GDT Cancuks vs Habs 02/02

Easy Ryder

"mancrush"... right, because I prefer the *better* goalie (as does everyone else so far it appears). I'd advise you look in the mirror because if I was continually criticizing the player with the better stats and preferring the one with the inferior one, *then* I'd have to use the word "mancrush."

Yada, yada, yada... deal with it. Halak's gonna be our goalie for next few years... (based on MERIT btw).

I would go through the trouble of bringing up stats and explaination, but you'll just dismiss this without as much of a counter, so why bother. Let's see how Halak runs with the ball.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get off the podium already. Everyone knows Halak is a great goalie. Can we sign both under the cap? That is the question. If we can't, do you trade Price based on this season alone? I don't know. But your constant Halak vs Price stuff is old man. I would not want to be the one to make the decision. But you come on here ranting about how Price will never be good. You are wrong about that. Price has some maturing to do, and he needs to learn to shake off the media and expectations and just play hte way he can. Should Halak be traded? I hope not. Should Price be traded? Absolutely not! He has at least 2 years of developement before I decide that.

Halak was awesome last night. He made the saves and that's what matters. He wins the key games and has removed all question as to wether he can handle top teams. You do have to admit that his shots against are partly his own fault. His 44 shots against had about 10 rebound shots. To question his rebound control is legitimate. To commend his abilities and hard work is expected. He plays hard every game, and has been great. I like him. I like Price too. I just happen to still think that Price can be a franchise player and would be very disapointed if he was traded. Unless it was for a franchise player.

BTW As stated before many times, I also want them to hang on to both goalies.

You know what's funny about this board? Bar comes on here and makes 2 outrageous posts about how Halak wasn't really the key factor at last night's game, and NO ONE really calls him to account for it. That's what made me open my mouth. SOMEONE has to call him on it (even though I originally intended to say nothing). Anyone who saw last night's game knows just how biased and unfair that post was. But, on the other hand, if I even peep about Halak's performance *which everyone saw,* I get jumped on for having a mancrush, etc. I get accused of being Halak's agent because I point out that if he weren't on the team, we'd already be out of a playoff position by now. (Though I still don't think we're gonna make it.)

There is such a bias and slant on this board for Price (not necessarily against Halak), that it is absolutely ridiculous. There are even people here STILL maintaining that Halak is gonna be traded. I have to say that I've not seen this anywhere else but here. (For example, try to even IMAGINE Gainey trading Halak at this point. I would daresay that he would be kissing his job goodbye. Unless, by some miracle, Price starting playing as well as Halak is now).

Okay, I understand I'm not the most popular guy here, but for C---t's sake, people have to have some respect for the TRUTH about what they see, and ignore the person behind the post. All I seem to see here is an over-riding effort by many to remain PC.

Despite the multitude of posts to the contrary, "the emperor is indeed not wearing any clothes."

And people have to have the courage to say so.

(And to the person who inquired, no, I am not Jack Todd - he just happens to see what's plainly evident in front of him, as I and many others do.)

I'm with Chris, the Price/Halak debate is useless. This is not our problem! There are many issues way more pressing than the "who is a better goalie debate".

I would have no problem if Matin gave Halak the rest of the season to see what he can do. We need some toughness up front and in the back end. How many games can we allow 40 plus shots per game before we give up the goalie debate?

Edited by Prime Minister Koivu

I would go through the trouble of bringing up stats and explaination, but you'll just dismiss this without as much of a counter, so why bother. Let's see how Halak runs with the ball.

You seem to want Halak to fail. I personally don't want him to *for the sake of the team.* And if Price were to suddenly start playing great, I would want *him* to be our goalie, again *for the sake of the team.*

Now someone is going to say that they have proof that I've steadfastly supported Halak, *and I have,* but only because he's consistently played better and (yes, you guessed it), that's for the good of the team.

I see Halak as a potentially great goalie. I only see Price as being mediocre. Maybe the future will prove me completely wrong, but given that this is how I think things will turn out, is it really that surprising that I'm so stridently in his corner? The Habs are my team, have been for 50 years, I don't want them to have a mediocre goalie. I want them to have a great one.

(And that's probably how you feel too, but reversed. The only thing is your view involves a much bigger gamble than mine does. And I'm not willing to take that gamble.)

You seem to want Halak to fail. I personally don't want him to *for the sake of the team.* And if Price were to suddenly start playing great, I would want *him* to be our goalie, again *for the sake of the team.*

Now someone is going to say that they have proof that I've steadfastly supported Halak, *and I have,* but only because he's consistently played better and (yes, you guessed it), that's for the good of the team.

I see Halak as a potentially great goalie. I only see Price as being mediocre. Maybe the future will prove me completely wrong, but given that this is how I think things will turn out, is it really that surprising that I'm so stridently in his corner? The Habs are my team, have been for 50 years, I don't want them to have a mediocre goalie. I want them to have a great one.

(And that's probably how you feel too, but reversed. The only thing is your view involves a much bigger gamble than mine does. And I'm not willing to take that gamble.)

I want Halak to get better, but he wont if all he hears is that he's perfect. You can be constructive without hating a person.

Bold Statement. Halak will be traded and will remain a backup.

I think he'll be traded also. But you're scaring me with your prediction. I'm hoping a Halak package get's us a good player. If he remains a backup, the idea he's only worth a draft pick becomes more realistic.

I've never said he wasn't part of their success, but he's been performing in optimal situations, lets see how he acts when he's "the man" so to speak. Him being key to the success doesn't negate his style of play anyway.

The problem with keeping them both is that Halak may jump to the KHL next year and we end up with nothing for him. If he indicates he might go to the KHL then the Habs have to trade one of them. Given Price's upside I don't think we can trade him.

I think he'll be traded also. But you're scaring me with your prediction. I'm hoping a Halak package get's us a good player. If he remains a backup, the idea he's only worth a draft pick becomes more realistic.

Exact. 2 options there (well 3 if you believe Halak will stay).

1. Package with Hamrlik or Plex for an equivalent salary return

2. straight up for a pick.

Unfortunately, I'd say option 2 has more chances. I'd like Halak + 2nd for a late 1rst though...

Exact. 2 options there (well 3 if you believe Halak will stay).

1. Package with Hamrlik or Plex for an equivalent salary return

2. straight up for a pick.

Unfortunately, I'd say option 2 has more chances. I'd like Halak + 2nd for a late 1rst though...

You guys can provide the salt because if the Habs trade Halak, I'll eat my shirt.

The only caveat to this is if he continues to say he wants out, then all bets are off.

- Jack