Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Sounds like Keith Ballard will be a Canuck within a couple of hours. Tallon is definitely in a selling mood.

Tallon made one hell of a deal... Bernier and Grabner and the 25th for Ballard and a prospect.

Tallon made one hell of a deal... Bernier and Grabner and the 25th for Ballard and a prospect.

Well, Bernier is nothing special and Grabner's ultimate potential remains to be seen. So I'm not so sure the Canuckleheads got fleeced.

Not sure where to ask this question so I figured the rumor thread would be ok...

Anybody know what is going on with Emelin? or Yemelin? Or however his last name is spelled.

I heard murmurs a few months back that he might be in the NHL this year but I can't find any info on him lately.

Thanks.

Not sure where to ask this question so I figured the rumor thread would be ok...

Anybody know what is going on with Emelin? or Yemelin? Or however his last name is spelled.

I heard murmurs a few months back that he might be in the NHL this year but I can't find any info on him lately.

Thanks.

He is signed in the KHL through the next season...rumour was that he may break his contract to come to the Habs...but it's doubtful. Does anyone doubt that organized crime threatens some of these players to stay in the KHL?

He is signed in the KHL through the next season...rumour was that he may break his contract to come to the Habs...but it's doubtful. Does anyone doubt that organized crime threatens some of these players to stay in the KHL?

Well, if the NHL and KHL signing gentleman's agreements not to poach each other's players so the leagues can organize exhibition games and potentially convince the other to come to Russia for the 2010 Olympics is considered organized crime, then yes.

Grabner is a flash in the pan. Bernier is an albatross of a contract. Ballard is solid, signed to better value than what, say Hamhuis is going to get next week. Ballard made the Jokinen trade an easy win for Florida.

Eklund says Habs have the upper hand in negotiations for Frolov and also that they maybe putting together the best package thus far for Kaberle.

Can the Habs even talk to Frolov at this point? Unless Ek meant negotiations for his rights?

And unless we're getting rid of Hamrlik, I can't see why we'd need Kaberle. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have him, but not at the cost Burke will be seeking.

They definatley need to move the kosty bros if they plan on signing Frolov or any other top 6 guy.

Did they qualify Pouliot yet? if not maybe they are considering Eller as a LW on the Gomez line. Which may allow them to resign Moore.

Kaberle makes no sense unless they are going to move Markov. They have a full 6 without Markov right now. When Markov does come back i expect them to move Hamrlik and get Markov signed or traded.

Kaberle makes no sense unless they are going to move Markov. They have a full 6 without Markov right now. When Markov does come back i expect them to move Hamrlik and get Markov signed or traded.

The thing I'm worried about is the powerplay. With no Markov (until December) or MA Bergeron, who's going to be the anchor on the point next year? It's too early to rely on Subban for everything. Hamrlik and Spacek are okay, but slow. I could see PG trying to ensure PP success by making a move for Kaberle. To do it, obviously Hamrlik or Spacek has to go. What about Spacek and the Kosty brothers for Kaberle and change (pick, prospect)?

The thing I'm worried about is the powerplay. With no Markov (until December) or MA Bergeron, who's going to be the anchor on the point next year? It's too early to rely on Subban for everything. Hamrlik and Spacek are okay, but slow. I could see PG trying to ensure PP success by making a move for Kaberle. To do it, obviously Hamrlik or Spacek has to go. What about Spacek and the Kosty brothers for Kaberle and change (pick, prospect)?

I don't see Burke being interested in so many Europeans.

The Frolov rumours are for real, I'd say, because we've been hearing about them so consistently for so long. This was the pattern with Tanguay and Lang as well. It's a case of smoke meaning fire.

We've also heard Kaberle rumours from time to time. I'm sure the Habs are in principle interested in acquiring this excellent defenceman, but as others suggest it's hard to see him fitting under the cap without some wild restructuring of the team, and it's hard to see where a deal is to be made here. Markov for Kaberle would defeat the purpose, which is to upgrade the back end. Trading more picks or prospects would be stupid on the Habs' part. The only real chips we possess would be guys like Gorges, O'Byrne, and the Kostitysns. Where's the fit?

Apart from our cap troubles, in-division trading and everything else... Gauthier said in passing that our D was set which makes me feel like Hamrlik is staying and he isn't likely to be making a major play for Kaberle. At the draft Burke said none of the four offers for Kaberle were even close anyway.

Apart from our cap troubles, in-division trading and everything else... Gauthier said in passing that our D was set which makes me feel like Hamrlik is staying and he isn't likely to be making a major play for Kaberle. At the draft Burke said none of the four offers for Kaberle were even close anyway.

My take is that Hamrlik is staying unless they absolutely need to buy him out, as in they do land someone in UFA that puts them over the cap. There is a second buyout period in late July/early August for such a reason.

Hamrlik is still a hefty buyout. That means our own cap will be a couple million less than everyone else's in the league. Hopefully they can move him in a trade if they need to add a player.

No one likes the idea of stashing a legit NHLer in the minors just because they're overpaid, either.

My take is that Hamrlik is staying unless they absolutely need to buy him out, as in they do land someone in UFA that puts them over the cap. There is a second buyout period in late July/early August for such a reason.

Hamrlik is still a hefty buyout. That means our own cap will be a couple million less than everyone else's in the league. Hopefully they can move him in a trade if they need to add a player.

No one likes the idea of stashing a legit NHLer in the minors just because they're overpaid, either.

Yeah, buying out serviceable players is something fans are often in favor of doing but managers rarely are. I think buying out Hamrlik will be seen as a last resort (and trading Hamrlik a second to last resort - NTC) but it's too bad. I would really like to replace him with a cheaper D and then have both Kostitsyn and Frolov at forward.

Yeah, buying out serviceable players is something fans are often in favor of doing but managers rarely are. I think buying out Hamrlik will be seen as a last resort (and trading Hamrlik a second to last resort - NTC) but it's too bad. I would really like to replace him with a cheaper D and then have both Kostitsyn and Frolov at forward.

I believe Hamrlik has waivers on his NTC for specific teams? I also know that it becomes null on Feb. 1, 2011, so maybe he'd like some say in where he plays his final year.

He's an interesting case, to be sure.

I believe Hamrlik has waivers on his NTC for specific teams? I also know that it becomes null on Feb. 1, 2011, so maybe he'd like some say in where he plays his final year.

He's an interesting case, to be sure.

"Roman Hamrlik: (Partial NTC until Feb. 1/11 - list of 6 East and 6 West teams he'll accept a trade to; no NTC after)"

I hadn't realized that...

Okay, let's trade him. :D

Package him with SK so they can hang out with their criminal friend together and send them both to a division rival (maybe this is how we get Kaberle lol).

For all the words i hear about Frolov, i would hate that move.

I want size, grit up, right shooter,i wish for Colby Armstrong. Could take on second line duties at time

would be perfect on a third line.

Frolov has size and is a right shooter. Maybe he isn't gritty but he's still amazing along the boards because of the size. He protects the puck like Laraque lol

Frolov has size and is a right shooter. Maybe he isn't gritty but he's still amazing along the boards because of the size. He protects the puck like Laraque lol

Yea, I would take a look at Frolov. But you know it's not going to happen. I expect any changes at this time have to fall in category of younger and cheaper with the emphasis on the latter. A younger and cheaper M. Pouliot in lieu of Moore makes a more likely scenerio. I don't expect much movement, but I would feel a lot better about giving up a second rounder for minor rental if we ended up with Pouliot as a free agent.

To be honest, Amrstrong is headed to Calgary. He was a Red Deer Rebel under Brent Sutter and he's a western boy. We can probably strike his name off the list right off the bat.

For all the words i hear about Frolov, i would hate that move.

I want size, grit up, right shooter,i wish for Colby Armstrong. Could take on second line duties at time

would be perfect on a third line.

COLBY ARMSTRONG?!?!?