Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

RDS is reporting that only 5 of the 10 UFA's will be priorities and receive offers in the near future from the Habs - Koivu, Tanguay, Schneider, Kovalev, and Komisarek. The latter of those is the only one to receive an offer as of yet.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/277159.html (Although the way they keep changing what's in that article, you never know what'll be in there when you click it).

A pair of surprises there, Kostopoulos I thought would get an offer as would Lang potentially, but things can change a lot between now and then.

that's bullcrap. That's according to them. That's not facts. (that's a BIG problem with RDS... they put incomplete silent opinions in articles that are supposed to state facts)

FACTS :

-Komisarek has received an offer according to that article.

-Bouillon and Dandenault will not receive offers.

NO MORE FACTS. The rest is speculation. (gosh, I'm so professional, I should teach them how to report news)

EDIT :

ok, the article changed again... now they say that GAINEY Said that he would actually talk with those guys. Saku Koivu, Alex Tanguay, Mathieu Schneider, Alex Kovalev

sorry RDS. but you still deserve my constant bashing :P

35 goals a couple of times. that's not slight, that's worlds better than.

Remember how people were dissing Arnott... IMO, he's the main reason for their consistent overperforming of the last couple of seasons.

no, he's not a Lecavalier. No he might not win the conn smythe.

YES YES YES he is better than ANYTHING we have at center.

He's also only one season removed from a 48 point, -19 season on a good team. This year when he played with Thornton, he was excellent. Can he still produce as the focal point of a line?

EDIT :

ok, the article changed again... now they say that GAINEY Said that he would actually talk with those guys. Saku Koivu, Alex Tanguay, Mathieu Schneider, Alex Kovalev

sorry RDS. but you still deserve my constant bashing :P

That's why I put the disclaimer in there that they keep changing everything. For the record, talks with Latendresse have apparently begun according to the article now.

He's also only one season removed from a 48 point, -19 season on a good team. This year when he played with Thornton, he was excellent. Can he still produce as the focal point of a line?

that coach has been fired. as will the Sens coach get fired if he can't perform without Heatley.

as per CKAC today at noon, there is supposed to be a press conference at 4:30PM ET, i.e. right now.

I'm not listening to the radio, but I suppose it's BG saying that they'll be drafting the BPA and that he'll be listening to the offers.

That one disastrous season he was at war with his coach. It was sandwiched between three seasons of roughly PPG production and 30+ goals. Marleau is not a franchise player, nor is he the guy to carry the team on his back. But he nonetheless is a legitimate top-line C and not yet 30. He could be a quality core player for us for the next half decade.

Not targeting you specifically, but sometimes I wonder if ANYONE is good enough for Habs fans. Lecavalier's contract is terrible, and we're told he's 'injury-prone.' The Sedins are limp-wristed pansies. Boumeester is not a 'difference maker.' Marleau is 'inconsistent' because of one bad year. Hossa (remember this argument?) is a 'playoff bust.' And then there's our own players: Koivu is not a #1 C and is a bad leader; Komisarek is an oversized pansy; and on and on and on it goes.

Ya know what? Malkin and Crosby ain't coming, folks. Most players have SOME negatives to go with the positives. As Frank Sinatra sang: That's Life.

Anyway, acquisitions like Lecavalier and Marleau are fun to contemplate. ANY top-line C is fun to contemplate since it would address the festering, bleeding carbuncle that has been our situation at C since the Ribeiro deal.

(I'd like to see a deal for Jordan Staal myself. Just saying).

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I will not spit on ANY centre that is not Saku Koivu nor Plekanec. (not that I will spit on them... but they are insufficient as a combo)

Marleau IS an extremely good centre.

I agree and number 11 is getting old. We need a complete over haul with the one two centre.

If NYI chooses Hedman - and it seems like all the reports are sliding in that direction - Tampa is likely to trade their pick or Vinny. (Think about it, how are they going to develop both Stamkos and Tavares if Vinny is locked in with his NMC? One of the three "needs" to go for a D.)

I do think Gainey is trying to haul in Vinny but I don't think he's willing to trade Markov. The news that none of the forwards have received contracts yet makes it clear that Gainey is after a 1st line forward. I'm not sure what kind of a package we could make for a guy like Vinny though. They'd want at least one of Subban & McDonagh and then a combination of guys like Plekanec, Higgins & Gorges that we heard earlier in the year.

As for Marleau, he's a huuuge upgrade over Koivu, and he gives us another 7 or 8 years of breathing room to draft that top C of the future. But what could we trade? Our 1st again? After using our last 1st on Tanguay, I'm not really comfortable "wasting" two drafts in a row. I think Saku could be the type of 2nd line centre San Jose could appreciate. I'll take a wild guess: maybe Koivu's rights (or Koivu signed) + Andrei Kostitsyn. Don't know if it's worth it.

Havlat really loves it in Chicago. If we could get him, great, but I don't think we could. Since Gainey apparently has Koivu as a higher priority then Kovalev, maybe the fish he's trying to land is a winger (Heatley, Havlat). Or maybe a sign and trade with SJ. :)

If NYI chooses Hedman - and it seems like all the reports are sliding in that direction - Tampa is likely to trade their pick or Vinny. (Think about it, how are they going to develop both Stamkos and Tavares if Vinny is locked in with his NMC? One of the three "needs" to go for a D.)

I do think Gainey is trying to haul in Vinny but I don't think he's willing to trade Markov. The news that none of the forwards have received contracts yet makes it clear that Gainey is after a 1st line forward. I'm not sure what kind of a package we could make for a guy like Vinny though. They'd want at least one of Subban & McDonagh and then a combination of guys like Plekanec, Higgins & Gorges that we heard earlier in the year.

As for Marleau, he's a huuuge upgrade over Koivu, and he gives us another 7 or 8 years of breathing room to draft that top C of the future. But what could we trade? Our 1st again? After using our last 1st on Tanguay, I'm not really comfortable "wasting" two drafts in a row. I think Saku could be the type of 2nd line centre San Jose could appreciate. I'll take a wild guess: maybe Koivu's rights (or Koivu signed) + Andrei Kostitsyn. Don't know if it's worth it.

Havlat really loves it in Chicago. If we could get him, great, but I don't think we could. Since Gainey apparently has Koivu as a higher priority then Kovalev, maybe the fish he's trying to land is a winger (Heatley, Havlat). Or maybe a sign and trade with SJ. :)

You're almost certainly right that landing Vinny would require us to give up either Markov or Subban +. I LOOOVE Subban and can't wait for him to be a habs - he'd bring a swagger and a spiritedness we haven't seen since the glory days of Chelios, and phenomenally exciting offensive gifts - so this would be a big disappointment to me (although I'd certainly enjoy having Lecavalier).

Give me Marleau instead. I too dislike trading 1st-round picks; BUT in both Tanguay and Marleau we have youngish players who should be elite for years to come...so I'd probably bite the bullet given the dire need and centre and the uncertainties involved in #1 picks when they're not in the top 10.

The chances of getting a Marleau out of our 1st-round pick are near nothing. I'd make the trade in a heartbeat. Can't see why they would want Koivu as his replacement, though, seeing as Marleau is better down the line. Maybe Plex has more appeal to them.

Don't trade Markov.

Don't trade Subban.

You're almost certainly right that landing Vinny would require us to give up either Markov or Subban +. I LOOOVE Subban and can't wait for him to be a habs - he'd bring a swagger and a spiritedness we haven't seen since the glory days of Chelios, and phenomenally exciting offensive gifts - so this would be a big disappointment to me (although I'd certainly enjoy having Lecavalier).

Give me Marleau instead. I too dislike trading 1st-round picks; BUT in both Tanguay and Marleau we have youngish players who should be elite for years to come...so I'd probably bite the bullet given the dire need and centre and the uncertainties involved in #1 picks when they're not in the top 10.

Na, I think if the Bolts do trade Lecav, it will be to save BIG money.

Markov makes too much dough to be interesting for them.

And that's aside from Bob's presumed unwillingness to trade Markov. I'm pretty sure that Bob has labelled Markov as his most untouchable skater.

I'm bored waiting for the draft. Methinks we should sign UFAs Brashear, May, Deveaux, Koci, McGrattan and trade for Carcillo. Habs Street Bullies.

I'm bored waiting for the draft. Methinks we should sign UFAs Brashear, May, Deveaux, Koci, McGrattan and trade for Carcillo. Habs Street Bullies.

then we could just beat everybody up. I like it. :clap:

Apparently the parameters for a Heatley trade is one roster player (not necessarily top 3) and a prospect/roster pick.

We can do that...

Well, if the rumor about Jack Johnson + 1rst pick is true, I don't think we can ever match this offer though.

Apparently the parameters for a Heatley trade is one roster player (not necessarily top 3) and a prospect/roster pick.

We can do that...

We aren't on his list of teams he would accept a trade to.

Boston offers Kessel and a draft pick for Kaberle? Id do that in a heartbeat if I were the Leafs.

apparently the deal is off due to "miscommunication" :P.

LaPresse has it that the Sedins, who are stalled in negotiations with the Canuckleheads, would 'consider' Montreal as UFAs:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...er-montreal.php

This article seems to be reading in a bit. It's highly unlikely that their agent will say that they're not interested in playing anywhere but Vancouver, for instance. Nonetheless, there have also been murmurings about Montreal in the Vancouver media, so this may not be total fantasy. They are used to high-pressure Canadian markets and the Habs will have more unassigned dollars than almost (?) any other franchise - we can *assume* they won't be interested in going to lose in Toronto - so this might be our 'big splash.'

It would, of course, represent a massive upgrade at forward (two PPG players is two more than we have now!). Many of the fans won't be happy, but as the Leblanc pick shows, a good chunk of fans are NEVER happy, so bugger 'em! :hlogo: