Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Yea, I would take a look at Frolov. But you know it's not going to happen. I expect any changes at this time have to fall in category of younger and cheaper with the emphasis on the latter. A younger and cheaper M. Pouliot in lieu of Moore makes a more likely scenerio. I don't expect much movement, but I would feel a lot better about giving up a second rounder for minor rental if we ended up with Pouliot as a free agent.

If they get rid of AK it can happen. We'd have the cap space, Frolov is an upgrade and he supposedly wants to come here.

Haha so peeps going to hate on me for even suggesting but, what would you all think of Cheechoo? Is he too much of a risk/not value anymore? I really never got to see him play much in San Jose, the fact he didn't play well in Ottawa doesn't bother me too much, just wondering if he would be a cheap winger option, or is it silly to even think about?

Haha so peeps going to hate on me for even suggesting but, what would you all think of Cheechoo? Is he too much of a risk/not value anymore? I really never got to see him play much in San Jose, the fact he didn't play well in Ottawa doesn't bother me too much, just wondering if he would be a cheap winger option, or is it silly to even think about?

I don't want the Habs to be the team that will take this risk.

Aaron Voros ??

Not at the 3M he makes now, but at 1-1.5 I would look at him for the third line.

I mean it'd have to be after he was bought up, but would it be a risk to take him at 1-1.5m if he'd sign, and we cannot get a Frolov or the like? He was a 50 goal scoer at one time.

I mean it'd have to be after he was bought up, but would it be a risk to take him at 1-1.5m if he'd sign, and we cannot get a Frolov or the like? He was a 50 goal scoer at one time.

So now that he is bought out, does the team that picks him up only have to pay half his salary? 1.75 mill for cheechoo could be a risk worth taking.

There is more action on the trade market thant the UFA.

Meszaros move to Philly is surprising. They always find the money.

Edmonton O'sullivan and Moreau are off their hands, they have acquire Vandermeer

Other names on the trade market. Kaberle, Savard, Spezza, Gagné...we'll see.

And don't ever mention Eklund brain farts, he's never ever in God's secret.

Follow Mckenzie twitter if you want some reliable source, don't waste time and hit's on Eklund site.

There is more action on the trade market thant the UFA.

Meszaros move to Philly is surprising. They always find the money.

Edmonton O'sullivan and Moreau are off their hands, they have acquire Vandermeer

Other names on the trade market. Kaberle, Savard, Spezza, Gagné...we'll see.

And don't ever mention Eklund brain farts, he's never ever in God's secret.

Follow Mckenzie twitter if you want some reliable source, don't waste time and hit's on Eklund site.

Not a rumour, but prior to the SK trade and prior to the July 1, Spezza deadline, I had been wondering if the habs could have tried to make a push for a Gomez for Spezza swap by trying to sweeten the pots with SK and one AKPouliot. Spezza would finally give the habs their first big centre since Bobby Smith. I know he has the soft label, but I'd rather pay $7M to a guy who CAN score 90 points, rather then someone who is not going to exceed 70 - if that.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Renaud Lavoie says Cammalleri is urging Gauthier to sign Frolov. :)

Gauthier had BETTER do something to help the forwards and/or D, because he has decided to bungee jump on a shoestring when it comes to goaltending. Not sure that a Frolov or Volchenkov would make me feel better, but it would at least offer a distraction.

Gauthier had BETTER do something to help the forwards and/or D, because he has decided to bungee jump on a shoestring when it comes to goaltending. Not sure that a Frolov or Volchenkov would make me feel better, but it would at least offer a distraction.

Something I've noticed over the past few seasons:

Amazing forwards >>> Amazing goaltending > Amazing D

Stocking up the forward lines will make us a better team which will make Price's environment an easier one to play in. Gauthier just needs to give us a solid team and I think Price will be just fine. One more solid player can make a huge difference (look at what Moore did for us last season).

Something I've noticed over the past few seasons:

Amazing forwards >>> Amazing goaltending > Amazing D

Stocking up the forward lines will make us a better team which will make Price's environment an easier one to play in. Gauthier just needs to give us a solid team and I think Price will be just fine. One more solid player can make a huge difference (look at what Moore did for us last season).

Yes, I could at least live with the present, high-risk combo at G if it comes with a substantial upgrade at FW...although I still would be nervous about the Price-or-bust strategy. As it stands right now we're subsantially weaker in the one area where we outclassed the opposition least season, and not obviously better anywhere else. But unlike a lot of the people who are panicking because of what other teams have done, I am prepared to see what else PG has up his sleeve before I anoint this offseason a bust.

Yes, I could at least live with the present, high-risk combo at G if it comes with a substantial upgrade at FW...although I still would be nervous about the Price-or-bust strategy. As it stands right now we're subsantially weaker in the one area where we outclassed the opposition least season, and not obviously better anywhere else. But unlike a lot of the people who are panicking because of what other teams have done, I am prepared to see what else PG has up his sleeve before I anoint this offseason a bust.

Right, well I'm assuming that we're adding another top 9 forward to what we already have, whether it's Moore, Lombardi or Frolov.

After that move and thanks to the additions of Eller and Boyd, our bottom six forwards will have been improved big time, not to mention our secondary scoring. Subban for MAB is also a decent upgrade at D.

There's also that our team gelled at the end of last season and feels like they can go far in the playoffs again.

And lastly, our team biggest (only?) distractions were booted out the window. I'm speaking, of course, of Laraque and Sergei Kostitsyn. Everyone's been replaced with really hard working players. Our team as a whole as an extraordinary attitude. I feel like they can easily overachieve like they did in the playoffs.

Right, well I'm assuming that we're adding another top 9 forward to what we already have, whether it's Moore, Lombardi or Frolov.

After that move and thanks to the additions of Eller and Boyd, our bottom six forwards will have been improved big time, not to mention our secondary scoring. Subban for MAB is also a decent upgrade at D.

There's also that our team gelled at the end of last season and feels like they can go far in the playoffs again.

And lastly, our team biggest (only?) distractions were booted out the window. I'm speaking, of course, of Laraque and Sergei Kostitsyn. Everyone's been replaced with really hard working players. Our team as a whole as an extraordinary attitude. I feel like they can easily overachieve like they did in the playoffs.

That's a very optimistic outlook. And based on good logic. I just hope our guys can find a way to break down big defense. It's our biggest weakness.

Philly had 2 AHL goalies take them to the cup. Goaltending is the least of the problems. The full team hasn't even played 1 game together.

Relax

Philly also had their way with us. We don't have the combo of size and skill that Richards, Carter, Gagne, Pronger and Timmiunin (butchered spelling) and Hartnell bring, along with a supporting cast of Giroux, Van Reimsdyk and Briere. In two playoffs series with the flyers we are what, 1-8 or 2-8??

Philly also doesn't rely on their goaltender to save 40-50 shots a game. They can get into the finals with minor league goaltending, winning is another matter.

I suspect with Subban in the mix this year and his puck possession, that the habs will not be going with the give up 40 low impact shots this season.

Lombardi is gone and looks like Frolov is signing with the islanders - not that we have the cap space anyways.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Philly had 2 AHL goalies take them to the cup. Goaltending is the least of the problems. The full team hasn't even played 1 game together.

Relax

Chicago WON the Cup with 2 AHL goalies.

Hmm... maybe if we dump AK we could make a pitch for Gagne...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326408

That's exactly what I was thinking...except my thoughts were more like AK for Gagne. :hlogo:

What do others think? Has Gagne peaked and hit the downhill side? He seems to have been injured a lot the last couple of seasons.