Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

well, it just must be true right? he's never wrong, is he? :lol:

Well it’s not that he is never wrong, with a 3% confirmed rumor rating . Being wrong 97% of the time only means his “ sources “ might be the problem, or not. Remember, if you put enough rumors out there one has to get something right. My favourite was from last summer, I think he has all areas covered in this one. The question would be, is this part of the 3%

Big Deal Imminent (E4)

There's a rumor - a big rumor - that a team from the western conference is seriously looking at an offer with at least one team from the east. I cant reveal any names right now, but its a big one. Most likely the deal will happen within the week, but it could take a month or even after the summer. Again, I don’t know if its likely or not but I do know it will be big.

Well it’s not that he is never wrong, with a 3% confirmed rumor rating . Being wrong 97% of the time only means his “ sources “ might be the problem, or not. Remember, if you put enough rumors out there one has to get something right. My favourite was from last summer, I think he has all areas covered in this one. The question would be, is this part of the 3%

Big Deal Imminent (E4)

There's a rumor - a big rumor - that a team from the western conference is seriously looking at an offer with at least one team from the east. I cant reveal any names right now, but its a big one. Most likely the deal will happen within the week, but it could take a month or even after the summer. Again, I don’t know if its likely or not but I do know it will be big.

Well power to him. Sooner or later, he was right. :clap:

Big Deal Imminent (E4)

There's a rumor - a big rumor - that a team from the western conference is seriously looking at an offer with at least one team from the east. I cant reveal any names right now, but its a big one. Most likely the deal will happen within the week, but it could take a month or even after the summer.

Again, I don’t know if its likely or not but I do know it will be big.

HA HA HA HA HA How far can you push your luck ? :lol:

Edit : Officialy my new Facebook status !!!

Edited by JoeLassister

There still seems to be ongoing talk of a three way trade between San Jose, Ottawa and Montreal, with San Jose still trying to land Heatley. Ekland is saying that Montreal would get a defenseman from Ottawa, Brian Lee [recent 1st round draft pick], and Cheecho and Ehrhof from San Jose.

If this is true and Plakanec is part of the deal, then we're losing our 2nd line centre who had 20 goals and 19 assists. Chechoo is a right wing and had 12 goals and 17 assists, so it seems to me that Pavelski from San Jose would be the better choice so he could centre our 2nd line....25 goals and 34 assists? The only problem is that he's not very big....5'11". Would this be a good move??

There still seems to be ongoing talk of a three way trade between San Jose, Ottawa and Montreal, with San Jose still trying to land Heatley. Ekland is saying that Montreal would get a defenseman from Ottawa, Brian Lee [recent 1st round draft pick], and Cheecho and Ehrhof from San Jose.

If this is true and Plakanec is part of the deal, then we're losing our 2nd line centre who had 20 goals and 19 assists. Chechoo is a right wing and had 12 goals and 17 assists, so it seems to me that Pavelski from San Jose would be the better choice so he could centre our 2nd line....25 goals and 34 assists? The only problem is that he's not very big....5'11". Would this be a good move??

Don't forget Cammalleri can play C, and is by far the team's best faceoff man. Pavelski is highly regarded in SJ and signed somewhat cheap, he'd be quite difficult to get.

Assuming this is legit (and I highly doubt it), let's look at the $$ aspect:

Cheechoo: 3.0 mil + Ehrhoff: 3.1 mil + Lee: 1.275 mil (inc. $425k bonuses) = $7.375 mil incoming

The Habs have somewhere between $200 and $600 K in raw cap space (assuming they don't want to get into the bonus cushion - it'd be a death wish I think if they did). It means $7 mil has to be traded to get it done. I don't see where it works. Sure, Hamrlik could go, but wouldn't Ottawa prefer Ehrhoff to him anyways?

Now, Lee can go to the AHL without waivers, so the incoming cap hit could drop to $6.1 mil. Take out Plekanec's $2.75 M and there's still $3 mil or so to go. I've said since day 1 and I'll note it again with regards to this rumour with Cheechoo coming - I don't see a financial fit, particularly since all 3 teams are either really close to the cap (MTL), will be over when the roster fills out (SJ), or technically are over now (OTT). Someone's gotta drop several million in salary here, and none of these teams can assume it.

There, that was enough of a distraction from my HWL contract stuff...

San Jose are doomed and over managed by Anahein, Detroit, Vancouver they should take

L.A way and go nowhere.

The only possible way i see a trade between SJ and OTT would be Thornton for

Heatley and Lee.

And any 3 somes turns out bad since you put some thought into it.

THIS JUST IN. the habs will make a trade with 1 or more of the other 29 teams within the next 50 years. this is an absolutely guaranteed e5 ok maybe e4 not 100% sure. :lol:

This doesn't signify there will be a trade at all.

The coach of the team is quoted as saying "last year their was a lack of toughness and leadership among the leaders of the team" and he wants to see who will step up to be leaders of the team. It seems to me before signing a Marleau for leadership you had better do some additional vetting of this player.

I wanted Marleau as a replacement for Koivu two years ago. I no longer want him particularly, not with the way the salary on this team is now structured. We are overpaying significantly for three key players (Gomez, Gionta, Hamrlik); that's enough. If Marleau *does* materialize wearing a Habs jersey, it will likely be in the second half some time - after Bob has decided he isn't satisfied with the current squad (which hopefully won't happen) - or else next offseason as a Pleks replacement or somesuch. I just can't see Bob taking on massive salary any time in the near future. He will surely wait to see how this exciting new squad shapes up.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I wonder if Marleau prefers not to waive his no-trade clause and this is a way of making it uncomfortable so that he may consider it.

I really haven't been following the whole situation over in San Jose, so these thoughts are merely musings.

I wonder if Marleau prefers not to waive his no-trade clause and this is a way of making it uncomfortable so that he may consider it.

I really haven't been following the whole situation over in San Jose, so these thoughts are merely musings.

If you drop the C out of a guy you clearly lower his value. I dont think the move wouldve been done had the Sharks planned to trade him.

If Sundin decides to play another season, would he be worth picking up if you can get him for 4 million? I think I'd do it. Add some size to our second line, and to the 2nd pp unit.

If Sundin decides to play another season, would he be worth picking up if you can get him for 4 million? I think I'd do it. Add some size to our second line, and to the 2nd pp unit.

I don't think we have 4 million to sign him with though.....

we don't need or want grampa big lovable dumm swede for anything except maybe to fill in for youpi if he gets sick

He had his chance. He chose to waste Vancouver's money instead. F*ck him.

:clap:

we don't need that kinda of distraction. although we could use everything else he brings.

• 2 weeks later...