Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

has anyone else been following the theo fleury thing?

while I don't think he should be a top priority signing, if we can't find anything else I would take a look at him. I wouldn't be expecting him to play top 6 minutes or anything, but he could help some of our smaller forwards learn to play bigger than their size.

Just a thought.

washed up senior hockey players are not needed thank you :hlogo:

we just got rid of a bunch of them and they were all better than theo

Edited by habs rule

has anyone else been following the theo fleury thing?

while I don't think he should be a top priority signing, if we can't find anything else I would take a look at him. I wouldn't be expecting him to play top 6 minutes or anything, but he could help some of our smaller forwards learn to play bigger than their size..... they are lol

Just a thought.

thought about it... but man were small already.... the jokes would be endless.....

This must mean it's pretty much official, but I'll post it in the rumor thread anyways... Greg Stewart has finally inked a deal. $500,000 (league minimum) and it's a two-way contract. As per the incredibly accurate http://www.capgeek.com/

Chipchura got a one way deal, but Stewart got a two way deal. I assume that's why it took so long for Stewart to sign... he wanted the one way deal.

I've worked a lot with Matt (the one who runs that site) over the last couple of months. If he's saying it's a confirmed deal (note there's no grey background), I'm inclined to believe him. I've also heard from another contact that the deal is done, though the announcement may be several days away.

I've put an article on the site saying the deal is all but signed and adjusted the cap projections accordingly.

I've worked a lot with Matt (the one who runs that site) over the last couple of months. If he's saying it's a confirmed deal (note there's no grey background), I'm inclined to believe him. I've also heard from another contact that the deal is done, though the announcement may be several days away.

I've put an article on the site saying the deal is all but signed and adjusted the cap projections accordingly.

Deal is now official, not really new thread worthy so I'll note it here. http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/280117.html

What's with all the Frolov rumors? I honestly don't know much about him. If you beleive the rumors it will take both Kosty brothers to get him and Cammalarri highly recommended him.

I know he is a RH shot, relatively young.

What's with all the Frolov rumors? I honestly don't know much about him. If you beleive the rumors it will take both Kosty brothers to get him and Cammalarri highly recommended him.

Some website dreamed up a three way trade for Frolov (and admitted it was pulled out of thin air), and for some reason, the rumor has persisted, mainly due to Ecklund's site continuing to pimp the idea.

What is interesting about that rumour is that back in LA, Cammalleri centered the line with Frolov. Cammalleri signed here supposedly as a LW, as he seemed ill-suited to the defensive responsibilities that come with playing C, plus he's a shooter that likes to rip those Hull-like one-timers off one knee.

All that being said, I don't expect any changes before camp. The lineup looks pretty solid, there is some competition for spots, and there will even be a little bit of cap flexibility, so unless some offer comes up that blows Gainey out of the water I can't see anymore change for change's sake.

This must mean it's pretty much official, but I'll post it in the rumor thread anyways... Greg Stewart has finally inked a deal. $500,000 (league minimum) and it's a two-way contract. As per the incredibly accurate http://www.capgeek.com/

Chipchura got a one way deal, but Stewart got a two way deal. I assume that's why it took so long for Stewart to sign... he wanted the one way deal.

And Like I posted elsewhere I can only blame his agent for the blindness... Thank Goodness (FOR YOUR SAKE) you woke up!!! Cause you just made it more difficult for my man Henry to make the team

Despite what everyone's good friend Eklund posted earlier saying that Fernandez to Montreal is gaining steam, Radio-Canada reports otherwise:

Oubliez l'obscure rumeur émanant de la Nouvelle-Angleterre qui envoie le gardien Manny Fernandez à Montréal.

Le principal intéressé a confirmé à Radio-Canada Sports qu'il n'avait parlé à personne du Canadien.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/hockey/2...dez-lundi.shtml

The only reason we'd get Fernandez is if Halak or Price were traded.... and Price ain't getting traded by Bob. The trade market for goalies is abysmal... why would a team trade for Halak when they could sign Fernandez just like Bob is doing? Yeah, he's young and could be good, but with liberalized free agency the fact is you can get good goalies on the cheap in the UFA market that can play a lot of NHL games.

Caught me by suprise, but I must admit it looks good on him and he does look happy :)

(I know it's an EA sports jersy ;) )

Edited by Habitforming

Quick note since his name was mentioned in here a few times, but anyone who was hoping for Mike Grier to join the Habs will be disappointed. He signed a 1 year deal in Buffalo today.

Im glad he signed elsewhere, as the Habs do not need another 3rd or 4th liner.

Caught me by suprise, but I must admit it looks good on him and he does look happy :)

Looks happy there. What happens when he is wearing the scum uni and Moen knocks him into a coma? Death right around the corner for that ho.

Glad to see the Prospal rumours dying.

(I know it's an EA sports jersy ;) )

there really is no need for manny fernandez. curtis sanford and desjardins can handle the ahl load, with perhaps loic lacasse making a push.habs seem pretty well set for better or worse.if the new players and the new lines gell quickly, then the habs could surprise. as it stands now, i really think they can push the bruins for the top spot. c'mon now, can tim thomas stand on his head 2 years in a row. and remember kessell is out till december. leafs are big and tough, but anemic on offense, and i just don't see ottawa or the sabres really rising.gainey just might make it thru this season in grand style.habs have gotta try to stay healthy throughout.

there really is no need for manny fernandez. curtis sanford and desjardins can handle the ahl load, with perhaps loic lacasse making a push.

Lacasse was released at the end of June and stands no chance of getting an NHL deal in the future - I'll be shocked to see him sign anything higher than an ECHL deal. The depth chart beyond the Habs in terms of signed goalies is Sanford/Desjardins/Mayer.

Regarding Kessel... could the Bruins be holding out on signing him because he's injured and they need cap space to fit him in? Just a thought. What I mean is, when December 1 rolls around, I wouldn't be surprised to see him suddenly signed to a long term contract by Boston. I think Dec. 1 is the deadline for signing RFA's, but I'm not 100% on that. Since he may not be healthy even by that point, Boston has no impetus to sign him now. Kessel does, though, since he'd get paid for the 2 months he was injured. But it'd give Boston some time to save some cap space and figure out what moves they'll need to make to fit him in.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my butt here.

Regarding Kessel... could the Bruins be holding out on signing him because he's injured and they need cap space to fit him in? Just a thought. What I mean is, when December 1 rolls around, I wouldn't be surprised to see him suddenly signed to a long term contract by Boston. I think Dec. 1 is the deadline for signing RFA's, but I'm not 100% on that. Since he may not be healthy even by that point, Boston has no impetus to sign him now. Kessel does, though, since he'd get paid for the 2 months he was injured. But it'd give Boston some time to save some cap space and figure out what moves they'll need to make to fit him in.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my butt here.

for sure, what better way to buy time than rest on an injury?!

Bouillon signed with the Rangers.

Not yet he hasn't. No release from the Rangers yet...Bouillon himself said yesterday that "it was news to him" that he was about to sign there. I think he will wind up there, but it's not done yet.