Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

with briere gone thats it for potential Top tier one centres! HOURAY!!!!!

lets go Hannan , Priessing etc...

Curious what Philly paid for the Smurf

Between 6 and 7 million and its an 8 year deal.

According to TSN an eight-year contract between $6-7 million per year.

Daniel Briere has signed with the Philadelphia Flyers for eight years and $52 million. The deal includes a no movement clause.

WOW

According to spector's site...Gomez signed with NYR

Edited by Habitforming

The collective sigh of relief that "logical" Habs fans all over North American breathed just reached Athens Greece...

This is by far the best news that I could have heard today. Talk about a huge Albatross...

This is really gonna backfire for the Flyers....i mean come on, 8 yrs?? For Briere? Get real...

The collective sigh of relief that "logical" Habs fans all over North American breathed just reached Athens Greece...

This is by far the best news that I could have heard today. Talk about a huge Albatross...

This is really gonna backfire for the Flyers....i mean come on, 8 yrs?? For Briere? Get real...

I hear ya....

Could you imagine telling Saku that Briere is going to get $10M in the first year?

better wear head gear for that one!

The signing is not that crazy. 6.5 million is not that much for a great player these days. If things don't go well they can trade him. Trade clauses mean nothing in my eyes.....everyone knows that.

When all is said and done the Flyers are going to kick ass next year. They are set in net........slowly putting together a strong team. Good prospects to fill holes....overpaying a little, but friggin strong. They just got a whole lot better in just 3wks.

Gainey needs to give it up a little. Geez we signed Theo to a dumb deal and still got rid of him. Live in the NOW!!!!!!

Well Detroit shot themselves in the foot with the deal. So much for signing Bert, Markov and Hasek all-together now. Looks like Hasek is the only legit signing they have left unless the usual depth move.