...

I could make my own (got software for it) it would be a week-by-week (pick the winner) type pool...

Not sure if I'd want to play that type though , I prefer it when players are involved.

I could go for a simple weekly pick the winner (only interesting if played with the spread of course)... the players version would take way too much work for such a little number of participants.

And there is so much rollover in this league, and so little info on the players... it would be practically impossible do a pool like Yahoo's NFL version.

How would we go about drafting, and even worse picking up people on waivers.. ugh

But if someone wants to give it a go... what the hell.

P.S. I'd like to do the simpler weekly game picking regardless of whether we do the other pool or not.

The weekly picking wouldn't be too tough to do, we could just do it on here. the player drafting would be extremely hard to do though, i don't see it happening. Picking the teams should be pretty fun though. Is it possible to do something like that with that software you used for the NHL playoffs puck?

Originally posted by Quebecois

The weekly picking wouldn't be too tough to do, we could just do it on here. the player drafting would be extremely hard to do though, i don't see it happening. Picking the teams should be pretty fun though. Is it possible to do something like that with that software you used for the NHL playoffs puck?

It is possible , but without the spreads.

Me and Habs77 discussed this last night and have decided to go with an in-thread pool , habs77 (or someone else) will post the matchups and threads each week and we will all make our selections , and update the results on the top post of the thread or something...

• 9 months later...
Originally posted by habsfan88

Hey, that would be swell to have a CFL fantasy pool.  I'm a huge fan of Cfl, hamilton tiger-cats!!!

(shut up about their bad year last yearlol)

But hey, I'm in if we can set it up!

This thread is from last season. lol ... And the pool died about 1/3 through... So I dont think we'll be doing it again.