Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Ek is a dumb ass i guess... Spector just updated saying :

UPDATED: 4:20 PM EST.

KOVALEV ON WAIVERS - NOT!!!

UPDATE!: The Fourth Period reports Kovalev's agent denies that his client has been placed on waivers. Canadiens rep Donald Beauchamp laughingly denied it, and confirmed that it was Aaron Downey, not Kovalev, who'd been placed on waivers.

USA TODAY: reports the Montreal Canadiens have placed forward Alexei Kovalev on waivers.

Spector's Note: My thanks to everyone who sent this in. Looks like it was, as suspected, an error on the part of USA Today, probably confused Kovalev coming off IR with Downey going on waivers.

I am still trying to figure out who the Habs are looking at in Minnesota. They have been heavily scouting them and their farm team for a couple weeks now...including Assistant GM Gauthier. You have to wonder if Minny is interested in Souray?

Another Eklund posting

Souray to Anaheim "Growing Possibility Tonight"

That according to a few sources. One Duck's source said to me the rumored deal was Souray for Ryan Shannon, Kent Huskins, Fourth Round pick. I have also heard that Bryzgalov could be involved in the deal. I have also heard the first round pick that came from Tampa tonight is "a necessity." Gotta love the west coast rumors….sleep is for the weak…

we could use another 1st round draft pick !! I'm a real draft day junkie !!

fanpuck33 will have a great draft day if he goes !!

Hey guys, I don't think I've posted on the mainboards here, I'm in the EHM league and an Oiler fan.

On one of our fan boards there is a guy who 'supposedly' has connections with the Oilers. He has called a couple trades, but not enough for me to completly trust him. He is throwing out a rumor tonight with the Habs that I was wondering if anyone here has heard.

To MTL:

Sykora, Markkanen and Tjarnqvist

To EDM:

Niinima, Kostsitsyn and a 1st.

Again, sorry if you have rules about souces or such consider it a proposal. What is the feeling here about this?

Another Eklund posting

Souray to Anaheim "Growing Possibility Tonight"

That according to a few sources. One Duck's source said to me the rumored deal was Souray for Ryan Shannon, Kent Huskins, Fourth Round pick. I have also heard that Bryzgalov could be involved in the deal. I have also heard the first round pick that came from Tampa tonight is "a necessity." Gotta love the west coast rumors….sleep is for the weak…

That's from a few days ago. Already debunked and discussed in this thread a few pages back.

To MTL:

To EDM:

I wouldn't do it. I don't feel any more comfortable with Markkanen in net than I would with Halak or Aebischer. It basically comes out to Kosty + 1st for Sykora which I find too much. Kostitsyn has still got crazy high potential.

Didn't Tjarnqvist just get traded to Phoenix in the Nagy deal? What's he doing in Edmonton?

Hey guys, I don't think I've posted on the mainboards here, I'm in the EHM league and an Oiler fan.

On one of our fan boards there is a guy who 'supposedly' has connections with the Oilers. He has called a couple trades, but not enough for me to completly trust him. He is throwing out a rumor tonight with the Habs that I was wondering if anyone here has heard.

To MTL:

To EDM:

Again, sorry if you have rules about souces or such consider it a proposal. What is the feeling here about this?

I'd be surprised if we picked up another back-up goalie without moving Abie. But you never know. Sykora would be sick, but losing Kostitsyn wouldn't. He may have a splendid career if he is ever given the ice time.

Also, Tjarnqvist is injured.

I wouldn't do it. I don't feel any more comfortable with Markkanen in net than I would with Halak or Aebischer. It basically comes out to Kosty + 1st for Sykora which I find too much. Kostitsyn has still got crazy high potential.

Didn't Tjarnqvist just get traded to Phoenix in the Nagy deal? What's he doing in Edmonton?

That's Mathias Tjarnqvist who was traded to Phoenix. Daniel Tjarnqvist is a defenceman. ;)

To MTL:

To EDM:

I'd love Sykora... what about Sammy for him? :lol:

BTW your friend doesn't have a real source, this deal won't happen.