Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm trying to figure out what kind of trade value Turris has. I'm stumped. More than Eller, and if so, by how much? Weber plus Palsuhaj? Kostitsyn?

It is a stumper, isn't it? If we'd traded Halak for Turris I don't think anyone, either Phoenix or Habs fans, would have fallen on the floor in shock at the iniquity of the deal. If we'd traded Halak PLUS [high pick, or decent prospect like Weber, etc.] for Turris, then I think Habs fans likely would have been indignant at the perceived rip-off. So maybe his value isn't, or shouldn't, be all that much higher than what Eller's value turned out actually to be.

OK - but then what does that mean? There's no 'Halak' equivalent in play and MaxPac/Subban are presumably not touchable in this context. So we must be looking at a package...Weber +, as you say. The "+" might be a high pick (2nd rounder?) or a useful veteran the Habs don't expect to keep long-term (Kostitsyn, maybe even Gomez, if Phoenix is a cap-floor team; but once Gomez comes in you're probably looking at a multi-player deal on both sides). What I think, given the investment Phoenix has in Turris, is that any deal will involve something we don't want to give up. It won't be Desharnais + a 4th rounder, even if that represents 'fair value' in some objective sense.

There's a reason Turris is available right now, actually two of them:

1) He has yet to pan out into anything more than a depth forward

2) He wants a contract worth $3+ million for a cap hit (I've seen 4 mentioned on longer term deals)

Until his contract demands go down, I don't think I'd want him as 25-point centres aren't worth $3 million as a cap hit. Yes, there's potential for him to improve but in a defensive system like Montreal's, his numbers surely wouldn't skyrocket. His case is one I'm following with interest as I really think Phoenix will be content to let him sit through camp and into the season.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of trade value Turris has. I'm stumped. More than Eller, and if so, by how much? Weber plus Palsuhaj? Kostitsyn?

I think Phoenix is going to want a centre back. I think Turris' value is pretty close to Eller's but slightly higher. Maybe Eller + 2nd.

In my view Turris and Eller are too close in value for it to be worth the risk for us to make that trade.

If they are willing to deal him it's because they are unhappy with his development...no way they would think they could get a guy like Subban. They'd want picks or prospects in the minors...hoping to parlay a potential bust into something that may yet be valuable. He's almost looking like Pouliot/Latendresse so they might think dealing him now would net a little more then that kind of deal then waiting another year for him to develop.

It is a stumper, isn't it? If we'd traded Halak for Turris I don't think anyone, either Phoenix or Habs fans, would have fallen on the floor in shock at the iniquity of the deal. If we'd traded Halak PLUS [high pick, or decent prospect like Weber, etc.] for Turris, then I think Habs fans likely would have been indignant at the perceived rip-off. So maybe his value isn't, or shouldn't, be all that much higher than what Eller's value turned out actually to be.

OK - but then what does that mean? There's no 'Halak' equivalent in play and MaxPac/Subban are presumably not touchable in this context. So we must be looking at a package...Weber +, as you say. The "+" might be a high pick (2nd rounder?) or a useful veteran the Habs don't expect to keep long-term (Kostitsyn, maybe even Gomez, if Phoenix is a cap-floor team; but once Gomez comes in you're probably looking at a multi-player deal on both sides). What I think, given the investment Phoenix has in Turris, is that any deal will involve something we don't want to give up. It won't be Desharnais + a 4th rounder, even if that represents 'fair value' in some objective sense.

You guys are rocketing up his value in relation to Toronto's "evaluation' of what the return would be.

Damien Cocks implied the Leafs could get him for Tyler Bozak. Meh. No way the Coyotes toss him away for that.

I would not be wanting to move Eller at any point now. I think there is huge upside for him. He's tall with very smooth skating ability and is a very sharp tape to tape passer. I think he got a lot of insight and teaching from Capt. Kirk last year and it all started to come together for him towards the end of the year. You cannot argue that his performance in the playoffs was the best 7 game stretch he played all season. He showed a lot of heart, courage and determination and no fear out there. It was a gutsy play on his part to suit up and play in game 7 after the injury to his shoulder from the previous game. This young man will be able to grow into the #2 centre role for us within the next 5 yrs.

I know it seems here that the Habs trade Hat Trick of players: Gomez, Spacek & Weber will not go away. I do think there will be a deal prior to the season that will see one of the later 2 move on. Maybe both. but I do not think we will see Gomez go. I think PG is too worried by the gap that would exist behind his departure. With no one having stood on their head in training camp except two underage juniors its too big a risk to take unless.......we are getting one quality centre coming back the other way. Remember, he doesn't have to be a #1...a solid #2 or 3 will fit the bill.

I think the worry of the Markov status will quiet down abit with the CC signing. However, it would be nice to know for sure what is really going on with PK. Is it just a little nagging thing or is it more than that. His injury status is the key one for me. Markov as far as I'm concerned is just the icing on the cake for this year and on. Subban is the meat & potatoes......we need that raw energy every night...20 + minutes of up and down the rink and letting fly some rifle blasts from his cannon. Also, without him on the ice.....Hal Gill becomes a sitting duck unless JM remembers that Gorges used to play with him.

I would not be wanting to move Eller at any point now. I think there is huge upside for him. He's tall with very smooth skating ability and is a very sharp tape to tape passer. I think he got a lot of insight and teaching from Capt. Kirk last year and it all started to come together for him towards the end of the year. You cannot argue that his performance in the playoffs was the best 7 game stretch he played all season. He showed a lot of heart, courage and determination and no fear out there. It was a gutsy play on his part to suit up and play in game 7 after the injury to his shoulder from the previous game. This young man will be able to grow into the #2 centre role for us within the next 5 yrs.

I know it seems here that the Habs trade Hat Trick of players: Gomez, Spacek & Weber will not go away. I do think there will be a deal prior to the season that will see one of the later 2 move on. Maybe both. but I do not think we will see Gomez go. I think PG is too worried by the gap that would exist behind his departure. With no one having stood on their head in training camp except two underage juniors its too big a risk to take unless.......we are getting one quality centre coming back the other way. Remember, he doesn't have to be a #1...a solid #2 or 3 will fit the bill.

I think the worry of the Markov status will quiet down abit with the CC signing. However, it would be nice to know for sure what is really going on with PK. Is it just a little nagging thing or is it more than that. His injury status is the key one for me. Markov as far as I'm concerned is just the icing on the cake for this year and on. Subban is the meat & potatoes......we need that raw energy every night...20 + minutes of up and down the rink and letting fly some rifle blasts from his cannon. Also, without him on the ice.....Hal Gill becomes a sitting duck unless JM remembers that Gorges used to play with him.

I agree 100% about Eller. I love this guy and his potential. He is a very handsome young man t'boot..

Just to throw a little curve here: We expect the junior guys, if they stick around to be sent back by the 10th game. The unknown quanity here is Blunden. Is he a place holder for White or is he a bigger stronger version of White? I am just wondering who really will be the 13th forward?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree 100% about Eller. I love this guy and his potential. He is a very handsome young man t'boot..

Do you say that Handsome man because you are trying to be like Pierre ?

Very funny if so.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you say that Handsome man because you are trying to be like Pierre ?

Very funny if so.

Yes indeed. This kid is a monster. If he doesn't let me go roof daddy on him in the sauna after practice tonight I am going to be absolutely apoplectic...

PeckLand says the habs and coyotes have made a trade - anyone hear about this, is this true???

Wet dream would be Gomez for Turris, but that ain't happening :nuts:

PeckLand says the habs and coyotes have made a trade - anyone hear about this, is this true???

Wet dream would be Gomez for Turris, but that ain't happening :nuts:

Lavoie is saying it looks like there could be a trade today.

Lavoie is saying it looks like there could be a trade today.

Typical Peckland. There may be a trade is not the same thing as trade has occured.

Word is we are trying to get Linus Omark now? wow

That doesn't make sense - he definitely isn't a penguin type player. It doesnt make sense forthe oilers either since they need a dman. I can't see them interested in anyone other then weber, which doesn't make sense for us.

So if there is any truth in this rumour they are probably looking for a more experienced winger like AK46- and I really wouldn't want to make that deal.

When Markov comes back shortly, barring injury, we will have 8 NHL defenseman on our roster. This is good news because we can now deal from strength, not to mention the extra bodies we will have when Gomez, Leblanc and Fortier return. We are going to be in a good spot. Lets hope we can string some wins together to augment that strength.

When Markov comes back shortly, barring injury, we will have 8 NHL defenseman on our roster. This is good news because we can now deal from strength, not to mention the extra bodies we will have when Gomez, Leblanc and Fortier return. We are going to be in a good spot. Lets hope we can string some wins together to augment that strength.

This, of course, presumes no more injuries. ;-)

If and when these guys come back, and stay healthy as you have pointed out there will be a need for at least one defenseman to play forward. Emelin makes a lot of sense to me. Big and can skate. What doesn't make sense to me is having to play five defenseman all game because they have no one to fall back when a defenseman goes down. Ideally that guy needs to be groomed right from the get go in Hamilton.

If and when these guys come back, and stay healthy as you have pointed out there will be a need for at least one defenseman to play forward. Emelin makes a lot of sense to me. Big and can skate. What doesn't make sense to me is having to play five defenseman all game because they have no one to fall back when a defenseman goes down. Ideally that guy needs to be groomed right from the get go in Hamilton.

Weber or Diaz makes the most sense to me, so you can have a big body on the backend, and with Markov playing you've replaced one of the puck movers anyway.