Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

yah its the same problem, the Canadian networks wont broadcast outside of the country. Freaking American's and their lack of passion in hockey.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

NHL.com had the TSN video feed. Still do, if you're hoping for a late announcement.

Well BG was in a tough spot when it comes to Souray. He will be ctiticized either way. I for one said he should trade him, i will stick to that and say they will not make the playoffs.

You're entitled to your opinion. However, if they don't make the playoffs, it will be in spite of keeping Souray, not because of it. Look at virtually every other deal for a proven player - it's for picks/prospects.

I wanted Smyth so much! And the price wasn't that high... We need scoring. He's a scorer.

Well the 1st rounder is pretty high and O'Mara is a great prospect.

but I agree Habs should have bucked up Smyth is a game breaker.

but I agree Habs should have bucked up Smyth is a game breaker.

Isles won this deal Smith still has a lot Game in him

I much would have had Smith Than Forsberg

When your owner wants to win this is what happens

Pittsburg got better. Atlanta got better. Islanders got better. Toronto (Perreault) and Ottawa (saprykin) somehow got better (or at least have more depth).

I agree with Bob's decision to not trade his prospects, but the trades made by Atlanta and NYI won't help us make the playoffs... And if we don't make the playoffs, what's the point of keeping Souray?

Your thoughts?

Edited by Punkned

Pittsburg got better. Atlanta got better. Islanders got better. Toronto (Perreault) and Ottawa (saprykin) somehow got better (or at least have more depth).

I agree with Bob's decision to not trade his prospects, but the trades made by Atlanta and NYI won't help us make the playoffs... And if we don't make the playoffs, what's the point of keeping Souray?

Your thoughts?

Unless Gainey knows he can sign Souray

If not GAiney and the team are going to be the big losers today

I really dont understand What Gainey is thinking

but he is the GM !!

Smyth trade probably got down too late for Bob to react ...

But Smyth to the Isles is bad news for MTL ...

But what a price to pay for a guy who will probably resign in EDM this summer !

I do not think he will re sign with the Oilers this summer if they could not get a deal done now he will look for the same money this summer and why would the oilers pay now and keep him this year.

but he is the GM !!

I doubt he is going back to Edmonton

There will be some bad blood between Smyth and Lowe

they wont say it Publicly but i dont thinlk Smythe will be back

but he is the GM !!

To Late to react- Now thats Bob Gainey in a nutshell

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that the management's decisions are conflicting and confusing at best, as I said in a different thread.. Just frustrating

To Late to react- Now thats Bob Gainey in a nutshell

How the hell do you know, you were there in the same room with him when it happened.

It could have been that he offered a lot to the Oils before that, but the Oils didnt accept, everything could have happened.

I just like it we dont give up our youth!!

I don't care how Gainey deals with GMS or what happens , all I see are the results. Gainey got us a leftover free agent in Samsonov last year and he got us a great trade for Rivet, but he could have done better in terms of trading other players. If we lose Souray during the summer and if the Habs do nothing in the postseason I think Gainey will have to be held accountable.

Edited by Strummerman

I don't care how Gainey deals with GMS or what happens , all I see are the results. Gainey got us a leftover free agent in Samsonov last year and he got us a great trade for Rivet, but he could have done better in terms of trading other players. If we lose Souray during the summer and if the Habs do nothing in the postseason I think Gainey will have to be held accountable.

How were all the talks today? I guess you were in communication with all 29 of the other GM's and knew all the asking prices for the available players. I spose you've spoken with Souray as well and know for 100% sure that he's gone too. I nominate you as next Habs GM. Or, barring that, perhaps you can open a site called HockeyBuzz2.com and keep everyone informed on all your knowledge. May I suggest a ratings system based, perhaps, on the letter 's'?

Souray to Ducks (s4)

:P

How were all the talks today? I guess you were in communication with all 29 of the other GM's and knew all the asking prices for the available players. I spose you've spoken with Souray as well and know for 100% sure that he's gone too. I nominate you as next Habs GM. Or, barring that, perhaps you can open a site called HockeyBuzz2.com and keep everyone informed on all your knowledge. May I suggest a ratings system based, perhaps, on the letter 's'?

Souray to Ducks (s4)

:P

Hey, Eklund called the Smyth trade about half an hour before TSN did!

I als othink Don Waddell should be ashamed of himself, gutting his team for a ru nat the Cup this season. To add to last week's 2 catastrophies, he traded away the team's best remaining prospect, Alex Bourret, for Pascal Dupuis (who the Rangers recently acquired at a much much cheaper price). Yes, Waddell needs to make the playoffs to keep his job but unless his team wins the Cup this season they are HUGE losers. It sucks, I've always liked Atlanta and now they're prospect pool has been raided for second-tier forwards.

Also, the price of Noah Welch for Roberts was a bit steep. But the Penguins can stomach it. Good move for both teams.