Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Have there been any rumors about Aebischer being dealt? If he's not, and we want Danis to play for the dogs, would he have to clear waivers? If so, how likely do you think it'd be that we carry 3 goalies into the start of the season until one of them is dealt?

That is a great question about Danis...I am not sure if he has to clear waivers. I suspect he does not or the rumour mill would be churning for either him of Aebi being traded. Regardless, I am sure one of them will be during the season as the Bulldogs have 3 goaltenders already.

As for Aebi rumours...the last I read was Columbus was interested. Detroit was also rumoured before they signed Hasek.

Zherdev is reported being on the trade block.

Wouldnt matter, we cant sign Dumont for 2.something then we sure as hell cant sign Zherdev for whatever he wants.

Wouldnt matter, we cant sign Dumont for 2.something then we sure as hell cant sign Zherdev for whatever he wants.

the difference here is that it would take roster players(and salary) to get Zherdev...so they probably would be able to sign him.

Zherdev would make less than Dumont. Possibly as low as half as much. The problem would be that we have to trade for him and that Zherdev is currently threatening to play in Europe. In other words, he's a gamble.

zheredev whats more then a million maybe a lil more then 2 but problem is he wants a long term contract, does gainey want to give that to someone who hasnt proved it yet? i doubt it. All this is coming if Zherdev comes to montreal lol.

Daze to Montreal?

Rumors that RDS showed him skating at a local rink with some pro players.

He's a UFA too.

Since he's got a massive injury-problem, he'd be a cheap sign. Insurance wouldn't be cheap, but if it was just the Chicago bug that gets him, Montreal could be the home of his coming-out party. (To play, of course, not the ... oh, shut up)

Daze-Koivu-Ryder (SFS)

Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev (FSF)

S = Slow

F = Fast

I like it :)

Edited by TheAussiePosse

zheredev whats more then a million maybe a lil more then 2 but problem is he wants a long term contract, does gainey want to give that to someone who hasnt proved it yet? i doubt it. All this is coming if Zherdev comes to montreal lol.

Zherdev has scored 27 goals in his 2nd NHL season, this guy is a bluechip prospect with tons of skills. He has surely proved it that he can play in the NHL and that he deserves a long-term contract.

Daze-Koivu-Ryder (SFS)

Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev (FSF)

S = Slow

F = Fast

A fast playmaking center with two slow wingers??? How can you like such a combo??? :wacko:

The Zherdev trade is a possibility. Columbus is apparently asking for a very good prospect and a 1st round pick. As long as Zherdev and Montreal could come to terms before a trade, I'd consider Andrei Kostitsyn (drafted the same year as Zherdev but not as developed yet) and Montreals first round pick next year for Zherdev. Maybe throw in a lower round draft pick as well)

May also be necessary to dump Radek Bonk as well, but as it gets closer to the regular season, that shouldn't be a problem as other teams will know their needs better, and Bonk could very well have an excellent preseason and increase his value

Zherdev has scored 27 goals in his 2nd NHL season, this guy is a bluechip prospect with tons of skills. He has surely proved it that he can play in the NHL and that he deserves a long-term contract.

A fast playmaking center with two slow wingers??? How can you like such a combo??? :wacko:

Well then why would the GM not give him a long term contract. I can't say for sure but possibly he is terrible on defense and can make more goals pass him then he scores. I do know hes a threat but only his second year he should get more then 1.85 i don't find, Also with the attitude hes showing how many GM's would want that on their team lol...ITS WORSE THEN RYDER :blink:

Well then why would the GM not give him a long term contract. I can't say for sure but possibly he is terrible on defense and can make more goals pass him then he scores. I do know hes a threat but only his second year he should get more then 1.85 i don't find, Also with the attitude hes showing how many GM's would want that on their team lol...ITS WORSE THEN RYDER :blink:

Zherdev already signed a contract with a Russian team and it seems like he's getting way more than the Jackets are offering him.

Now he wants a raise on the $942,400 US salary he earned last season. The Jackets, it's believed, have offered two deals: more than $1.1 million for a one-year contract and in excess of $3.5 million over two years. It's still not close to what the Zherdev camp wants.

I mean, only a bit over $1.1 million for such a talent - I'd say that the Jackets don't really know which jewel they've. I'd love to sign such a guy for $1.85 or nearly $2 million a year.

Daze to Montreal?

Rumors that RDS showed him skating at a local rink with some pro players.

He's a UFA too.

Since he's got a massive injury-problem, he'd be a cheap sign. Insurance wouldn't be cheap, but if it was just the Chicago bug that gets him, Montreal could be the home of his coming-out party. (To play, of course, not the ... oh, shut up)

:blink:

Damn, does Bob know this? :D

I'd take Daze in a heartbeat. Sure, he has been a bit injury prone lately, but that can also be a good thing. With his history, he cant get a huge salary, and he would be eligable for a performance contract, which would be perfect. Produce, get paid a lot, dont produce, dont make tonnes.

Daze is HT: 6-6 WT: 235 so he'd be 1 of the largest Habs, and he can play either Wing.

btw: how is Daze a rumor? or is it a rumor that he's a UFA? :lol:

I have never seen this blog before but most of the reports are very logical and seem likely. Interesting.

do they ever!!!

Man to see Emelin in a Habs jersey this comming year would be the SHIZZZZZZZZLLLLLLLLLLE!!!! :o

Zherdev already signed a contract with a Russian team and it seems like he's getting way more than the Jackets are offering him.

He has an option on that Russian contract to annull it if he gets an enticing offer to play in the NHL.

how is Daze a rumor? or is it a rumor that he's a UFA? :lol:

I believe it's his being in Montreal playing shinny with some Habs that's the rumor.

I'd be happy to take him, but not for much.

And if the Gagne has any truth to it, I'd forget about him.

Not that it does, but we'll find out soon (Word is Monday 28/th August is the deadline)

I believe it's his being in Montreal playing shinny with some Habs that's the rumor.

I'd be happy to take him, but not for much.

And if the Gagne has any truth to it, I'd forget about him.

Not that it does, but we'll find out soon (Word is Monday 28/th August is the deadline)

What is to happen today? What is the nature of this deadline? Little help?

This is my first posting on HW. I haven't heard much lately about Columbus trading Nikolai Zherdev, but I think he would be a great addition to Montreal . There had been a story that Toronto had offered Stajan and a draft choice for Zheredev, but on the Blue Jackets site their GM/President Doug McLean denied it. I read that Columbus was talking to an eastern team about a trade if they can't sign him. Do you think BG would pull the trigger on a deal for him. We'd probably have to give up a young guy and a draft pick or two good young guys.

I don't think that gainey likes high risk/high reward kind of players..I think he'd rather go for consistency and less bling bling.

I like that zherdev but he seems like a little trouble maker...don't need that for now

Zherdev wants triple what Columbus is offering in a one year deal, or about 2 million a year on a long term deal. Doug MacLean knows exactly what kind of talent he is dealing with, but at this points, both sides are trying to pressure each other. Zherdev's side is banking on MacLean not wanting to lose him for the year. MacLean thinks it is a bluff and is calling it for the time being. I'd bet quite a lot of money that one side will fold and Zherdev will be in a Jacket's uniform this season.