Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Wasnt propal the one who said some negative comments about french players a few years back? he has always had a big mouth. but the guy can score, when put in the right situation, he goes hot one year, cold the next, etc etc

Wasnt propal the one who said some negative comments about french players a few years back? he has always had a big mouth. but the guy can score, when put in the right situation, he goes hot one year, cold the next, etc etc

Back when Prospal was playing for the Sens, he called Brisebois a "f***ing fr*g"...

Back when Prospal was playing for the Sens, he called Brisebois a "f***ing fr*g"...

and brisebois ran away crying like a little girl instead of taking care of business himself.

it's not the first comments we hear about french(and also black, european, gay...) players and its not the last. trash talk is a part of the game.

and brisebois ran away crying like a little girl instead of taking care of business himself.

it's not the first comments we hear about french(and also black, european, gay...) players and its not the last. trash talk is a part of the game.

Theyre is gay nhlers? Not that there is anything wrong with that.. just never heard of any.

:hlogo:

Theyre is gay nhlers? Not that there is anything wrong with that.. just never heard of any.

:hlogo:

Well gay athletes don't tend to go around openly proclaiming their homosexuality, there's a certain stigma to it in case you hadn't heard.

Edited by Neech

of course there are gay NHLers, but there just aren't any openly gay NHLers.

Cannot name them but there was some with the Oilers, the Maple and the Rags in the 80,

some of them were traded to the Nordiques and moved to the AVs after that.

But hockey players are good actors, usually they have a good family with a blond bomshell

crying with their kids at their jerseys retirement. :lol:

He's not that good. He only plays well next to Lecavalier and St-Louis.

A fire Hydrant can pick up 20-30 points next to those guys

Edited by markierung

Cannot name them but there was some with the Oilers, the Maple and the Rags in the 80,

But hockey players are good actors, usually they have a good family with a blond bomshell

Glen Anderson has been rumoured to be gay for years. That would fit in with 3 of those teams as he played

for the Oilers, Leafs and Rangers.

Glen Anderson has been rumoured to be gay for years. That would fit in with 3 of those teams as he played

for the Oilers, Leafs and Rangers.

I was just about to say that. I think it no longer is a BIG secret that Anderson is gay.

Anderson is pretty much universally acknowledged to be gay.

Similar rumours followed Stephane Richer around, but who knows? And who cares, really?

More intriguing, as far as this goes, is the intensely repressed homo-eroticism of sport in general and hockey in particular - from the bizarre hazing rituals Juniors face to the endless 'macho' ass-fondling. The ways of the psyche are mysterious indeed :lol:

Anderson is pretty much universally acknowledged to be gay.

Similar rumours followed Stephane Richer around, but who knows? And who cares, really?

More intriguing, as far as this goes, is the intensely repressed homo-eroticism of sport in general and hockey in particular - from the bizarre hazing rituals Juniors face to the endless 'macho' ass-fondling. The ways of the psyche are mysterious indeed :lol:

It is strange. I played college baseball and I could really have cared less if I had a gay teammate. If the guy could help us win, it was the least of my concerns.

The first guy that does come out will be a legend in the gay community. Times are changing and I would bet it happens sooner rather than later.

It is strange. I played college baseball and I could really have cared less if I had a gay teammate. If the guy could help us win, it was the least of my concerns.

The first guy that does come out will be a legend in the gay community. Times are changing and I would bet it happens sooner rather than later.

I guess Brisebois can feel better about coming out of the closet. He seems to have some gayish qualities. ^_^

:lol:

The thing about the homo-eroticism is that it isn't intensely repressed, the hazing and the constant ass-slappage are out for all to see (well not so much the hazing, but we're talking about this homo-erotic behaviour because practically all athletes do it). It's strange how a group of competitive males, when kept together and made to bond as a team, will behave in this way. Perhaps the omnipresence of sex and sexuality in our psyche makes it natural for men to extend it to an athletic and competitive environment like pro-sports. Psychologists probably have many theories to explain this.

This thread could really get derailed... :lol:

:lol:

The thing about the homo-eroticism is that it isn't intensely repressed, the hazing and the constant ass-slappage are out for all to see (well not so much the hazing, but we're talking about this homo-erotic behaviour because practically all athletes do it). It's strange how a group of competitive males, when kept together and made to bond as a team, will behave in this way. Perhaps the omnipresence of sex and sexuality in our psyche makes it natural for men to extend it to an athletic and competitive environment like pro-sports. Psychologists probably have many theories to explain this.

This thread could really get derailed... :lol:

No shit, lets get it back on track. I wish we could trade for that sexy Hossa on our team. :lol:

No shit, lets get it back on track. I wish we could trade for that sexy Hossa on our team. :lol:

Just imagine the ass-slapping!! :lol:

Alright, I'm done.

I read in the Globe and Mail today that Hossa had already turned down a 4 year 28 million dollar contract, so that puts our hopes of signing him for 3-4 years to rest. He's going to do no different than other guys in his situation, go for the maximum amount of money he can command, probably 7 years 50 million or something like that.

Just imagine the ass-slapping!! :lol:

Alright, I'm done.

I read in the Globe and Mail today that Hossa had already turned down a 4 year 28 million dollar contract, so that puts our hopes of signing him for 3-4 years to rest. He's going to do no different than other guys in his situation, go for the maximum amount of money he can command, probably 7 years 50 million or something like that.

I was all over going after Hossa until Vinny teased me with how it would be great to raise the Cup in Montreal line.

Here is what Kozed posted

Since we're playing the Bolts, just thought I'd throw this out there: http://www.corussports.com/canadiens/gaine...212-720742.html

Lecavalier is saying Gainey will have an easier time signing UFAs now that the team is performing well... and that he (Lecavalier) would find it "magic to win in Montreal".

Lecavalier's current contract ends in the summer 2009...

THen I didn't want to commit to the ok chick, when the hot chick is thinking about it. Sad, we could get left with nothing, but one can dream.

I would now rather Gainey shore up the D and try to win a Jersey style Cup and wait until we are on the cusp to make a splash.

I think losing my mind temporarily after the Ottawa game was the best thing for me, now that I realize that the only way it happens this year

is with Hu-ET standing on his head, or Price etching his name in Canadien lore.

I was all over going after Hossa until Vinny teased me with how it would be great to raise the Cup in Montreal line.

Here is what Kozed posted

Since we're playing the Bolts, just thought I'd throw this out there: http://www.corussports.com/canadiens/gaine...212-720742.html

Lecavalier is saying Gainey will have an easier time signing UFAs now that the team is performing well... and that he (Lecavalier) would find it "magic to win in Montreal".

Lecavalier's current contract ends in the summer 2009...

THen I didn't want to commit to the ok chick, when the hot chick is thinking about it. Sad, we could get left with nothing, but one can dream.

I would now rather Gainey shore up the D and try to win a Jersey style Cup and wait until we are on the cusp to make a splash.

I think losing my mind temporarily after the Ottawa game was the best thing for me, now that I realize that the only way it happens this year

If Vinny came here it would be glorious.

But he wont I just cant see him leaving the beaches.

If Vinny came here it would be glorious.

But he wont I just cant see him leaving the beaches.

Like I said, one can only hope. If the Bolts sign Boyle they will be pretty strapped. They don't have any impact youth

on the way, we pray they suck next year and he won't commit and they offer him up at the deadline.

It is a dream, but what a dream :)

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. This summer might not be the right time to go after a big UFA, first of all we should focus on keeping the important guys we have. With our current top 3 and the young guys we have coming up in our system, I think the D is looking good at this point and for the next few years. Our young forwards are still improving, and it's too early to really evaluate most of them yet. It doesn't look like there will be many perfect UFAs to go after this summer anyway, so I have no problem if we sit tight and maybe just add a player or two to fill small holes. When we know where we are, we can go after a big name to push us into the elite of the league. Plus, if we have a good young team at that time, guys will be more inclined to sign with us.

Jason Bonsignore?

Without going back through a million pages here...anyone else read about the Habs supposed interest in Jagr or Blake?? I read the Habs name linked to "interest" in those players...for whatever it's worth...

Without going back through a million pages here...anyone else read about the Habs supposed interest in Jagr or Blake?? I read the Habs name linked to "interest" in those players...for whatever it's worth...

Never heard of it, doubt it will happen, hope it won't happen.