Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Why would Higgins want Cammelleri with the Habs ?

Higgins was at Yale and Cammelleri at Michigan.

Komisarek played with Cammelleri for two years, he would have a better insight on him.

I think Cammeleri is too light for the Eastern Conference.

Komisarek played with Cammelleri for two years, he would have a better insight on him.

Huh? The West has larger players than the East, with the East being way more wide open... Cammalleri got 80 points while playing San Jose and Anaheim 8 times each!

He means that the Kings asking price would be Higgins. Not that Higgins would be trying to convince Cammalleri to come to Montreal.

Koivu had 75 points last season and I bet you'd say he had a 2nd line calibre season. Those five points don't change much, especially when Koivu has a lot more to his game than the point totals he puts up. Cammalleri doesn't.

Why would I say that? Koivu was pretty much the only player belonging on the first line last season. He is a first line center when he has quality wingers who also belong there, unfortunatly he is stuck carrying the team most of the time which drags him game down and puts alot of pressure on him.

Cammalleri is a step into the future, he is a replacement when Koivu finally does retire. His arbitration says 3.35million or something which is a steal.

At center position the Kings paid 4 million a year for Handzus and 2.7 for Kyle Calder.

Together they will give a chance to put more points.

Remember they have Kopitar who needs a lot of ice time to develop.

Now they have handful of players to center the lines.

With Hanzus and Kopitar who are both big solid players, Cammelleri can continue to rack points in a

developping team. There would be a problem if the other centers would be smurfs but this is not the case

in L.A and good for them. Cammelleri in Montreal would have been a smurf parade.

So the Cammelleri rumour are over and it's a relief.

If Cammellieri deserves the 5+ million we give to Koivu in two years, why not ?

He will be unrestricted free agent at that time and if we can have a contending team by then so

we can attract players who want to win a Cup.

Hey, just a quick question about eklund's hockeybuzz site, i check it regularly even though its apparently not legit, but i need hockey and any news is good for me. The question is when he states a rumour, for example today he has trade rumours Marleau to Montreal as usual its like this Marleau to MTL(E3) what is that (E) thing is it like how valid they are or something, can someone explain please.

Note: Nevermind guys i just checked it out now, no need to reply

Edited by Koivu11

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/faq.php

What is the E-System (e1, e2, e3, etc.)?

The E-System was devised with the intelligent hockey fan in mind as a way for Eklund to give subtle clues to rumors that are posted, as well as gauge the likelihood of a rumor turning into an actual trade or free agent signing.

E1 - This is a rumor that comes from a single reliable source not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved.

E2 - This rumor is simply more than one reliable sources not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved and not connected to each other. It does not have to equate to two E1’s. It could be several E1’s.

E3 - This rumor comes from a single source with ties somehow to the players or teams involved.

E4 - This rumor comes from more than one source with ties to the players or teams involved.

E5 - This rumor comes from source telling Eklund the deal is 100% done and just has not been announced yet.

Camms primarily plays center, despite what TSN has him listed as.

I think he plays more on the wing.

NHL.com lists him as a centre but in 81 games last year he only took 301 faceoffs 3 of his other teammates took more than double that.

145 other players took more faceoffs then him.

I would rather have Plekanec anyway.

I think he's a D

arse.farter.com says he blocked 67 shots in 81 games. Oh wait maybe he's a Goalie then?

Edited by CoRvInA

Well, the Oilers did just sign Penner! Haha. It's just been slow over on hockeybuzz, so it was time to throw some random Habs trade out there. I wonder what Western Conference team we'll be trading with next.

I think he plays more on the wing.

NHL.com lists him as a centre but in 81 games last year he only took 301 faceoffs 3 of his other teammates took more than double that.

145 other players took more faceoffs then him.

I would rather have Plekanec anyway.

The Corey Locke Syndrome

A Center for all his career, is too small to play C at the NHL level (Corey is so small that he's also too small to play C at the AHL level) and has been converted to the wing, centered by a BIG center.

Forget about him, we don't have a BIG center.

Well, Latendresse has played C at some time :P

;)

Well, Latendresse has played C at some time :P

at least some pro active thinking.

he would have two of the best faceoff coaches this league can offer.

at least some pro active thinking.

he would have two of the best faceoff coaches this league can offer.

Can you imagine Lats skating back to backcheck as a C? No offence intended, but skating isn't his strong suit.

Yeh, Foppa would be great.

Can you imagine Lats skating back to backcheck as a C? No offence intended, but skating isn't his strong suit.

Yeh, Foppa would be great.

I wouldn't want him to backcheck, I want him to score lots of goals.

if guillaume could learn to be a better positioned player, he wouldn't have to be as fast.

maybe it's not the greatest example but chipchura is not that fats but he's always well positioned.

I don't think forsberg would come here but it'd be a real treat !!

I wouldn't want him to backcheck, I want him to score lots of goals.

if guillaume could learn to be a better positioned player, he wouldn't have to be as fast.

maybe it's not the greatest example but chipchura is not that fats but he's always well positioned.

I don't think forsberg would come here but it'd be a real treat !!

First off, my comments were directed to the comment that we should try Lats out at center.

In order for Lats to score those goals, he's best suited to be in front of the opposing goal. This would present us with his inability to get back on time, as centers are generally expected to do so more than wingers, and Lats is still slower than average. You're right, Chips IS a good example (from the little I've seen). He skates better than Lats, but is seldom caught up ice because of his defensive tendencies and positioning. I think Lats is a pure scorer, and should be utilised as such. To have him at center would highlight his weaknesses.

No worries guys. Latendresse will be a faster player this year.

He has been working with power skating coaches focusing on his acceleration and explosive power. He won't be the fastest on the team but you will notice an on-ice improvement for sure.

Just visited the Edmonton Oilers website. They are saying that that Mr. Eklund has us trading:

Jaroslav Halak

Pick

for:

Horcoff

prospect

:contract:

Does anyone have some more on that Mr. Eklund? Seems like a funny guy..

<_<

I'd be up for it if they were throwing in Grebeshkov, Smid or Syvret, and we weren't paying higher than a 2nd.

Horcoff's pretty good though, is Halak?

Or maybe he's our new Garon ...