Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Are you guys talking about the dman selected on the first All-Star team this year? ;)

Komi is a great team player and has a lot of character. He'll rebound and continue his progession. It's not because Lucic has his number than Komi is a loser. Kudos to Lucic. Komi is an elite dman nonetheless, and would be very difficult to replace.

Would love to see next year Markov, Bouwm, Komi, Hamrlik, Schneider, Emelin/Weber

the only problem is the monney. Take out Schneider for Gorges and we could have something...

Would love to see next year Markov, Bouwm, Komi, Hamrlik, Schneider, Emelin/Weber

Yeah but do you know how much this D would cost? Almost 30M...

According to Pierre McGuire, François Allaire has asked the Ducks organization to talk to 3 eastern conference teams. (Apparently McGuire heard this from different GM's across the league)

Allaire's contract with the Ducks expires July 1st and is looking to come back east. I'd love to have him back as our goalie coach. He could definitely help Carey out!

I think Komi is gone in any scenerio. He Like Souray and Streit will simply take the money and run.

My question is what direction will they go, as much as i would like to see Boumeester in that spot chances are slim to none that happens. There are some other lesser names who would be available.

Weber will play with Hamrlik.

O'Turtle has proved himself to be nothing more then an ok AHL'er.

So that leaves Emelin and Gorges at 5 and 6 provided BG can sign him.

I would not resign Bouillon or Dandy. Why waste the money.

Sheesh. :rolleyes: One rough rookie season and he's 'proven' to be a dud.

No kidding. He was fine in 07-08. Give him time.

I think Komi is gone in any scenerio. He Like Souray and Streit will simply take the money and run.

My question is what direction will they go, as much as i would like to see Boumeester in that spot chances are slim to none that happens. There are some other lesser names who would be available.

Weber will play with Hamrlik.

O'Turtle has proved himself to be nothing more then an ok AHL'er.

So that leaves Emelin and Gorges at 5 and 6 provided BG can sign him.

I would not resign Bouillon or Dandy. Why waste the money.

All the Habs need is a stop-gap for the coming season before the likes of Subban, McDonagh & Fischer are ready to push for a job. Emelin may be a big piece of that and Weber has already made the club imho so I see the need to address 2 issues. Komi is very likely gone and I'll be pleasantly surprised if he stays. Hamrlik has lost some mobility and is now closer to being a #5 than a #3. After hearing Martin talk about wanting better puck possession and the importance of puck movers I'll also be surprised if Hamrlik isn't traded before the season starts for someone with more mobility.

Komi + Hammer = Bou money so it's doable while still having cap space to upgrade down the middle.

Edited by Bitterman

All the Habs need is a stop-gap for the coming season before the likes of Subban, McDonagh & Fischer are ready to push for a job. Emelin may be a big piece of that and Weber has already made the club imho so I see the need to address 2 issues. Komi is very likely gone and I'll be pleasantly surprised if he stays. Hamrlik has lost some mobility and is now closer to being a #5 than a #3. After hearing Martin talk about wanting better puck possession and the importance of puck movers I'll also be surprised if Hamrlik isn't traded before the season starts for someone with more mobility.

Komi + Hammer = Bou money so it's doable while still having cap space to upgrade down the middle.

trade hammer for Bou's exclusive negotiation rights? ^_^

No way, Hammer is going to TB in the Vinny deal. He is clearly the top pairing D-man TB is looking for.

of course they wouldn't want Markov !! they wouldn't know wath to do with such a talented dman.

No one will take on Hamrlik's contract. We're stuck with him, and I wouldn't be so quick to assume he's washed up in any case. Sometimes players just have bad seasons. It happens, but we won't be able to say he's in terminal decline until next season.

I agree that Komisarek is on his way to overpaid millions. Just pointed out in that fantasy scenario that he would not be part of the equation.

Beauchemin is a good tough player who can move the puck, shoot a bit. I'd be angling hard after him, proven commodity and Cup-winner to boot. Who knows if all the kids will develop according to plan? In fact, we can be assured they won't. Oduya maybe too similar, but again, tough and can pass the puck a-to-b. I'd be looking at him too.

O'Byrne wasn't that fine as a rookie and visibly progressed 0.0% from his first game to his last. Gorges is also too soft and a concede-at-all-costs d man, but at least when he has the puck passes successfully more often than not. I'd be throwing in O'Byrne as trade bait to any deals - big bodied d man who is young. I think we can replace him down the line (hoe much worse can Emelin be after a couple of years' seasoning?).

Hamrlik unmovable in the bad sense, stuck with his contract no matter what. But has proven he can play last season, hope that is was an off-year due to instability among other things, not signs of decay.

*sorry, meant Hamrlik has proven he can play before last season!

Edited by tokyohabs

No one will take on Hamrlik's contract. We're stuck with him, and I wouldn't be so quick to assume he's washed up in any case. Sometimes players just have bad seasons. It happens, but we won't be able to say he's in terminal decline until next season.

I think Hammer can be moved as part of a package where we're taking back a similar salary up front. I just think that with Martin's comments yesterday Hammer especially doesn't fit into his plan of a puck-moving back end. Nor does Komi in a way and that grit and minutes will be hard to replace if/when Komi walks... and I think he will :(

O'Byrne wasn't that fine as a rookie and visibly progressed 0.0% from his first game to his last. Gorges is also too soft and a concede-at-all-costs d man, but at least when he has the puck passes successfully more often than not. I'd be throwing in O'Byrne as trade bait to any deals - big bodied d man who is young. I think we can replace him down the line (hoe much worse can Emelin be after a couple of years' seasoning?).

O'Byrne has potential but that almost all hinges on him developing some sort of mean streak and learning how to use his body. As things are, he's too soft, too stupid and too awkward to be much more than a #6. This year, as usual, he'll be competing for a regular roster spot on the bottom pairing and this could be a make or break year for him. Yeah, big d-men are supposed to take longer to develop but once he gets passed on the depth chart by Weber and Emelin, that's it for him. There are plenty more on the way.

I think Hammer can be moved as part of a package where we're taking back a similar salary up front.

But what player out there has a similar contract that we'd want more than we want Hammer?

After hearing Martin talk about wanting better puck possession and the importance of puck movers I'll also be surprised if Hamrlik isn't traded before the season starts for someone with more mobility.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind Hamrlik's puckhandling? He's in my top 4 or 5 in puck moving, and top 3 or 4 in puck possession based on this season's team.

Overpaid he may be, but he was signed as an UFA and which UFA signed in the first week of July isn't overpaid? I'd like to give him another season before talking about a salary dump.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind Hamrlik's puckhandling? He's in my top 4 or 5 in puck moving, and top 3 or 4 in puck possession based on this season's team.

Overpaid he may be, but he was signed as an UFA and which UFA signed in the first week of July isn't overpaid? I'd like to give him another season before talking about a salary dump.

He was stellar the season before and hands down our #2.

last season, he crapped the bed like most of our players. We were on a bad moon would say jojo savard.

He was stellar the season before and hands down our #2.

last season, he crapped the bed like most of our players. We were on a bad moon would say jojo savard.

JoJo!!!!!That's a good one. I hope you're right, it sure would explain alot. It would also suggest that we'll be good next year.

Alot of Habsfans seem to forget that with the exception of Lapierre and maybe Latendresse, the rest of the team went backwards in terms of progression vs the 07-08 season. To single out one guy(ie: Hamrlik or Komi) and to say that they sucked last year is a bit ridiculous and short sighted!

Alot of Habsfans seem to forget that with the exception of Lapierre and maybe Latendresse, the rest of the team went backwards in terms of progression vs the 07-08 season. To single out one guy(ie: Hamrlik or Komi) and to say that they sucked last year is a bit ridiculous and short sighted!

Hear hear :clap:

+1

Well, that would be excluding the AHL call-ups

Now that a coach has been named i am wondering what direction they'll take. Does anyone know when the draft is? I assume it's before July 1st UFA date.

Obviously i want the huge turnover but there are some good players out there that could have an immediate impact on the roster.

I do think Komi is gone.

I would try Boumeester, Morris and i heard they may go after Ohlind in Vancouver.

Forwards my top chioce would be the Sedins. They always work hard, skate, decent size and play in the offensive zone.

Also how about Neil? Did he play under Martin in Ottawa?

The third and 4th line would be alot bigger and tougher.

Higgins Metropolit Neil (shut down line)

Stewart Lapierre Laraque (get it deep and pound them line)

It's time to see Lats on the top 2 lines as well, is he a top 6 guy or not?

Now that a coach has been named i am wondering what direction they'll take. Does anyone know when the draft is? I assume it's before July 1st UFA date.

Obviously i want the huge turnover but there are some good players out there that could have an immediate impact on the roster.

I do think Komi is gone.

I would try Boumeester, Morris and i heard they may go after Ohlind in Vancouver.

Forwards my top chioce would be the Sedins. They always work hard, skate, decent size and play in the offensive zone.

Also how about Neil? Did he play under Martin in Ottawa?

The third and 4th line would be alot bigger and tougher.

Higgins Metropolit Neil (shut down line)

Stewart Lapierre Laraque (get it deep and pound them line)

It's time to see Lats on the top 2 lines as well, is he a top 6 guy or not?

Ohlund would be a baaaaad move IMHO. A definite step down from Komi and probably wouldn't come that much cheaper (say, $4 mil). His mobility looked really exposed in the Chicago series. Basically a 4th defenceman, replacing a 2-3 defenceman (Komi) - no thanks. I do fear that Gainey will pursue Ohlund, though. 'Safe,' experienced veteran - just Gainey's type. But like I say, it would be a major step down.

Sedins would be a brilliant strike that would remake the core of the team overnight and solve our problem at C for years to come. It would, however, be a huge financial commitment (expect to pay in the $12-14 million range for the pair). Anyway, the Canuckleheads will almost certainly sign them.

I feel we should take a run at Bouwemeester, and I don't believe the hype that he hates Martin or that the Habs are simply predestined to fail at UFA signings. However, there are strong rumours that he wants to play out west, and I can also see the argument *against* shilling out huge dough on UFAs at this particular juncture. Nonetheless, the guy is a stud at 26. he can anchor our D for years and years to come and would instantly elevate our entire transition game. Worth the risk, I say.

Neil would be a fine signing, just what the doctor ordered in a lot of ways.

I'd expect to see Sergei Kostitsyn on the top-6 forward roster before Lats. But who knows how these young guys will break? Sergei could end up out of the league for all we know. So could Plekanec. Right now I pencil in Latendresse as a third-line monster.

Realistically, I'd speculate that Gainey will probably sign 1-2 below-the-radar UFAs (like Neil) and will probably lose at least two of our Big Three UFAs (Koivu, Kovalev, Komisarek). THEN he will push hard for a major trade. He'll have to, if he loses Koivu in particular, because no team can expect to win with Plekanec as its #1 C and Lapierre as its #2. :wacko:

The draft is in Montreal 26-27 june.

Possible trades will happen there.

It's the top six forwards that will tell if we have a chance to see a team that Martin can work with.

I will name one RFA that would change the face of this team. David Booth. (Martin knows him a lot)

And there are more players like that Versteeg, Zajac, Kessel...

My wishlist would be Zajac and Booth signed with offer sheet. Cammalleri as a free agent. Tanguay re-signed.

The money would be better spent there in my opinion. I would say even overpay for them.

Booth- Zajac- Max Pac

Tanguay-Cammelleri- Latendresse

It would be a respectable top six.