Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

We'll only be able to sign one guy to an offer sheet. After you sign one, you generally have lost the draft picks you need to go after another one. Booth and Zajac aren't good targets, either. I think you have to go after teams that are right up against the cap like Bolland, Versteeg or Barker out of Chicago; Kessel in Boston (Krejci just re-signed); Ryane Clowe in San Jose; Dubinsky and Zherdev in NYR or Jiri Hudler in Detroit.

Now that we sort of know what kind of game we'll be playing, maybe Brian Gionta would be a good fit. He'd be more likely to accept an offer from us than Tanguay, I think. And who knows, maybe he could help us lure in Oduya.

BG won't do any offer sheets. Too much class.

I fear a Ohlind signing as well, the habs D is already slow, he won't help out there.

Thanks for the info on draft dates.

I don't see Tanguay resigning either. He'll want to go to a contender. It's arguable what kind of team the habs will even have. Youth movement or signing some players and taking a run.

All this adds up to right now for me is that Bob will probably try and make a significant trade, and preferably soon, as a statement on where the team's direction is heading.

All this adds up to right now for me is that Bob will probably try and make a significant trade, and preferably soon, as a statement on where the team's direction is heading.

Jordan Staal. :clap:

forget the sedin twins, who seem to be joined at the hip. is there a league rule that stipulates they both must go to the same team??? anyway, habs have enough soft players. as for o'byrne, well this is his (last) chance. he needs to show some mettle and stop with the popovic/lupien style. give him some real ice time instead of breezby and maybe he CAN become competent. otherwise, lets use the young depth we've been hearing so much about. in 86 habs won the cup with half a dozen rookies and no one complained. kings used doughty, and the leafs used schenn right away. what is bg waiting for??? and for all the talk about vinny,well he has played alot of hockey. wonder how much he has left in the tank. does denis savard come to mind???

Savard doesn't come to mind at all. He was already a shadow of his best days. Vinny is in the middle of his best days. But will be too 'expensive', both in players we'd give up and salary.

Sedins, I'd take them in a heartbeat. They drive the net a lot more than people think, and are often right there on the doorstep. They've said they enjoy living and playing in Vancouver though.

I think we are looking at depth forwards this year, though signings, trades. Shoring up the d to play Martin's style / system and setting the table to lure high-profile attacking forwards next year is what I think will be going on. One of Beauchemin / Oduya? One big-name d-man?

The Sedins are NOT soft, if you don't want them to come that's fine but they certainly aren't soft and would be a huge upgrade to the centre and wing positions.

They could take Koivu and Kovalev's spots. They simply produce more, work harder and show up every night.

The money they would save from not resigning all the UFA garbage can get the Sedins in easliy. Your probably looking at 13 mill for the 2 of them. 4 mill Kovy gone, 4.5 Koivu gone don't resign the cube or dandy and there is your 13 mill.

Good ol' Eklund has Phaneuf to Habs listed at an e2. Sigh, Eklund giving me less reason to alter my avatar anytime soon. :angry:

I think it is just because Phaneuf wants to play in the east so he can see Avery a few more times per season. Associating him with the Habs is just for more site hits ;)

I think it is just because Phaneuf wants to play in the east so he can see Avery a few more times per season. Associating him with the Habs is just for more site hits ;)

maybe it's more about his "sloppy second" wanting to come back home...although she lived in calgary for a while !!

are you talking about the rumour of

sign and trade Komi + add max pax for Phaneuf?

won't happen. the habs would think it's too much to give for Phannie.

besides Komi's signing would come with a NTC.

besides Komi's signing would come with a NTC.

It could just as easily be waived in a S&T though. If it was agreed upon in advance that the deal is being signed with Montreal for S&T purposes but that he would be sent to ___, it wouldn't be a big deal. (It'd be the first of its kind in the NHL unless you're convinced that the Heatley/Hossa deal years ago was a S&T...)

It could just as easily be waived in a S&T though. If it was agreed upon in advance that the deal is being signed with Montreal for S&T purposes but that he would be sent to ___, it wouldn't be a big deal. (It'd be the first of its kind in the NHL unless you're convinced that the Heatley/Hossa deal years ago was a S&T...)

Technically, Komisarek's NTC wouldn't kick in until July 1, so it could be done before then without Komisarek's knowledge.

Technically, Komisarek's NTC wouldn't kick in until July 1, so it could be done before then without Komisarek's knowledge.

Very true - I never even thought of that - it's the Vinny situation all over again (NTC kicks in July 1). I'm sure Komisarek would have knowledge of the situation mind you.

Very true - I never even thought of that - it's the Vinny situation all over again (NTC kicks in July 1). I'm sure Komisarek would have knowledge of the situation mind you.

Vokoun and Visnovsky had the same thing happen to them as well, though those extensions were signed well in advance of July 1. I don't think anyone has been re-signed in June and traded before July, though.

Sign and trade do not happen anyways, it's just good for fantasy leagues.

Sing and trade do happen though. :P

examples ??

examples ??

Holik and his agent singing "We are the champions" when NYR signed him for 9M per season some years ago.

Hossa last summer : "I'm a bitch"

Martin Brodeur @ 5.4M (or any habs players before the 80's): "Rape me"

Daniel Briere : The Traitor by Leonard Cohen (I don't know that one, but suits him well)

And if Bob did that he could kiss his credibility good-bye. Nobody in their right mind would sign in Montreal if he pulled a stunt like that.

And if Bob did that he could kiss his credibility good-bye. Nobody in their right mind would sign in Montreal if he pulled a stunt like that.

So what does he have to lose, then? :lol:

I might as well put this in the rumor page since it is a rumor, Francois Gagnon states on Team 990 that Yemelin will stay in Russia. Take it for what it's worth.

Edited by Koivu11