Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

In my opinion Brière agent is actually using the habs, because he is a local player to get more years

to the contract he wants.

No way we gonna see Brière in Montreal uniform next year, just like we had no chance with every Quebecer

when they got to free agency.

Just to name a few Martin Lapointe, Luc Robitaille, Philippe Boucher, Martin St-Louis?, Sylvain Coté(blast from the past)etc.

It's always been the same and the story will repeat itself.

Well, Boucher has never been a UFA, he's always re-signed with the team he is on or be traded.

Wayne Primeau got re-signed... I actually thought Gainey could be interested in him if he couldn't land an offensive C.

I don't believe Briere is coming to Montreal at all. And I actually think Gomez is the better long term guy to build your team around anyways... I didn't always think that, I used to criticize Scott a lot, but the last 2 years he's really stepped up a lot.

I think Gainey will first look at a d-man. He knows he'll have to overpay for one, but it's still better to overpay on a UFA d-man and then trade for a forward, because trading for a good forward is easier to accomplish than trading for a good d-man.

There's a LOT of work to be done.

Alot of work is an understatement! thats why SHELLY DECIDE ALREADY!!!!

agree with the overpay with regards to Briere 8 Mil for a smurf aint cutting it for me.

for me 8 Mil translates into Richards or my wet dream = "heavn music "Lecavalier"

if we do sign Briere we can hold the mtl media for forcing BG's hand.

we got the Goalie issue planned out.. lets get 6 top 4 Dmen and then wait for Tampa bay et al to have to trade their top guns at the deadline.

A good laugh or is it?

On the Fan590 Bullpen this morning they were talking about trading Kubina to Montreal for Kovalev. The only difference is that Kubina has one more year and maybe a little extra$$$ on his contract. Not suer why they would bring this up except they have too many defenceman and Habs have many wingers.

hmmmm.........

A good laugh or is it?

On the Fan590 Bullpen this morning they were talking about trading Kubina to Montreal for Kovalev. The only difference is that Kubina has one more year and maybe a little extra$$$ on his contract. Not suer why they would bring this up except they have too many defenceman and Habs have many wingers.

hmmmm.........

A trade with the LAUGHS!!!???!?!???

where is my PUke bag!

A good laugh or is it?

hmmmm.........

I'd rather have Kuba. Kubina is not worth the $1M per goal he is getting. we should not bail out the Leafs for a stupid contract. They would sign a UFA and get better with the extra space they created because of it. No thanks

A good laugh or is it?

hmmmm.........

Kovalev would kill the Habs 8 times a year that you could bet on. If Gainey trades him which I doubt he will deal him out west.

The habs have too many defenseman too. How will Kubina help the habs exactly? He won't be a habs.

Not sure the Habs have too many GOOD defenceman or Gainey would not be looking at changes. Kubina being a habs is highly unlikely.

Kovalev would kill the Habs 8 times a year that you could bet on. If Gainey trades him which I doubt he will deal him out west.

I always hated that mentality. you go for the best offer,period. some gm are afraid of revenge from the traded player. but don't you get something as valuable in return ??

in this example, I'm sure kovy would like to score a couple in his first game but I'm sure he could care less at the second one.

Now there are rumors that teams will go after Tampa Bay's Richards and St Louis (somehow Tampa's personal cap is set at 44...how I don't know!!)

BG u better not let anyone else get Lecavalier!

No deals with the Scum. F'n blueshirts, go to hell. They can keep Kubina.

somehow i have a feeling Bob is going to make a huge pitch for Briere. Personally I'd go hell-for-leather for Gomez, even though it would be way tougher to convince him to come. This lad is the real deal and fits with guys like Higgins (not just the yank thing). Briere is a great player who doesn't put up in the playoffs.

The only thing Kovalev is killing lately is his reputation with his misguided comments. :rolleyes:

I always hated that mentality. you go for the best offer,period. some gm are afraid of revenge from the traded player. but don't you get something as valuable in return ??

in this example, I'm sure kovy would like to score a couple in his first game but I'm sure he could care less at the second one.

Ask the Rangers how they liked playing Kovalev after he went to the division rival Penguins, Kovalev absolutlet owns the Rangers still to this day.

Call me crazy but the one deal I'd do for some reason seeing how the Flyers need to shred some cash is a swap of Denis Gauthier for either Dandenault or Bouillon.

Id go for that too... then resign Shelly, or another UFA bring up O'Byrne and voila.

Markov/Komisarek

Souray/O'Byrne

Streit/Gautier

:hlogo:

Ask the Rangers how they liked playing Kovalev after he went to the division rival Penguins, Kovalev absolutlet owns the Rangers still to this day.

It would have been nice if he owned them in that second last game...

Eklund... this guy... wish I could laugh in his face... his latest news from a source in Montreal is in regards to how a higher cap hurts us... From his secret source... For those of you who don't receive the Montreal Gazette, Pat Hickey wrote this in his article this morning, and Spector had it on his site... How are we supposed to ever believe this guy has any kind of a connection???

Anyways... Here's to hoping we get Ryan Smyth! Koivu, Smyth, and Higgins would be the hardest working line in the game!

I was shopping at Metro in Westmount today (small town in Montreal for those of you who don't live here) and guess who I see entering right behind me. This guy on his cell phone in a green t-shirt and a baseball cap worn low in an attempt to cover his face. It was Bob Gainey!! haha. I didn't approach him at first, because as I said he was on his cell phone, probably with another GM but after about 5 minutes I just simply passed by him and made a coughing sound while saying "Briere", cough, "Kariya". So for those of you who want to see either of them on the team, if we get them you can thank me :D (just kidding). But he actually acknowledged what I said and laughed. I wonder what that means lol.

Edited by xXx..CK..xXx

I was shopping at Metro in Westmount today (small town in Montreal for those of you who don't live here) and guess who I see entering right behind me. This guy on his cell phone in a green t-shirt and a baseball cap worn low in an attempt to cover his face. It was Bob Gainey!! haha. I didn't approach him at first, because as I said he was on his cell phone, probably with another GM but after about 5 minutes I just simply passed by him and made a coughing sound while saying "Briere", cough, "Kariya". So for those of you who want to see either of them on the team, if we get them you can thank me :D (just kidding). But he actually acknowledged what I said and laughed. I wonder what that means lol.

Thats so Funny!

Just sAW ON tsn THAT Manny Fernandez was traded to the Bears... and nothing on HockeyBuzz or Fourth period... lol eklund still has Emery as a possible Goalie for the Bruins hahaha

Briere is NOT that guy. He's a great player, but not the one who the Habs should use as their new "centrepiece". Remember, we don't just want to get to the playoffs, we want to DO somethng in the playoffs (this is not a knock on Briere's playoff performance, just the point that in the Playoffs, being Bigger and Tougher really does make a huge difference as to who advances.)

I couldn't agree more. IF we already had a big top-6 centreman, I would be pleading with Bob to sign Briere. But a Koivu-Briere combo will be shredded in the playoffs - signing him to a long term deal would be the WORST thing Bob could do in terms of building a bona fide contender because it would lock us into two fairly untradeable contracts (Briere and Koivu) for the duration. Just say no, Bob!

I agree that Briere is not the ideal player the team needs but no way would I give up the opportunity to pass on a guy with such offensive skill. Acquire the skill that you can without losing roster players and then deal with situation later. (trading for a big winger or d-man)... IMO

I couldn't agree more. IF we already had a big top-6 centreman, I would be pleading with Bob to sign Briere. But a Koivu-Briere combo will be shredded in the playoffs - signing him to a long term deal would be the WORST thing Bob could do in terms of building a bona fide contender because it would lock us into two fairly untradeable contracts (Briere and Koivu) for the duration. Just say no, Bob!

I'm not going to start a debate in the rumour thread but I don't completely agree with this. Keep in mind the Sabres have done well in the playoffs the past couple of seasons. While they haven't won the cup, this doesn't mean that Briere wouldn't be able to EVER lead a team there. In all honesty, while I'm not saying that Briere would indeed be the best player to build a team around in the league, I wouldn't be dissapointed if he was the go-to-guy on the habs. While I don't believe he'll have quite as good a season as last year's, we have to remember that he got 95 points in the regular season and then led his team in scoring IN the playoffs. When's the last time a player on the habs has reached 90+ points? I think I've just convinced myself even more that I'd like to see him here. Oh and also, I do not think that Koivu and Briere would get shredded in the playoffs.

Edited by xXx..CK..xXx