Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

While i dont completely buy into Eklund you have to realize that he reports rumours. We really have no idea how many of them are true or not, but it's certainly possible that many of the things he reports are being discussed but never actually happen.

He is right some of the time, (in fact more often than most rumour websites)

you just have take what he writes with a grain of salt.

From the Toronto Sun

Wish list

Sundin to Montreal for Higgins, McDonagh and a first rounder.

LOL, that is quite the price for a 2 month rental.

:lol::lol::rolleyes::clap::blink::lol::D:D

I'd like to thank you for that comedic interlude. I almost fell off my chair when I read that! Hilarious!

Latendresse has raw talent, but I still think he needs at least 2 seasons to kick it into gear. Power forwards are notoriously hard to develop, and there's a lot of areas where he needs work. Still, he has a pretty good nose for the net for a third liner, which is why he's with the team, but I'd like to see him play a more physical game, and quite obviously skating is something he will work on.

I agree that he has a ways to go, but he still has 14 goals this year with a hell of a lot of missed chances. I'd say in 2-3 years will when he'll truly become whatever player he's supposed to be (maybe a 30-40 goal a year guy), but next year we can expect some more improvement from him.

Let's not forget that Guillaume only gets about 12 minutes per game and almost no PP time! Give him an extra 3-4 minutes per game and a few PP shifts per game, and I'd be willing to bet he'd have 20 goals by now.

I think we can all agree that Gui needs to work on his skating. It's the weakest part of his game! In a couple of years he'll be much better!

Edited by Habsfan

Eklund has Hossa to Montreal E3. Said for porspects and picks, no roster players.

Valentenko, Halak and a first i would do. Trade Ryder for a 2nd or third and throw that pick in as well.

I heard today on the team 990 during Tony marinaro's show (the montreal Forum) that apparently he heard from good sources that Waddell and Gainey did talk over the week end. The subject of their conversation was Marian Hossa. Waddell is interested in Alexei Yemelin. unfortunately Marinaro did not say who else would be involved in this trade. According to Pierre McGuire, he would not make this deal unless Bob could get Hossa to sign a long term deal. Apparently Yemelin will be as good, if not better than Markov.

Apparently Yemelin will be as good, if not better than Markov.

I was always under the impression that Emelin was a stay at home guy with a bad temper who may or may not ever come to North America.

Edited by simonus

I'd give up Yemelin for Hossa no problem. He doesn't seem all that keen on coming to Montreal anyways, and it's not like he's bursting with so much talent that he's a can't miss top four D-man....so why not?

I'd give up Yemelin for Hossa no problem. He doesn't seem all that keen on coming to Montreal anyways, and it's not like he's bursting with so much talent that he's a can't miss top four D-man....so why not?

He's supposedly the best defenseman currently not playing in the NHL. I also heard he intends to come to the NHL eventually but who knows when.

Hossa will be too expensive and not what the team needs. Jokinen or Tanguay are better options that would cost less. Lock Jokinen up long term after that and we would all sleep well at night.

Rumor is that Dallas is interested in Ryder go figure. I say since we gave them their leading goal scorer for a lobotomized monkey I say we try and put em through the ringer. Niklas Hagman is looking much better latly and he is a Fin But if we could swing a deal for Antti Miettinen I think we'd be laughing.

Or......

We could just bring Perezhogin back, put him on the 1st line with Koivu and whatever we get for Ryder is Bonus. :lol:

I can dream damn you! :unsure:

I was always under the impression that Emelin was a stay at home guy with a bad temper who may or may not ever come to North America.

Yes he is a stay at home guy with a bad temper but he wants to come to NA that is for sure. When he signed his deal in Russia he believed the Canadiens did not want him over here.

Yeah, I've heard him compared to Kasparaitis.

Yes.

He could very well become the perfect shutdown partner for Komisarek but if Montreal can get Hossa for him and sign him to an extension you have to make this deal as Hossa is a sure first PPG player pretty much.

I watched an interview with Emelin on radiocanada and he mentioned that the only reason he didn't come to North America this year was because he received a contract offer from the canadiens AFTER signing with a Russian club. It had to do with his agent not expecting a contract from the canadiens or somethine like that.

this guy will be playing in Hamilton (or montreal?) real soon.

I watched an interview with Emelin on radiocanada and he mentioned that the only reason he didn't come to North America this year was because he received a contract offer from the canadiens AFTER signing with a Russian club. It had to do with his agent not expecting a contract from the canadiens or somethine like that.

this guy will be playing in Hamilton (or montreal?) real soon.

I don't know anything about him, but I like what I hear. It be a shame to see such a player with grit do well somewhere else when it's what we need so badly.

Yeah, I doubt we'll get Hossa, the asking price would be too high. It would be Emelin and a whole lot else. Probably a first-rounder and a guy like Chips or McDonagh. Although that isn't totally unreasonable for a PPG player.

Besides, I'm excited to see what Emelin will be like in a year or two, provided he comes over in the offseason. He'd probably take a year in Hamilton (but who knows, S. Kost didn't need it), and then the season after next we might have the best combination of youth and experience on the blueline with our current top three and then McDonagh and Emelin breaking in.

Hossa will be too expensive and not what the team needs. Jokinen or Tanguay are better options that would cost less. Lock Jokinen up long term after that and we would all sleep well at night.

how the hell can Tanguay be a better option than Hossa :wacko:

how the hell can Tanguay be a better option than Hossa :wacko:

Because signed or not he is going to cost us big. Expect to trade off two top prospects and a 1st and 2nd round pick. And the 1st would probably be conditional. Do you really want to run the risk of him not resigning and walking ala Souray? Hell Atlanta might even want Higgins instead of a prospect.

Gainey is known for delaying his contract negotiations and it has cost us before and might cost us again. (Ryder, Huet)

Tanguay is a strong experienced player and the flames would hate to part with him. Hossa has a way of disappearing. If we can get Hossa for a respectable amount AND have him resigned then go for it but it would be risky.

Saks: Are you talking about Lahti? Whereever he is it isn't on our first line like everyone thought. lol

Edited by OneSharpMarble