Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Naslund's production has been declining, but let's also look at where he was and who surrounded him. While he only had 55 points, he did have 25 goals. Put him in an attacking situation and there's some potential there.

Rumour: Habs looking at Bert (again)?

Reunite the two for the same price as one bigger name? Issues: no centre still, taking away from kid space.

Naslund's production has been declining, but let's also look at where he was and who surrounded him. While he only had 55 points, he did have 25 goals. Put him in an attacking situation and there's some potential there.

Rumour: Habs looking at Bert (again)?

Reunite the two for the same price as one bigger name? Issues: no centre still, taking away from kid space.

Why not just sign Morrison to centre them and reunite the whole line. :-p

No thanks

I would rather see the kids get more playing time and improve then seeing old and finished guys like Naslund or Bertuzzi taking up alot of cap space and playing time!

No thanks

I would rather see the kids get more playing time and improve then seeing old and finished guys like Naslund or Bertuzzi taking up alot of cap space and playing time!

I agree 100% which is why I don't want Smoke or Brisebois back or Dandenault and Bouillon for that matter. There are young guys who are either better already or have way more potential.

I agree 100% which is why I don't want Smoke or Brisebois back or Dandenault and Bouillon for that matter. There are young guys who are either better already or have way more potential.

Agreed, but, I still feel Boullion is an asset. The guy hits and he hits harder than guys twice his size. He was great in last year. There is no denying that. His price tag? arguable, but not a cap killer.

Apparently (again, apparently) Hossa's decision will come down around 1 EST. Dominoes should start falling shortly after that. No doubt my boy will wake up at 12.56 so I'll miss out on the fun. :P

I would rather have Shanahan than Bertuzzi. I just don't trust that grumpy bastard ruining the chemistry on the team.

At least Shanny could mentor Lats

I would rather have Shanahan than Bertuzzi. I just don't trust that grumpy bastard ruining the chemistry on the team.

At least Shanny could mentor Lats

Shanny and Bert could both mentor Lats but your right Shanny would be better at it.

Do you really think Brendan will leave the New York area thoug?

Shanny and Bert could both mentor Lats but your right Shanny would be better at it.

Do you really think Brendan will leave the New York area thoug?

Definitely. I believe the Rags said they would be unlikely to sign him and Shanahan seems to be exploring his options. We were the team most interested in him last time and, as you guys have said, he has some value as a tutor for Lats. We are a definite possibility although it would mean forfeiting Sundin, which is why it isn't going to happen.

Personally, if we can get Demitra at 5 million, I'll be very happy.

Definitely. I believe the Rags said they would be unlikely to sign him and Shanahan seems to be exploring his options. We were the team most interested in him last time and, as you guys have said, he has some value as a tutor for Lats. We are a definite possibility although it would mean forfeiting Sundin, which is why it isn't going to happen.

Personally, if we can get Demitra at 5 million, I'll be very happy.

be careful what you wish for. I'm not too keen on Demitra, he's slowed down, not what we need. But Shanny for a low salary and Sundin coming in for Gainey's original offer of 8. Wow.......that would be exciting. That's my wish. Woooooooohooooooo!!!!

But Shanny for a low salary and Sundin coming in for Gainey's original offer of 8. Wow.......that would be exciting. That's my wish. Woooooooohooooooo!!!!

Dude, we can't afford that unless Shanny came for like 800k. After adding in Sundin's 8, they'd only have around 3.5 million to sign Gorges, O'Byrne, Grabovski, Halak, and then Shanny.

Dude, we can't afford that unless Shanny came for like 800k. After adding in Sundin's 8, they'd only have around 3.5 million to sign Gorges, O'Byrne, Grabovski, Halak, and then Shanny.

It's o.k to be over the cap for a moment. Sign those two for 8 and 2 and clean house to stay under the cap. Waive Dandy, Kosto,Begin, and trade Laps bring up Chips fill the holes and move on. We are trapped by the cap but not like you make it sound.... "impossible". There are ways around it all. Be creative and get what you need.

Oy ya....by the way .....do it now when there is time to figure it out. We all know the trade deadline in March means shit. nobody does anything beause of cap constraints so screw it and take care of the situation now even if it means capping out.

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

It's o.k to be over the cap for a moment. Sign those two for 8 and 2 and clean house to stay under the cap. Waive Dandy, Kosto,Begin, and trade Laps bring up Chips fill the holes and move on. We are trapped by the cap but not like you make it sound.... "impossible". There are ways around it all. Be creative and get what you need.

That just doesn't work.

12 forwards: Chipchura, Grabovski, Higgins, AKost, SKost, Koivu, Kovalev, Latendresse, Plekanec, Tanguay, Sundin, Shanahan

6 D: Bouillon, Gorges, Hamrlik, Komisarek, O'Byrne, Markov

2 G: Price and Halak

That's 51.5 million, not including the new contracts for Gorges, Grabs, Halak, and O'Byrne. Say they sign all four for a meager 3.5 million and we're at 55 million. That's only 1.7 million for 3 spare players, plus it would make it very difficult to bring up anyone to cover an injury that doesn't qualify for cap relief.

On top of that, it makes no sense to dump Kostoulos and Lapierre, both of whom are cheap NHLers. I, too, want Chippy up, but it doesn't make sense to trade Lapierre to make room for him, as Chippy's cap hit is more than Lapierre's.

The whole Sundin thing has me pissed off. So if Bob cant pull a Jagr or Selanne outta his butt then Id be happy if we traded for Schneider and signed Laroque then if we have money left over we could get a guy like to centre the third line, my preferance is Morrison.

:hlogo:

That just doesn't work.

12 forwards: Chipchura, Grabovski, Higgins, AKost, SKost, Koivu, Kovalev, Latendresse, Plekanec, Tanguay, Sundin, Shanahan

6 D: Bouillon, Gorges, Hamrlik, Komisarek, O'Byrne, Markov

2 G: Price and Halak

That's 51.5 million, not including the new contracts for Gorges, Grabs, Halak, and O'Byrne. Say they sign all four for a meager 3.5 million and we're at 55 million. That's only 1.7 million for 3 spare players, plus it would make it very difficult to bring up anyone to cover an injury that doesn't qualify for cap relief.

On top of that, it makes no sense to dump Kostoulos and Lapierre, both of whom are cheap NHLers. I, too, want Chippy up, but it doesn't make sense to trade Lapierre to make room for him, as Chippy's cap hit is more than Lapierre's.

As much as I hate to say trade "the cube" and Begin for draft picks, by doing it and also inserting Valetenko and Stewart puts us 3 million under the cap. I would do it if it meant Shanny and Sundin. 3 mil covers spare players and hopefully we won't have any long term injuries.Although we have all kinds of cheap depth to fill the roles of short term injuries. If Saks goes down we have an extra 4 million to fill the void with whoever.

We can make it work but I'm not Bob Gainey and neither are you. I just want a Stanley cup really soon.

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

As much as I hate to say trade "the cube" and Begin for draft picks, by doing it and also inserting Valetenko and Stewart puts us 3 million under the cap. I would do it if it meant Shanny and Sundin. 3 mil covers spare players and hopefully we won't have any long term injuries.Although we have all kinds of cheap depth to fill the roles of short term injuries. If Saks goes down we have an extra 4 million to fill the void with whoever.

We can make it work but I'm not Bob Gainey and neither are you. I just want a Stanley cup really soon.

That would be awesome, YES PLEASE TRADE THE CUBE.

Getting Selanne? There is no chance in hell that will happen. He has already said he was only playing in California.

Why does the the Sundin thing piss people off? BG gave him an offer, he hasn't taken it. Big deal, it happened last year plenty of players and alot of people bitched and moaned. What happened? They won the east on the best team in 15 years. Get a grip people, BG knows what he is doing. He wanted a top 6 forward, he got one.

Sundin is still unsigned.

I'm seeing in a few places, rumor sites to be taken with a grain of salt, of course, that the Habs are talking to Jason Williams. He seems like the perfect Gainey signing. A productive player who flies under the radar and can be had fairly cheap. Williams did really well on the Detroit PP playing the point a couple years ago. Last year in half a season in Chicago he put up 36 points. He's certainly not the big name we've expected, but could be a nice fit to play the point on the powerplay.

I'm seeing in a few places, rumor sites to be taken with a grain of salt, of course, that the Habs are talking to Jason Williams. He seems like the perfect Gainey signing. A productive player who flies under the radar and can be had fairly cheap. Williams did really well on the Detroit PP playing the point a couple years ago. Last year in half a season in Chicago he put up 36 points. He's certainly not the big name we've expected, but could be a nice fit to play the point on the powerplay.

He would be a great replacement for Smokes ice time...

I'm all for it...where do I sign?

That would be awesome, YES PLEASE TRADE THE CUBE.

I do not understand the feeling out there about this player. He brings more in intangibles to a team then many high priced, high ego players who play for themselves. This guy loves the game, loves the team, and always gives his all. He is much better then most players playing defense in this league.

yeah 43 games 36 points... sounds good... somewhat like a mike johnson signing from BG a while ago... pure depth player jack of all trades will be good certain nights others mmm noo... Lets hope he's better than that

I do not understand the feeling out there about this player. He brings more in intangibles to a team then many high priced, high ego players who play for themselves. This guy loves the game, loves the team, and always gives his all. He is much better then most players playing defense in this league.

I agree with everything but this.

And thats why I feel the way I do.

On a really good defensive team a guy like Frank is a #7.