Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Shawn Horcoff would be awesome. During the lockout season Shawn Horcoff was the hottest player in Europe.

Forsberg, Näslund, Hossa, Kipprusoff and a lot of stars played in Sweden that season. The top 3 where Horcoff, Kiprusoff and Brendan Morrison...

Shawn Horcoff would be awesome. During the lockout season Shawn Horcoff was the hottest player in Europe.

Forsberg, Näslund, Hossa, Kipprusoff and a lot of stars played in Sweden that season. The top 3 where Horcoff, Kiprusoff and Brendan Morrison...

what would possibly motivate edmonton to trade him to us?

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

Well, first and last time I trust Hockeybuzz.com, I apologize.. :lol:

No need to apologize. ;) Since Eklund actually looked to have struck gold on the Stuart trade, I was afraid he was correct on the 1st. Thank god we can trust Eklund to be wrong 99.9% of the time. :lol:

I'm worried about the direction implied in many of these rumours. Forsberg, Tkatchuk, etc., these are all old geezers in hockey terms...we should be rebuilding with youth, not supplementing an aging core with further greybeards.

I'm worried about the direction implied in many of these rumours. Forsberg, Tkatchuk, etc., these are all old geezers in hockey terms...we should be rebuilding with youth, not supplementing an aging core with further greybeards.

i agree. I'd rather see the habs making a move for someone like Marleau, then greybeards. Even if it means putting a package that would include Souray (probably will sign with a California team anyway), Kovelev and a prospect for Mareleau and one of SJ's yound defencemen.

The only young guys you here in rumours are Horcoff and Lupal. and i think we already have too many guys like that - guys that don't play with enough desire on a consistant basis.

I would have loved to get Forsburg and would have been willing to give up anything for him - 5 years ago. but right now, whoever gets him really doesn't know if they are going to have him for the rest of the year or the rest of the week.

besides, i don't know even if we hold onto a playoff team, if we can do any damage. This team has sucked 5 on 5 all year. Now with the special teams not working either, I just can't see us going very far unless we get a real change in attitude and charater in the dressing room. I'm hoping saterday's meeting will lead to something, but lets face it, this is a tough week coming up once they get by Florida - and thats assuming they don't look past Florida, who the habs havent' done to well against.

I am all for adding anyone that can score goals. I hate when people say a player is too old, too small, too slow, too expensive etc.

The same was said for Selanne, St Louis, Perreault ...

These guys are doing a heck of a lot for their teams. Last I checked St. Louis is second in league scoring.

The Habs have plenty of assets on the farm they can use to close a deal. There is no way they could all play for the Habs. Check out the goalie situation. It would be pretty unjust to let Halak,l Danis and Price rot in the minors until they no longer have any value. The team can't carry 4 goalies a couple seasons from now.

There are some rumors floating around in Swedish newspapers about forsberg and montreal as well today...dunno how much those rumors can be trusted though...probably not much...according to the newspapers anaheim or detorit are the hottest contenders for forsberg...

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/...,998114,00.html

http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=875147

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=2244&a=616836

Edited by DJ_Laszlo

There are some rumors floating around in Swedish newspapers about forsberg and montreal as well today...dunno how much those rumors can be trusted though...probably not much...according to the newspapers anaheim or detorit are the hottest contenders for forsberg...

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/...,998114,00.html

http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=875147

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=2244&a=616836

please translate !!

Well, do not be surprised to see movement involving "core" players at the deadline. That's what would have to go for the better players available.

Michael Ryder really seems to be on the outs. I would not be surprised if he was traded to Detroit for Robert Lang, considering that the Wings are reportedly looking for secondary scorers (which Ryder does quite nicely). Not neccessarily the best move for Montreal considering the age difference, but it probably would not be a straight up deal, others would be involved.

Horcoff for Samsonov and Rivet does not make sense since the Oilers could have gotten Sammy for free off waivers and they didn't bother to make a claim. Samsonov will not go anywhere right now anyway/

Rivet is a definite possibility. Aebischer is a possibility considering he hasn't really played all that well, but on the flipside that lowers his trade value. Alexander Perezhogin is one to watch, seems almost a foregone conclusion that he will be leaving town soon.

The second option "Plan B" I would presume is to acquire an impending UFA centre with a lesser pedigree. Those who could be had for mid round draft picks, guys like Derek Armstrong in L.A., Jozef Stumpel in Florida, Bryan Smolinski in Chicago. I suspect Gainey will acquire one of those three. The most reasonable route would be this.

If they eject the core, more then the players you mentioned need to leave. Also there would be no point in getting Lang, old and slow, that one of the Habs major problems. This team needs a major overhaul, a player hear and there isn't going to help much.

TFP reports The habs are willing to trade the following players: Bouillon, Rivet, Murray, Samsonov and i think it said Ryder. I can't remember the other one.

Horcoff for Samsonov and Rivet does not make sense since the Oilers could have gotten Sammy for free off waivers and they didn't bother to make a claim. Samsonov will not go anywhere right now anyway/

The only way Samsonov gets moved is if another equivalent salary comes back the other way

Lots of talk but the only ones that making it is the Flames.

I blame it on Forsberg. Once he finds a new home I expect the avalanche to start. No matther what team he ends up they will have to move a body to a team that will have to do the same thing, and the chain reaction is on.

Im almost hoping that he will end up in Detroit so they have to move one of Datsyuk or Lang.

Lang-Kovalev has clicked before and Samsonov-Datsuyk shoudl be leathal...

is there any chance the Stars are going to trade Nagy to us?

Seeing as we got screwed big time with their Niinima and that for dure Gillet has pointed that out to his Liverpool partner? Yeah Im dreamin but If there was a team that would trade with us with some kind of slack it could be Dallas right?

is there any chance the Stars are going to trade Nagy to us?

Seeing as we got screwed big time with their Niinima and that for dure Gillet has pointed that out to his Liverpool partner? Yeah Im dreamin but If there was a team that would trade with us with some kind of slack it could be Dallas right?

I was thinking/hoping the same thing. My thoughts lean towards a different player though.

If Nagy is intended to boost their offence maybe they would be willing to help our 2nd line centre issues with a distraction/problem player in Mike Modano.

Modano is not a problem player but this season he has been injured and very unhappy about losing th "C" in Dallas to Morrow. Maybe a move like this could be done, they do have some decent centres already.

I think I'm just wishing though

Edited by Habitforming

I was thinking/hoping the same thing. My thoughts lean towards a different player though.

If Nagy is intended to boost their offence maybe they would be willing to help our 2nd line centre issues with a distraction/problem player in Mike Modano.

Modano is not a problem player but this season he has been injured and very unhappy about losing th "C" in Dallas to Morrow. Maybe a move like this could be done, they do have some decent centres already.

I think I'm just wishing though

I hear ya Habitforming! :)

crossing fingers! for what its worth!

According to Bob MacKenzie and Darren Dreger...get this.

Philly is claiming they have recieved an offer as high as a top prospect, a 1st round pick and posiible another 1st round pick (could be a 2nd) for Forsberg.

Two scenarios they have are:

Radulov, 1st, 1st (or 2nd)

Bourdon, 1st, 1st (or 2nd)

That is crazy if you ask me.

According to Bob MacKenzie and Darren Dreger...get this.

Philly is claiming they have recieved an offer as high as a top prospect, a 1st round pick and posiible another 1st round pick (could be a 2nd) for Forsberg.

Two scenarios they have are:

Radulov, 1st, 1st (or 2nd)

Bourdon, 1st, 1st (or 2nd)

That is crazy if you ask me.

For a rental who has every intention of going back to Philly????

That is Lunacy!!!

If I were the Canadiens I would trade Perezhogin and or Plekanec and a conditional first round pick for foppa.

The condition on the first rounder is that he re-signs with the habs, if not the first rounder becomes a third or fourth rounder.

Even with the deal I suggested it is still a gamble but at least it is more fair.

I think Philly is crazy, but I should reserve that judgement for the team that will pay the price of a top prospect and 2 first rounders.

Edited by Habitforming

Yes equivalent and the player most likley will be struggling as well.

Mark Bell?

Puts Sammy back with Thornton (the only place he was good) and we get an underachieving power forward who would help more than Sammy does right now. Just not 100% on Bell's salary.

The asking price for Forsberg is too high in my opinion. A decent prospect and a first rounder would be enough, and if a team does pay what is being asked, their GM should be fired.

Side note.

Souray would probably have the best trade value for this team right now, if we continue to slip, do we trade him at the deadline, we could get a mint from a team looking for an offensive defenseman.

PLMK

thanks

mike

Re : Horcoff

He is an assist guy. we need SCORING

Re : Trading Abiecher

we need a backup.

he has no value anyways.

Re: "we are rebuilding, we shouldn't trade our youth (whining whining whining)"

Perez, Plekanec, Higgins, Komisarek, Yan Danis +

1. Guillaume Latendresse, RW

2. Andrei Kostsitsyn, RW

3. Carey Price, G

4. Kyle Chipchura, C

5. Yann Danis, G

6. Mikhail Grabovsky, LW

7. David Fischer, D

8. Sergei Kostsitsyn, LW

9. Alexei Emelin, D

10. Jaroslav Halak, G

11. Juraj Mikus, C

12. Ryan O'Byrne, D

13. Mathieu Aubin, C

14. Chris Heino-Lindberg, G

15. Mathieu Carle, D

16. Ben Maxwell, C

17. Maxim Lapierre, C

18. Matt D'Agostini, RW

+ Ryan White + Duncan Milroy + Corey Locke, etc... etc...

Don't you think we are young enough!!!

if no, tell me WHERE you are gonna fit all these guys?

Re : Horcoff

He is an assist guy. we need SCORING

Re : Trading Abiecher

we need a backup.

he has no value anyways.

Re: "we are rebuilding, we shouldn't trade our youth (whining whining whining)"

Perez, Plekanec, Higgins, Komisarek, Yan Danis +

1. Guillaume Latendresse, RW

2. Andrei Kostsitsyn, RW

3. Carey Price, G

4. Kyle Chipchura, C

5. Yann Danis, G

6. Mikhail Grabovsky, LW

7. David Fischer, D

8. Sergei Kostsitsyn, LW

9. Alexei Emelin, D

10. Jaroslav Halak, G

11. Juraj Mikus, C

12. Ryan O'Byrne, D

13. Mathieu Aubin, C

14. Chris Heino-Lindberg, G

15. Mathieu Carle, D

16. Ben Maxwell, C

17. Maxim Lapierre, C

18. Matt D'Agostini, RW

+ Ryan White + Duncan Milroy + Corey Locke, etc... etc...

Don't you think we are young enough!!!

if no, tell me WHERE you are gonna fit all these guys?

Agreed. I'm really sick of hearing about re-building. We just end up with "prospects", none of which are really blue chp, that are hit-or-miss and may not even make the squad.

There is something to be said for trading for an established player who has 3-5 good years left in him. If we dont plan on winning in that time frame, when are we looking to....who will be the core?....who will be the leaders? It just goes on and on, in a bad cycle.

If we are looking to win with guys like Koivu, Souray, markov, huet as our core....then at some point you gotta make a move. By the time the young guys mature, these guys will be too old.......and then will our core be any better? I doubt it......unless we get a really high draft pick some time.

At some point you gotta make a move, and hope to pull off a Carolina/EDM type run