Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Why? Why not sell high?

Yes, trading him to some team looking to gut themselves for a rental and getting excellent value back could be an option. I'm talking about just watching him walk, like Streit, Komi, etc..

Yeah, just what we need, a guys who was an even worse partier than all the kids we have now. I can see Price and Chipchura naked snorting coke off a dead hooker's pu$$y while car surfing on a stolen army tank down Ste-Catherine and going out of their way to drive over as many cute white kittens as possible... just to impress Chelly.

chelly was a partier I do not think that is the case now. As a matter of fact he is one the best conditioned athletes in the NHL. Maybe he could help us with conditioning, but really he is a machine. And not a party animal anymore.

The problem with Pleks is when the going gets tough, he vanishes. He'll get 4 mill on the open market. He needs to be moved for the best pick you can get.

The habs need a winger to split up the big line, Cammi with a good winger and decent centre brings more to the table then the current 2nd line. They won't be able to afford a top 6 winger and Pleks.

The kosty brothers IMO are on life support currently, if they can get a top 6 guy for both, then do it. AK46 has been invisible.

Chlios? Come on, this isn't the mid 90's.

Nobody's been talking so far about moving Cammalleri to C. I know he prefers to play the wing, but at some point it may become a necessity.

Pleks, sign him or trade him, I don't care, but he'd BETTER NOT GET AWAY FOR NOTHING. Period.

Nobody's been talking so far about moving Cammalleri to C. I know he prefers to play the wing, but at some point it may become a necessity.

Pleks, sign him or trade him, I don't care, but he'd BETTER NOT GET AWAY FOR NOTHING. Period.

But the way the team has played we need a seriously constant Top LW... if Kosty or Pacio or LAts emerge (JUST ONE) to first line material then it would make it so so ohh so(crying) much more easier!!!! imagine for a second we have AK super star then this could happen:

Ak-Gomer-Gionta

Lats-Cam-Lapierre

Pacioretty-Plek-D'agos

Moen-Metro-Laraque

I'd ice him over Bergeron, Hill O'Byrne and probably a couple others. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in great reading of the ice, control and calmness in his own zone. ALso would be able to wear the C for his final year here. Great guy in the playoffs. If he could be had for the Markov LTI cap space, take him asap.

Chelios played 35 games last season and 6 playoff games. He's a 7th-8th defenceman now. I prefer the guys we have.

The site i read it on said it was RDS or something. They put the link on it there. I was reading the Eric Engels article and a poster put the link there.

I don't know it's true.

If it's true, it's a good move given tight cap space. I like Laraque, but he's not worth his contract, especially now that our team seems to have more character (Gionta, Cammy) and more general toughness (Moen, Gill, Mara, even Chips comported himself nicely in that tilt). I'd rather we re-up Bergeron with that money, or it be used to pay off Plek's future contract, or whatever. Lots of better uses for 1.5 mil in a cap system.

Rumor has it Laraque was waived today according to a french outlet. I got that from another site i was reading this morning.

If this is true then I think it must be to create cap space to make a trade. Maybe SK is going somewhere.

If this is true then I think it must be to create cap space to make a trade. Maybe SK is going somewhere.

can bgl be sent to the minors. I know he has some trade clauses in his contract but not sure if he has a no movement type clause. maybe dlblair can answer that one.

can bgl be sent to the minors. I know he has some trade clauses in his contract but not sure if he has a no movement type clause. maybe dlblair can answer that one.

Sounds as if the report was fake, but yes, he could be sent down as he does not have a full no movement clause if he were to clear waivers.

There's rumours floating right now (came from a Montreal Radio Station) about Price to Chicago for Huet and Toews. They are false rumours! RDS has debunked them.

La Presse: François Gagnon / Price à Chicago : c’est faux!

Just thought I'd post this in advance of anyone sending in a rumour on this. Pure garbage.

There's rumours floating right now (came from a Montreal Radio Station) about Price to Chicago for Huet and Toews. They are false rumours! RDS has debunked them.

La Presse: François Gagnon / Price à Chicago : c’est faux!

Just thought I'd post this in advance of anyone sending in a rumour on this. Pure garbage.

yeah, that is bunk in so many ways.

Huet!! :lol::lol::lol:

On the other hand, I don't think we can take for granted that Price will stay here long term. He's had to eat a LOT of crap in his time here - yes, he's also been heavily supported by the GM, but my point is that *he* might be more inclined to take note of the bad than the good - and might prove keenly interested in trying greener pastures once he's a UFA.

From that standpoint I don't think a Price trade should be out of the question in the medium term. It would depend on how much enthusiasm for Montreal the Habs' brass detects in the young fella. We, and more importantly Gainey, will have a better sense once he negotiates his RFA deal.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Go on Pancho Gagnon! Do say what station!

Good to see that Francois Gagnon has taken the task of calling out the false rumor makers! that makes two times in the past week

The new rumor is Price for Luongo... .

I would probably do that and I could see Vancouver wanting Price.. I could see Price wanting to go to Vancouver to play... what I don't see is the GMs having the guts to pull the trigger on it.

I would trade Price for Huet and Toews in a heartbeat... In fact, I would trade him for Toews.