Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Useless rumour from RDS :

Habs have inquired about Patrice Bergeron, but apparently, he's not available. :rolleyes:

hes not available to montreal !!

maybe it's time for gainey to have a treesome with chiarelli and perhaps a guy out west.

going back to an "idea" I had when we were discussing Souray...

Let's just trade Sammy to Chicago for Aucoin

They will accept, it won't hurt us as we "replace" Souray's Canon, we get a dman with a right handed shot (to replace Rivet) and we dump Sammy...

It's a win-win situation.

Aucoin can't be worse than Niinimaa, and if he is... we'll just let him walk next summer.

I prefer that over "buying out" Sammy.

Yeah, I was talking about this in another thread yesterday I think.

Wow, that sounds really gay.

I'm out west, where can I sign up? :king:

About the Bergeron rumour, it would not be surprising to see him leave after the stupid trade that sent

Boyes to St-Louis at the end of the year. Boyes and Bergeron together were actually very good, they dismatched

them and both players production went down, just like their attendance at home games.

I believe he will be traded but never to Montreal and we would never give a goalie to Boston.

About the Bergeron rumour, it would not be surprising to see him leave after the stupid trade that sent

Boyes to St-Louis at the end of the year. Boyes and Bergeron together were actually very good, they dismatched

them and both players production went down, just like their attendance at home games.

I believe he will be traded but never to Montreal and we would never give a goalie to Boston.

I really, really like Bergeron, I think that it would be worth giving up some of our own youth for him.

trade Perezhogin's rights and Danis and a first rounder oh hell give them the Cube as well. (it will be comical to see Boulion and Chara on the same defensive pairing)

mabie Sammsonov? (crossing my fingers)

I really, really like Bergeron, I think that it would be worth giving up some of our own youth for him.

trade Perezhogin's rights and Danis and a first rounder oh hell give them the Cube as well. (it will be comical to see Boulion and Chara on the same defensive pairing)

mabie Sammsonov? (crossing my fingers)

Wow why don't you go and toss in the janitor as the icing on the cake?

Surely Boston would love to give up a 70 point a season player and assistant captain for an unproven rookie they might get in a few years, a 3rd pairing defensman, a mediocre backup goalie at best and hell toss in a small forward coming off one of the most publicized and terrible seasons he's had.

You certainly are Mr. Generous.

Wow why don't you go and toss in the janitor as the icing on the cake?

Surely Boston would love to give up a 70 point a season player and assistant captain for an unproven rookie they might get in a few years, a 3rd pairing defensman, a mediocre backup goalie at best and hell toss in a small forward coming off one of the most publicized and terrible seasons he's had.

You certainly are Mr. Generous.

do you want to see halak or price in boston?Huet?

how about Higgins? or Kostysin either of them? Latendress? Koivu?

the point is smart ass that when trading with a divisional rival try to rip them off.....if you had spent a little time reading what I had said instead of bashing my light hearted comments you would have realized what it is I was saying

seriously tho I would give up Ryder and first round pick

besides I'm sure they have janitors on the payrole already

Edited by Davehab

Well, NOTHING would surprise me coming out of the gong show that is Boston.

If the Habs have ANY chance of acquiring Bergeron, they should do it. He is exactly the kind of smart, committed player that would thrive in Montreal and anchor this team at C for years to come. You'd have to give up quality, though (Ryder + Souray?). However, they wouldn't even trade us Kyle MacLaren, so don't bet on this.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I'm not going to litter HW with new threads.

Habs trade to announce:

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pre...ses.asp?id=2926

Glen Sather announced today that the club has traded the rights to unsigned prospect Ryan Russell to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Montreal’s seventh round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

I'm not going to litter HW with new threads.

Habs trade to announce:

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pre...ses.asp?id=2926

Glen Sather announced today that the club has traded the rights to unsigned prospect Ryan Russell to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Montreal’s seventh round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

Cool,

Could be because he played with Ben Maxwell? Maybe they saw something in him. BTW I would consider the source official.

Russell was pretty good when I saw him play in October. Worked hard, good skater. I was trying to notice Maxwell that night, but he had an off game. Russell definitely grabbed my attention for the Ice players.

Just checked his stats from that game... he actually was a -2 that night, but he had been playing well all that month. Even had a 4 goal game a week after. Just unlucky, I guess, because the Blades' goalie Braden Holtby was lights out that night.

Again, nothing spectacular here. Pretty much reads like a Habs player.... young, good wheels, small, shoots left.

And he was the team captain and voted fan favorite. He is small, only 5'9" and 170lbs. Could be another Locke.

Other sites list him as 5 11"

and skinny guys are not all bad look at Miller's little bro with the Ducks or Corey Perry.

And he was the team captain and voted fan favorite. He is small, only 5'9" and 170lbs. Could be another Locke.

Other sites list him as 5 11"

and skinny guys are not all bad look at Miller's little bro with the Ducks or Corey Perry.

AHL roster move?

This is obviously nothing significant...just Bob trying to add as much depth as he can to the Habs' system. It's the right kind of move - clearly, this organization 'gets' the need to pile up cheap assets in a deep, young system in the new NHL - but face it, if this happened in November we wouldn't even be discussing it.