Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Some people are addicted to weed, others to speed, and others to souvlaki...

I happen to be hooked on hockey rumors.

I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but this is by far the most exciting time of the year for me.

I swear my production at work drops ten-fold.

Back to this Hossa rumor though; I'm split on it. He's reminds me of that good-looking cheerleader you've drooled over your whole life; the one that's gonna come back to haunt you.

Here u are, in your senior year, you've been dating the vice-president of the Ecology Club since you were a sophmore. You've grown together, trusted each other, hell, even gotten to third base together. Life's looking up, the prom is just around the corner. You've made it. The moment both you and Chrissy have been waiting for your whole lives. Chrissy has been having some issues this year, but you know she'll bounce back. She's a fighter and you know that her future is looking very bright.

So it's Saturday afternoon, and Chrissy is at the mall with her bestest friend in the whole world, Mika, looking for prom dresses. I'm at home playing D&D with my pals, when the phone rings.....

"Hey Bobby, it's Don!"

"Hey Donny, good...didn't see you at the comic book convention today."

"Couldn't make it, I had to deal with some family drama...and that's why I'm calling"

"**Confused** Ughhh ok, what is it buddy?"

"Listen, my sister Marianne is going through a bit of a crisis, she just broke up with Brock (of course Brock is the Quarterback of the Football Team)"

"Crap, that sucks, but I'm not really understanding where I come in."

"Listen Bobby, I'm gonna be totally honnest with you. Marianne confided in me today and told me that she's kind of attracted to you. She's sick of all these jocks; all braun and no brains. Although you may not be as "Hot" as the jocks, she sees something in you...to quote her, "I see something sexy in Bobby, he's a smart kid and although he's seen as a geek but the rest of the cheerleaders, I think he has a great chance of being crowned Prom King."

"**Gasp** "Wow...your sister really said that? I'm flattered..."

"Yes, and we left it at that. But I've been thinking Bobby, maybe you should take Marianne to the prom."

"Wha, wha, what are you talking about. I can't - I'm going with Chrissy: Hell she's at the mall right now looking for dresses with Mika."

"I know, but hear me out for a second. I think I can help your case with Marianne. Don't forget, she's a special girl, and a lot of people would love to get their hands on her. Real sexy...and from the noises I've heard coming out of her bedroom a tiger in bed.."

"Donny, u sick *$&@!!"

"Ok, ok..listen, I want what's best for my sis. And think you two would be a perfect fit. You know she's going to Boston College next year and you'll be at Harvard right?"

"She is...wow..."

"See..I think that would be really convenient for the both of you. And between us, if you take Marianne to the prom, I think you're a shoe in become Prom King. You know, opportunities like this don't come around too often in your lifetime."

"You're right but, wait a second...something doesn't make sense here...why the hell would you be doing all this for me? And what the hell am I gonna do about Chrissy"

"Bobby...I'm gonna be totally honnest. I'll set up a date for you and Marianne only if you let me take Chrissy to the Prom. I think she's cute and I really believe in her, even though she's been having some issues this year. I think a change in her life might suit her well."

"I don't know Donny...I have to think about it."

"Sure buddy, but do me a favor, I need an answer by Monday morning, cause as soon as we get back to school and everyone finds out that Marianne and Brock broke up, I wont be able to promiss you anything. Got it?"

"I'll call you back in an hour..."

"Click"

The way I see it, there are two possible scenarios; and they go as such...

"Hey Donny, it's Bobby. Listen, I've put much thought into it and I can't do it. I much as I like Marianne, Chrissy just means too much for me. We've gone through thick and thin together and although she really hasn't doing anything for my confidence levels this year, I really think she's gonna bounce back. Thanks for thinking of me but I'm gonna have to turn you down...Oh and don't get any funny ideas about pulling the moves on Chrissy cause I'm gonna send Mika after you, and you know Mika is a big girl that can rearrange ur face."

or

"Hey Donny, Chrissy's in a cab bawling her eyes out. I just laid out the news for her. All I have to do is give the cabbie your address and she's yours; one condition though. If Marianne agrees to stick with me throughout college we have a deal. And please hurry up cause Mika is beating down my door."

"Get her to commit to that? Hell, it's gonna cost you a bit more."

"Ok, i'll throw in my mint condition copy of "AMAZING FANTASY #15 in which Spiderman made his first appearance and I'll even spring for your Tux, Limo and Corsage "

"Jiminy Criket You got yourself a deal!!"

If you were "Bobby" would do...????

Just to set the record straight...

Bobby = Bob Gainey

Donny = Don Waddell

Chrissy = Chris Higgins

Marianne = Marian Hossa

Mika = Mike Komisarek

Amazing Fantasy #15 = 1st round pick

It took my about an hour to write and I was totally not going for that when I started writing my post. I just wanted to give my opinion on this friggen rumor and rumors in general and it just snowballed into this....

I think being in a country that doesn't follow hockey has driven me to this...

Did you enjoy guys enjoy it?

This was just posted on Eklunds site... I hate this guy, he has no credibility whatsoever... I am like one of those people that listen to Howard Stern just to hear the next outrageous thing he'll say... I vist Eklund's website just so I can read him regurgitate a rumour from a newspaper or website and say that he got it from an inside source and then throw in a few names that makes sense.... or he'll look at what some teams need and what others have and make a rumour saying a source said a trade is possible.... god i hate him... much respect for spector...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=13189 :

"Another Opinion on Hossa to Montreal

Talking to another source very close to Hossa has led to a completely different side of this story....WELCOME TO THE TRADE DEADLINE ROLLER COASTER

According to this source although there is a definite fit with Atlanta trading Hossa to Montreal, as of now the two sides have had zero discussions. I tend to believe that this is the case, but as is my job, I report RUMOURS. This is fascinating and another example of how the lack of movement has gotten even some of the greatest sources off track. It is hard to get a rumour to e4 status, and it is extremely rare to see it have NO truth. That means a whole lot of folks around the situation are hearing and spreading the wrong information. BUT it happens. And it may have happened with Hossa and the Habs.

I will just continue to post all that I am hearing on this situation and attempt to do my best to give you my opinions. At the end of the day I am not involved in the actual deals, so all I can do is tell you what I hear.

Remember RUMOURS are RUMOURS. I only bring this up because this time of year we get a ton of new people to the site.

I recommend all new readers read the FAQ section of the site for explanation of the e-system and what we do around here."

Edited by Gman

Higgins is not on his game right now. When he is, he's a 60 points man (up to now, although I think he has plateaued) AND is a character player (or a character player to be).

Hossa has proven that he's a 82 points man but has also proven that he is NOT a character player. He also doesn't produce all that much in playoffs.

Gainey would NOT do that deal. Trust me.

Haha Eklund got called on his bogus rumour and denied it hard yesterday. In his own thread someone posted that the exact trade was mentioned on the team 990? But they said it was just for kicks and a joke and then minutes later Eklund posts it and then the next day he completely tosses it out with the bathwater.

This guy is a grade A loser and joke.

Higgins is not on his game right now. When he is, he's a 60 points man (up to now, although I think he has plateaued) AND is a character player (or a character player to be).

Hossa has proven that he's a 82 points man but has also proven that he is NOT a character player. He also doesn't produce all that much in playoffs.

I think Higgins still plays with some ankle problem left from his injuries. Only explanation I can think of for his inability to shift to the extra gear he used to have at the beginning of the season.

Anybody else notice how SportsNet tossed the whole deadline party thing this year? Last year was a joke, I watched both them and TSN and Eklund would have his alarm go off 2 minutes after TSN would break a trade and say that he just got it from his sources. And yet again he gives us an E4 and pulls it the next day.

Hossa's playoff track record is fine. Whatever the reasons for not doing such a trade, that shouldn't be one of them.

Tonight's game against Ottawa re-inforced that we need more firepower...the kind a guy like Hossa can bring.

The game reinforced that we need a bit of everything: more depth at the blueline, an enforcer, a big checking C, others scorers than Plex's line, etc...

Hossa alone isn't the solution...

The game reinforced that we need a bit of everything: more depth at the blueline, an enforcer, a big checking C, others scorers than Plex's line, etc...

encore debout toi?!

yeah, totally agree, Jokinen is a bit of all taht (minus the enforcer) and that's why he'd be a more suitable solution... but Hossa + Holik + Neil + Boynton (Just throwing names around) would definitely make us more complete. ^_^

If we don't trade at all and we wait another year, we might just have that. Higgins, Skost, Lats might get their groove. Lapierre might REALLY and FINALLY become a real pest, and not a wanna be. Gorges might continue to improve.

I love this actual team and what it has done... but I believe way more in next year than in this year. I think we're close to it, but not "there" yet.

besides, a hossa would take a huge chunk of caproom. money that will be needed to sign guys like the kostitsyns, komisarek, price....