Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Leafs have absolutely nothing to trade for Marleau of equivalent value or potential. They cannot even trade Stajan whom many over zealous Leaf fans think is the next great Leaf. San Jose would want young players with potential or good roster players. Maybe Caberle and 20 first round draft picks would do it for the cuplosers of 40 years. (They will eventually trade all those first rounders any way :rolleyes: )

The sharks would trade Marleau straight up for Kaberle!

New Marleau Rumour...

Doug Wilson wants:

Michael Ryder

Mark Streit

Jaroslav Halak

For:

Patrick Marleau

Source: RDI & SRC

This rumour comes to ligt from another board. Multiple people are confirming they have heard it on TV. No link I'm afraid but that shouldn't take long til there is a link. I'm checking SRC and RDI now.

New Marleau Rumour...

Doug Wilson wants:

Michael Ryder

Mark Streit

Jaroslav Halak

For:

Patrick Marleau

Source: RDI & SRC

This rumour comes to ligt from another board. Multiple people are confirming they have heard it on TV. No link I'm afraid but that shouldn't take long til there is a link. I'm checking SRC and RDI now.

I'd do it in a second. Bite his hand off, Bob!

I'd do it in a second. Bite his hand off, Bob!

What is strange is that it's RDI. RDI never goes down a rumour road unless the rumour has "teeth" or has some truth to it. Follow that up with SRC immediatelty follwing them and it's got me thinking.... :blink:

It doesn't seem likely that this is all that Wilson wants UNLESS he intends to flip out an acquired player or players like he did with Jillson/Hackett/MacLaren.

Yeah, it's too good to be true.

Someone with more time on their hands than I've got should go through this entire thread and and figure out what per centage of rumours reported here have actually come to fruition. Off the top of my head, I can't recall a single case.

(Not knocking the thread - it's entertaining - but when I hear a rumour like that, it gets my hopes up...in vain). :lol:

Yeah, it's too good to be true.

Someone with more time on their hands than I've got should go through this entire thread and and figure out what per centage of rumours reported here have actually come to fruition. Off the top of my head, I can't recall a single case.

(Not knocking the thread - it's entertaining - but when I hear a rumour like that, it gets my hopes up...in vain). :lol:

Since the sources are RDI and SCR I would think these have more to them then say "Eklund said"

speaking of Eklund, he has this to say today..

"The Ryder signing is a shocking one to me but it sends a calear message that I did ponder, but not until this morning, did I get solid confirmation on. LeCavalier and the Habs are on a collision course that could start as early as this year's trade deadline.

Vinny still has two years left on his deal in Tampa, but is one of the few superstars out there that is absolutely willing to (and would love to be) be a habs despite all the tax and pressure aspects on Montreal. The Habs will eventually back up the truck for Vinny and the Lightning are already more than aware of it.

The Issue with Vinny's current deal is that it ends one year before Marty's or Brad's. That isn't great planning. I put Vinny up there with Crosby as the game's best player. Vinny also speaks and carries himself extremely well and were he in a hockey Meca he could score huge on endorsement deals. When it comes to Montreal, that number could rival even a $10M salary. Witht the new CBA, when you put a max number in player salaries, those outside incomes become a factor in a player's decision.

The Lightning don't want to lose the guy for nothing. They can't. I fully expect that they will make every attempt to extend him next January. But if they get the sense they can't, they are going to have to look at moving him either at this deadline or the draft. Going into next season on his final year will diminish his value...

Enter Ryder, who should have been a 3 or 4 year deal at around 3.5. The Habs yesterday avoided arbitration, but did make Ryder a one year player and gave themselves a chancce to make "lifer"at some point in the next 2 years..."

Very interesting speculation on Vinny, Habitforming. However, - and I'm not saying that this is what you're implying - I definitely don't think the Habs should hang on to Ryder in the hope of eventually landing LeCavalier IF the deal for Marleau is staring them in the face. Now that he's finally becoming the player he's been falsely advertised as being foir the last five years, LeCavalier would be the best thing to happen to the Habs since Roy, and the best position player since Lafleur. But there's way too many hypotheticals and assumptions in that scenario. Take the bird in the hand, and if Vinny becomes available down the road, do what you have to at that point.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Very interesting speculation on Vinny, Habitforming. However, - and I'm not saying that this is what you're implying - I definitely don't think the Habs should hang on to Ryder in the hope of eventually landing LeCavalier IF the deal for Marleau is staring them in the face. Now that he's finally becoming the player he's been falsely advertised as being foir the last five years, LeCavalier would be the best thing to happen to the Habs since Roy, and the best position player since Lafleur. But there's way too many hypotheticals and assumptions in that scenario. Take the bird in the hand, and if Vinny becomes available down the road, do what you have to at that point.

It was Eklunds theory not mine.... but yeah, you're right.

If we passed on Marleau (assuming this is a legit trade) to wait for Vinny we would be beyond stupid and likely never get him in the end anyway.

If we did get Marleau and Vinny was still an option why not trade someone we have (possibly Marleau) for Vinny and bypass the whole UFA part of the scenario.

Since the sources are RDI and SCR I would think these have more to them then say "Eklund said"

speaking of Eklund, he has this to say today..

"The Ryder signing is a shocking one to me but it sends a calear message that I did ponder, but not until this morning, did I get solid confirmation on. LeCavalier and the Habs are on a collision course that could start as early as this year's trade deadline.

Vinny still has two years left on his deal in Tampa, but is one of the few superstars out there that is absolutely willing to (and would love to be) be a habs despite all the tax and pressure aspects on Montreal. The Habs will eventually back up the truck for Vinny and the Lightning are already more than aware of it.

The Issue with Vinny's current deal is that it ends one year before Marty's or Brad's. That isn't great planning. I put Vinny up there with Crosby as the game's best player. Vinny also speaks and carries himself extremely well and were he in a hockey Meca he could score huge on endorsement deals. When it comes to Montreal, that number could rival even a $10M salary. Witht the new CBA, when you put a max number in player salaries, those outside incomes become a factor in a player's decision.

The Lightning don't want to lose the guy for nothing. They can't. I fully expect that they will make every attempt to extend him next January. But if they get the sense they can't, they are going to have to look at moving him either at this deadline or the draft. Going into next season on his final year will diminish his value...

Enter Ryder, who should have been a 3 or 4 year deal at around 3.5. The Habs yesterday avoided arbitration, but did make Ryder a one year player and gave themselves a chancce to make "lifer"at some point in the next 2 years..."

vinny could of sign with the habs a couple of years ago, but he didnt want to be a habs..

Edited by KEEP26

Don't get your hopes up on Lecavalier. I seriously doubt he ever comes to Montreal...

I didn't say anything about it. I just posted what Eklund said on the topic today.

Don't get your hopes up on Lecavalier. I seriously doubt he ever comes to Montreal...

If Montreal is on the cusp of being a very good team that could make the East finals, do not count out players like Lecavier and the like. Look at Shannahan as he wanted to have a chance at winning and that is why the Rangers. Habs win and players will go there.

For sure the big UFA pieces will come when the Habs win. Just right now at this point, only expect that via trades.

The main reason why I'm doubting Lecavalier is that he's basically the big Habs tease every summer in terms of rumors. If it's going to happen, just believe it when it happens.

so about the Marleau situation, can anyone confirm about the SRC and RDI reports beacuse i can't find a single thing on their sites... I would do that trade anyday but then our backup goalie would be Danis?Price?

so about the Marleau situation, can anyone confirm about the SRC and RDI reports beacuse i can't find a single thing on their sites... I would do that trade anyday but then our backup goalie would be Danis?Price?

With the speculated trade I believe the answer is:

Who cares.

:)

With the speculated trade I believe the answer is:

Who cares.

:)

Backup would be Danis Gainey has said numeruous times Price is starting nexr year no matter where he is playing.

For sure the big UFA pieces will come when the Habs win. Just right now at this point, only expect that via trades.

The main reason why I'm doubting Lecavalier is that he's basically the big Habs tease every summer in terms of rumors. If it's going to happen, just believe it when it happens.

hehehehehe the only way I like to think of a tease is Jessica Alba, certainly not Vinnie :rolleyes:

But you are right, trades can bring players in and if any rumours come true (So many of them) then Montreal could improve quickly. I am not counting out the guys on the farm just yet, as many very good players were later round draft choices and worked out well for their teams. Plus whatever happened to that Tanguay rumour to Montreal???? Oooopssss sorry that is one I made up as I am sure Keenan is not so KEEN on this guy, one never knows....

Well I can guarantee you one thing, Alba is less of a tease than Vinny.

Vinny is still under contract in Tampa where his GM keeps on stating he won't trade him and the rumors about him coming to Montreal don't seem to die off.

At least it's open season with Alba, she recently broke up with her boyfriend and anything is possible now ;)

Well I can guarantee you one thing, Alba is less of a tease than Vinny.

Vinny is still under contract in Tampa where his GM keeps on stating he won't trade him and the rumors about him coming to Montreal don't seem to die off.

At least it's open season with Alba, she recently broke up with her boyfriend and anything is possible now ;)

I'm IN!