Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Didn't Mr. Gainey say Corey Locke would get a good look at camp?

And Grabovski as well. They have Locke playing LW now, and Gainey has said if he ever makes the NHL, it'll more likely be as a winger. Grabovski obviously has played C for the Habs so if there's an injury to either Koivu or Plex I would think Grabo would get a shot to play with some talented wingers.

Begin is rumored to be seriously injured. That's what they keep saying on 110% every freakin' show but I wouldn't believe it until I see it.

Smoke will pretty much replace Bonk. I think Plekanec has been penciled down as the second line center for a while now.

Didn't know that about Begin - although those 100% idiots are best left unlistened to. I agree that Pleks is our #2 man, I'm talking about the scenario where Pleks or Saks gets injured. The hope is that Smoke will do a better job of stepping up with offensive relief as a temporary #2 guy, should that happen, than Bonk seemed able to do. Or maybe Locke or Gabovsky can do it.

'No one wants a slow, skilled guy...' :lol: I agree, but when you think that Gretzky was one of the slowest skaters on the 1980s Oilers, you'd have to wonder if he'd still be in the minors in 'today's NHL.' :lol: At some point performance is what counts. If Locke is effective in training camp, then he should get a chance, just like anyone else.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I really hope Begin is ok. Although I know last season he wasn't he usual self. If he can't play anymore I think Grabovsky can fill in or Locke. As an impressive AHL playoffs as Locke had nobody really seems to want to give him a chance.

Well, the way Bonk played last season, Gainey probably wanted to go with a more offensive guy (Smolinski).

Yes, if you're slow and you can manage to produce at a regular rate at the NHL level then you shouldn't worry about your job. On the other hand, Locke can score some points but at a streaky AHL level. He did good in the playoffs but his best bets are to work on his skating and overall game to get a crack in the NHL.

The problems with young turks like Locke & Grabs is that they are alike size-wise: both 5' 9" and c. 170 lbs. Montreal already has small players in Koivu and Pleks: Locke & Grabs, even if at L/R wing, would make the team smaller and more difficult to compete against bigger/heavier teams. I just do not see them with the HABS. Guys like Chips & Ferland up front probably have a better shot at promotion: ditto for O'Byrne (and Biron/Cote as longshots, # 6-7) at D.

I agree for the exception of: If we had a Martin St. Louis in our system that would be the exception to the rule I think. Mind you, Locke is not St. Louis.

Well was st.louis always the player he has been the past 3 seasons or so?

We all know he was good but did anyone think that good, anything can happen buds;)

The problems with young turks like Locke & Grabs is that they are alike size-wise: both 5' 9" and c. 170 lbs. Montreal already has small players in Koivu and Pleks: Locke & Grabs, even if at L/R wing, would make the team smaller and more difficult to compete against bigger/heavier teams. I just do not see them with the HABS. Guys like Chips & Ferland up front probably have a better shot at promotion: ditto for O'Byrne (and Biron/Cote as longshots, # 6-7) at D.

Locke is small, but Grabovski is not that small (at 5' 11" and 185 by last years stats).

On ice performance should be all that matters, and it took the NHL to change the rules a bit to realize it.

Well, a player who has skating concerns like Locke, albeit a defender, is Mathieu Biron. I've seen him play and he has quite a good shot, but he is painfully slow and that is why he will probably not be a NHLer. It's obvious that he was drafted in the 1st round with the hope that he would improve his skating, but he hasn't done so at all.

yea ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN I just saw that on Hockeybuzz.com, don't know if its a credible source but i have been reading for the past couple of days and some of the stuff he says, u cant deny come true or are true but i doub hossa will come, we can only dream...

Hossa is one of the best [complete] players in todays NHL, yeah lets trade for him.. too bad we traded Traverse earlier this year, could have been good trade bait.. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

yea ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN I just saw that on Hockeybuzz.com, don't know if its a credible source but i have been reading for the past couple of days and some of the stuff he says, u cant deny come true or are true but i doub hossa will come, we can only dream...

How much do you want to bet that Toronto picks up the phone to Waddell? It's always typical of those clowns to screw our trades. JFJ calls and makes an offer he has no intention of fulfilling forcing Gainey to up the ante. Leefs have done this to us before. :angry:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

yea i know just because he wants to prevent our team from getting better just because for once his team looks good (on paper)...he's got another thing coming to him when we whoop those laffs!

Hossa made it pretty clear he wanted to play for a contender if he's not in Atlanta. Can't recall where I read it but there's a reason why he's slowly holding back contract extension talks.

yea i know just because he wants to prevent our team from getting better just because for once his team looks good (on paper)...he's got another thing coming to him when we whoop those laffs!

If all rumours are true regarding Marleau than the leefies have already done it. Ek has them rumoured to have inquired about Marleau as well. Can anyone think of a time when this has happened before? I know it has, I just can't recall specifically what. My experience has been that when legit or illegit rumours start for us, the leeefs are there right behind.

Stop trying to emulate us with Jyrki Lumme, Muller, Corson and Tucker and Brad Brown and on and on. Trades or old players - they always TRY ( :lol: ) to emulate us

Maybe we can emulate them once again some day. Russ Courtnall and Vincent Damphousse anyone? :lol:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Oh Eklund ... What are you smoking?

Apparently we're now in the running for Marian Hossa, should he become available.

Bob, along with Edmonton and LA, have each reportedly contacted the Thrashers.

I don't even know what to say to that. It makes no sense for the Thrashers, as Kovalchuk can't hold the team up on his own, unless they don't think they can hold him for much longer without winning.

And we'd have to move $6 million and hope we could resign him before he becomes a UFA at the end of next season.

Oh Eklund ... What are you smoking?

Apparently we're now in the running for Marian Hossa, should he become available.

Bob, along with Edmonton and LA, have each reportedly contacted the Thrashers.

I don't even know what to say to that. It makes no sense for the Thrashers, as Kovalchuk can't hold the team up on his own, unless they don't think they can hold him for much longer without winning.

And we'd have to move $6 million and hope we could resign him before he becomes a UFA at the end of next season.

Package Ryder's reward with 2 million already on the books on a 2nd and/or 3rd player and it works. However, you're correct. This rumour is bizarre. Atlanta can catch bigger fish if they wait for the deadline. The only way this rumour has any merit is if Hossa wants out. Not likely seems to be obvious.

the journal de montreal as writen that Gainey offered brisebois a 700K contract.

I hope it's not true because it would just show us that gainey is F***ing clueless.

A Ryan o'byrne making rookie mistake is already better than a guttless breezeboo

Lets play younsgters I say.

Say It ain't bob.

the journal de montreal as writen that Gainey offered brisebois a 700K contract.

I hope it's not true because it would just show us that gainey is F***ing clueless.

A Ryan o'byrne making rookie mistake is already better than a guttless breezeboo

Lets play younsgters I say.

Say It ain't bob.

You can bet that if Breezy signs here that it is a set up for a deal involving Dandy and Boullion.

Patrice would be a depth move to cover the losses in a trade and at $700K he is a great bargain that can chip in more points then Boullion or dandy (combined maybe)

You can bet that if Breezy signs here that it is a set up for a deal involving Dandy and Boullion.

Patrice would be a depth move to cover the losses in a trade and at $700K he is a great bargain that can chip in more points then Boullion or dandy (combined maybe)

Bob can't sign Breezer before making the deal you're talking about. This would make no sense.

Bob can't sign Breezer before making the deal you're talking about. This would make no sense.

Bob can do the deal now, what's to lose.

Worst case scenario is Gainey drops Danady and Boullion for picks or futures if he had to clear contracts or cap space for the start of the season.

Go for it Bob!

I know there is more to this possible signing

I thought Dandy got a NTC when he signed as a UFA. Although i hope that gainey is able to dump both Dandenault and Bouillon, i don't see it happening.

If all rumours are true regarding Marleau than the leefies have already done it. Ek has them rumoured to have inquired about Marleau as well.

Leafs have absolutely nothing to trade for Marleau of equivalent value or potential. They cannot even trade Stajan whom many over zealous Leaf fans think is the next great Leaf. San Jose would want young players with potential or good roster players. Maybe Caberle and 20 first round draft picks would do it for the cuplosers of 40 years. (They will eventually trade all those first rounders any way :rolleyes: )