Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I really don't want Hemsky or Moreau. The only safe oiler to pick up is Gagner and I doubt if he is available.

We really need to sign Pleks - the guy does it all for us, PP, PK, 5-5 he has been our best player. We NEED to sign him, not trade him to the WORST team in the leauge unless we are getting Edmonton's #1 in return.

I really don't want Hemsky or Moreau. The only safe oiler to pick up is Gagner and I doubt if he is available.

We really need to sign Pleks - the guy does it all for us, PP, PK, 5-5 he has been our best player. We NEED to sign him, not trade him to the WORST team in the leauge unless we are getting Edmonton's #1 in return.

he might not what to sign and if so we MUST TRADE HIM.................

i think we would what Patrick O'Sullivan..not sure if he played with Cammalleri in La

Not sure. I'm sure that Cammy said he had good years with Derek Armstrong though.

he might not what to sign and if so we MUST TRADE HIM.................

How hard have the Habs tried??? If I'm Gainey, I'd be working my ass of trying to get him signed before the Olympic break. Deal with the salary cap over the summer, you can always try and move Hammer or another Dman. We are overpaying for a very average D as it is.

After the Olympics and the closer he is to free agency, the more it makes sense for Pleks to test the market. We need this guy.

I've seen a lot of games with Hemsky and the guy doesn't shoot, over passes and just is not a very consistent player. Take a way last year and Pleks has been a solid, hard working, never quit type of player. He also has great chemistry with Cammy and AK46, lets for once sign our OWN home grown talent long term. The only other guy the habs developed and signed long term is Markov and that is just ridiciolous for a team that was supposed to be so deep with young talent.

If after a solid REAL effort to get him signed, if he doesn't sign, you have to move him. But the habs CAN NOT risk waiting until July 1 and getting nothing for Pleks, if that happens Gainey should be fired, tarred and feathered and run out of town - I won't give a damn what he did as a habs great, if we either don't sign Plex or get full value for him!

How hard have the Habs tried??? If I'm Gainey, I'd be working my ass of trying to get him signed before the Olympic break. Deal with the salary cap over the summer, you can always try and move Hammer or another Dman. We are overpaying for a very average D as it is.

After the Olympics and the closer he is to free agency, the more it makes sense for Pleks to test the market. We need this guy.

I've seen a lot of games with Hemsky and the guy doesn't shoot, over passes and just is not a very consistent player. Take a way last year and Pleks has been a solid, hard working, never quit type of player. He also has great chemistry with Cammy and AK46, lets for once sign our OWN home grown talent long term. The only other guy the habs developed and signed long term is Markov and that is just ridiciolous for a team that was supposed to be so deep with young talent.

If after a solid REAL effort to get him signed, if he doesn't sign, you have to move him. But the habs CAN NOT risk waiting until July 1 and getting nothing for Pleks, if that happens Gainey should be fired, tarred and feathered and run out of town - I won't give a damn what he did as a habs great, if we either don't sign Plex or get full value for him!

I agree, but I hope it's for reasonable cash.

Boy, if the Habs could get Hemsky, that'd be all right by me. He's a PPG player (albeit one with some 'issues'). Of course, I have no idea what his cap hit'd be. O'Sullivan seems a more realistic fit. If the habs move Pleks and/or Halak, they *must* get young talent back.

And if they move Halak, they're basically throwing in the towel on the season.

Boy, if the Habs could get Hemsky, that'd be all right by me. He's a PPG player (albeit one with some 'issues'). Of course, I have no idea what his cap hit'd be. O'Sullivan seems a more realistic fit. If the habs move Pleks and/or Halak, they *must* get young talent back.

And if they move Halak, they're basically throwing in the towel on the season.

Hemsky is around a $4M+ cap hit for another 3 years. He has been a yo-yo player - a 70+ point season followed by a 50/60+ point season. Has the soft label and would add to the long list of habs that don't show up every night. The oilers have been waiting for him to break out into a 85-90 point player since the lockout.

There is absolutely NO REASON to trade Halak or Price right now. BOth are RFA's. Unless someone is willing to offer some very SOLID players/picks in return (i.e. Jeff Carter, Edm 1st round pick, Penner, Ryan - and none of these are going to happen!!), make a move in the summer or let them continue battling next year.

There is absolutely NO REASON to trade Halak or Price right now. BOth are RFA's. Unless someone is willing to offer some very SOLID players/picks in return (i.e. Jeff Carter, Edm 1st round pick, Penner, Ryan - and none of these are going to happen!!), make a move in the summer or let them continue battling next year.

I would like to keep Halak and Price. However, Halak has indicated he doesn't want to continue splitting duties. Since he has the option of going to the KHL we may be forced to trade him.

Edited by Peter Puck

I would like to keep Halak and Price. However, Halak has indicated he doesn't want to continue splitting duties. Since he has the option of going to the KHL we may be forced to trade him.

The KHL option is SPECULATION not fact!

He didn't say he didn't want to continue splitting duties. WHat he was upset about was sitting for long stretches when Price would get the starts. He wanted a shot to be a starter, which since he made those statments, he is finally getting an oppertunity. ALthough, he still doesn't get a chance to start after a loss as often as Price has historically gotten. Tonight was one of those exceptions.

Hemsky is around a $4M+ cap hit for another 3 years. He has been a yo-yo player - a 70+ point season followed by a 50/60+ point season. Has the soft label and would add to the long list of habs that don't show up every night. The oilers have been waiting for him to break out into a 85-90 point player since the lockout.

I agree that there's no need to trade either goalie.

Having said that, Hemsky would be great value back for Halak and if you think we will EVER get more than that for him, I believe you're dreaming. Far from being a yo-yo, he had 71 points in 74 games two years ago and 66 points in 72 games the following season. That's close to a PPG pace two years running - more consistent than Pleks, in fact. (And infinitely more consistent than Penner). He is also 26 - right at the classic point where good young players typically begin to put it all together - and good cap value for a player with those skills. He does have a rep as being soft. Nobody's perfect. If indeed he is in play, then that's because Edmonton has gotten frustrated with his failure to meet their extravagant expectations. Were we to acquire him in the belief that he is a solid top-3 forward and a sure-fire productive top-6, not a franchise player or a dominant one, I doubt we'd share their frustration. It would be a classic case of scooping up a player on the cusp of his prime that a city has given up on for reasons of fatigue alone. Kinda like Dallas did with Ribeiro.

To me the only real red flag is that he's injury-prone.

However, I don't believe that he *is* in play, so this is all probably moot. But geez, if you demand more than *that* in return for Halak then you will not be pleased with any eventual decision the Habs make regarding him.

I agree that there's no need to trade either goalie.

Having said that, Hemsky would be great value back for Halak and if you think we will EVER get more than that for him, I believe you're dreaming. Far from being a yo-yo, he had 71 points in 74 games two years ago and 66 points in 72 games the following season. That's close to a PPG pace two years running - more consistent than Pleks, in fact. (And infinitely more consistent than Penner). He is also 26 - right at the classic point where good young players typically begin to put it all together - and good cap value for a player with those skills. He does have a rep as being soft. Nobody's perfect. If indeed he is in play, then that's because Edmonton has gotten frustrated with his failure to meet their extravagant expectations. Were we to acquire him in the belief that he is a solid top-3 forward and a sure-fire productive top-6, not a franchise player or a dominant one, I doubt we'd share their frustration. It would be a classic case of scooping up a player on the cusp of his prime that a city has given up on for reasons of fatigue alone. Kinda like Dallas did with Ribeiro.

To me the only real red flag is that he's injury-prone.

However, I don't believe that he *is* in play, so this is all probably moot. But geez, if you demand more than *that* in return for Halak then you will not be pleased with any eventual decision the Habs make regarding him.

Personally, I'd like to wait until next year and *HOPE* that someone will try and sign him to an offer sheet over the summer. That would be a quick way to get decent draft picks for him. I doubt if we are going to get Hemsky, or even Cogliano for Halak alone, it would have to be a package deal. I've got too many Edmonton friends who do nothing but curse Hemsky and see a lot of him in Calgary to want him. 3 years ago, I really thought he was going to break out into an elite player, but he just can't seem to take the next step. Maybe a change would help. But if there's a chance to sign Pleks for around $4.5M (long term front loaded deal), I'd rather have him over Hemsky.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Yeah, just like that one :

Sources tell me that a deal will happen someday between two teams in the NHL, this deal will see players exchanged from one team to the other and one of the team will get a defensive player while the other team will get a more offense focused one. My source tells me that this deal could happen at any moment soon, but if it doesn't happen in the next day or so, it just might not happen at all.

GUYS STOP PAYING THAT GUY. YOUR TIME, YOUR ATTENTION, YOUR CLICKS ON HIS PAGE IS PAYING THIS GUY, HE'S GETTING RICH ON YOUR BACKS, STOP, PLEASE STOP!! (yes I'm just jealous, but I also think he's no better than Maddof!)

Moreau would bring some toughness up front, especially on a line with Cammalleri and A. Kostitsyn. If we're going to lose Plekanec (via trade or free agency), I'd like to see some grit added to Montreal's top two lines & some scoring punch on the third. Here's what I'm thinking:

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta

Moreau-Cammalleri-A. Kostitsyn

S. Kostitsyn-Cogliano-Moen

White-Pyatt-Lapierre

This would also give us some breathing room - $3M+ (minus all the UFA's we don't sign; Metropolit, Mara, Bergeron). I see Carle joining the team in 2010-11, while players like Pacioretty, Maxwell, Weber & Subban will challenge to make the team.

:puke: at repacing plek by moreau

:lol:

The KHL option is SPECULATION not fact!

He didn't say he didn't want to continue splitting duties. WHat he was upset about was sitting for long stretches when Price would get the starts. He wanted a shot to be a starter, which since he made those statments, he is finally getting an oppertunity. ALthough, he still doesn't get a chance to start after a loss as often as Price has historically gotten. Tonight was one of those exceptions.

I agree it is speculation on our part. However that does not mean it is not a fact.

Whether Halak is willing to stay and continue sharing the goal is something the Habs need to find out. If Halak tells them he would rather go to the KHL then they pretty much have to trade him.

I agree it is speculation on our part. However that does not mean it is not a fact.

Whether Halak is willing to stay and continue sharing the goal is something the Habs need to find out. If Halak tells them he would rather go to the KHL then they pretty much have to trade him.

For what it's worth, on local radio, P.J. Stock said he knows the Halak group, and the KHL option is extremely possible. Now feel free to question Stock, but I'd listen to him before a moron like Darren Dreger. Stock got paid to play, had an agent, has relationships in hockey. Hey, just trying to add to the discussion.

For what it's worth, on local radio, P.J. Stock said he knows the Halak group, and the KHL option is extremely possible. Now feel free to question Stock, but I'd listen to him before a moron like Darren Dreger. Stock got paid to play, had an agent, has relationships in hockey. Hey, just trying to add to the discussion.

KHL is possible for EVERY european.

Playing in corrupt USA or corrupt rUSsiA is just the same to them. They are far from "home sweet home" and both leagues have nothing to do with international tournament.

They haven't grown up like us, watching the habs 3 times a week.

They were lucky when they could get the feed of a NHL game.

I'm not talking about guys like Kovalev who are now more North American than most of them.

I'm talking about "most" european players.

I think Halak could fall in this "most" category. He'd be a clear cut starter over there, surely earning something like 3-4M (if Hudler gets 4M, I can't see why Halak wouldn't get it too)

Yeah, just like that one :

Sources tell me that a deal will happen someday between two teams in the NHL, this deal will see players exchanged from one team to the other and one of the team will get a defensive player while the other team will get a more offense focused one. My source tells me that this deal could happen at any moment soon, but if it doesn't happen in the next day or so, it just might not happen at all.

GUYS STOP PAYING THAT GUY. YOUR TIME, YOUR ATTENTION, YOUR CLICKS ON HIS PAGE IS PAYING THIS GUY, HE'S GETTING RICH ON YOUR BACKS, STOP, PLEASE STOP!! (yes I'm just jealous, but I also think he's no better than Maddof!)

:puke: at repacing plek by moreau

:lol:

why...this is a rumor thead and its fun to talk to other habs fans about rumor that on the net..you understand what a rumor is..of course most rumor dont come true...

a) camm will play wing on the habs... forget anyone penciling him in at C

b) if we did trade with EDM im almost positive 2 of brule / gagner and cogliano would be on the way... iwould loveeee eberle but that's wishful thinking if not there #1 pick although they might want to lottery protect it. ethan moreau??? no thanks... maybe brendan morrow from dallas!!

c) hemsky would be a sideways move!!.

d) SK is not going anywhere and that includes the KHL. he will flourish over the next 20 games given huge responsibilities and a sense of worth playing on the top line with no leash!!

e)PRICE NEEDS HALAK... hopefully halak stays and mtl continues to give him the starts convincing him to sign on 1 more year giving price 2 more years developing as his back up.. if he unsurps him then eevryone's happy and we make the right decision...

f)subban is a habs next year.... he wont be fighting anyone for a spot....

g) carle's shoulder is a big question mark going into next season and forget maxwell, weber

on a final note: as everyone questions our depth i continue with a little hope.... we have had considerable injuries all season and yet as of today we are in 7TH mind you with more games played. with that said maybe we do have some depth upfront.......

Not Edmonton, look to Dallas.

Price Sk and Lapierre for Ott and Benn.

Clutterbuck ran 2 Dallas players and Ott beat the heck out him 2 times for doing so. That's what the habs need pronto.

Not Edmonton, look to Dallas.

Price Sk and Lapierre for Ott and Benn.

Clutterbuck ran 2 Dallas players and Ott beat the heck out him 2 times for doing so. That's what the habs need pronto.

holy sh*T!!! i dont want u as my GM!

no morrow? or neal? price alone is worth more on the market then ott and benn on potential alone... and Sk's ceiling for a career 3rd liner (a helluva good one but a 3rd liner none the same) as well as you throwing in laps a young 3rd line center to??

i dont care what anyone says the team who gets the best player always wins the trade... out of our roster moving forward we should look to move our spares in a package.... anyone of d'agostini, lapierre ,darche, MAB, metro, mara, spacek, weber and any AHL er not named subban, trott's or pacioretty for 1 major piece who is signed on to a contract already!!...

plex can be moved if we cant resign him prior to the deadline but WE must destroy in that deal..... plex for ott a good young rookie/sophmore nhl prospect and there #1 or maybe 2nd is much better then the deal stated above and im being kind considering the deals i,ve seen in the past on dealine day for ufa rentals!.

are we dreaming??? if burke can dump blake and toskala for giguere and put to gether basically white and hagman for dion then im sure gainey can work something out with the above mentioned players!

why...this is a rumor thead and its fun to talk to other habs fans about rumor that on the net..you understand what a rumor is..of course most rumor dont come true...

cause I have no respect whatsoever for the guy, he is totally lying, flat out lies.

He pretends that he has sources and that those are legitimate rumours.

If you want to post rumours, post Larry Brooks, Al Sscratachacahahan, post Spector, they are at least journalists or have some sense of ethic and self respect.

What Eklund does is called "proposals" or "speculations" on message boards and people get BASHED badly if they do not pinpoint it as such.

I would respect Eklund a bit more if he was saying :

With the injury to Habs' Cammalleri, I believe that the Habs could be in the hunt for a temporary fix.

Instead this mother######er says :

My sources tell me that the Habs are closely looking at [name a player]. This is happening today or tomorrow (e4)

and that, I have no no no no respect for it and it just pisses me off, cause by doing so, he's laughing at our collective asses. Worst thing is that some newbie do not know him, fall on his site, and believe him as legit. AND HE MAKES LOTS OF MONEY OUT OF IT. Money out of a fraud.

cause I have no respect whatsoever for the guy, he is totally lying, flat out lies.

He pretends that he has sources and that those are legitimate rumours.

If you want to post rumours, post Larry Brooks, Al Sscratachacahahan, post Spector, they are at least journalists or have some sense of ethic and self respect.

What Eklund does is called "proposals" or "speculations" on message boards and people get BASHED badly if they do not pinpoint it as such.

I would respect Eklund a bit more if he was saying :

With the injury to Habs' Cammalleri, I believe that the Habs could be in the hunt for a temporary fix.

Instead this mother######er says :

My sources tell me that the Habs are closely looking at [name a player]. This is happening today or tomorrow (e4)

and that, I have no no no no respect for it and it just pisses me off, cause by doing so, he's laughing at our collective asses. Worst thing is that some newbie do not know him, fall on his site, and believe him as legit. AND HE MAKES LOTS OF MONEY OUT OF IT. Money out of a fraud.

I dont know I give the guy all the credit in the world. He's made a business out of rumours and speculation. He's upfront with what he does. He reports rumours. There is no guarantee of accurate information and nobody can ever prove that the guy is lying. Aside from the rumours he's recruited a decent stable of writers to report on each of the teams from his site. While I don't love reading Eklund's crap I do, for example, enjoy reading Eric Engels take on the Habs.

Nobody is forcing anyone to pay him money, I read the site and would never consider being a paid subscriber. Let's call this what it is. Any one of us would love to have come up with this idea first. To be able to make good money being an NHL rumours guy would be excellent.

I dont know I give the guy all the credit in the world. He's made a business out of rumours and speculation. He's upfront with what he does. He reports rumours. There is no guarantee of accurate information and nobody can ever prove that the guy is lying. Aside from the rumours he's recruited a decent stable of writers to report on each of the teams from his site. While I don't love reading Eklund's crap I do, for example, enjoy reading Eric Engels take on the Habs.

Nobody is forcing anyone to pay him money, I read the site and would never consider being a paid subscriber. Let's call this what it is. Any one of us would love to have come up with this idea first. To be able to make good money being an NHL rumours guy would be excellent.

problem is, he doesn't report rumours, he creates them.

I understand what you mean, but to me, it perfectly applies to Spector, not to Eklund.

"my sources tells me that such trade is getting done today" - Eklund

"a rumour reported by the Gazette has such team doing this" - Spector

see the difference? the first pretends that it's true and that it's founded, while the second reports it for what it is, as it is.

KHL is possible for EVERY european.

Playing in corrupt USA or corrupt rUSsiA is just the same to them. They are far from "home sweet home" and both leagues have nothing to do with international tournament.

They haven't grown up like us, watching the habs 3 times a week.

They were lucky when they could get the feed of a NHL game.

I'm not talking about guys like Kovalev who are now more North American than most of them.

I'm talking about "most" european players.

I think Halak could fall in this "most" category. He'd be a clear cut starter over there, surely earning something like 3-4M (if Hudler gets 4M, I can't see why Halak wouldn't get it too)

For sure!! And to top it off, it's probably tax-free. We could easily lose him for nothing.

problem is, he doesn't report rumours, he creates them.

I understand what you mean, but to me, it perfectly applies to Spector, not to Eklund.

"my sources tells me that such trade is getting done today" - Eklund

"a rumour reported by the Gazette has such team doing this" - Spector

see the difference? the first pretends that it's true and that it's founded, while the second reports it for what it is, as it is.

Yah I hear you, but the guy is building a business. His goal really is to make money (as is human nature) and he has no real incentive to do a mea culpa and tell his readers that he is just a commentator. People pay for him because they believe he has sources and is connected. He isn't committing fraud by going along with this belief (it may even be true, who knows...). My point is simply that its a business and his goal is to grow that business, like it or not.

Nobody forces anyone to visit his site, read his article and certainly not pay for his subcriber services.