Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

That's the big issue, which way do you go at center?

There is another player IMO the habs have to resign, that's Moen, he does everything for this and is big and physical. I don't know a player in the system who could replace him.

Also, they need an actual 4th line, Moen Nokelinen White is fine. But they need to resign Moen. Or do you keep him with Eller?

Like it or not there's really only 2 options with Gomez, buy him out or bury him in the minors. Nobody is going to take on him and his contract until at least trade deadline next year. The minors idea is probably going to be what happens to him if we bring in Stastny, we can't afford to have an additional 6.6m contract with half of Gomez's while resigning Subban and Price.

Subban will probably get a 2m-2.5m short term deal and Price is either going to be 3m-4m for a year or 5m-6m long term. Sheding Spacek's 4m should cover Price's increase and part of Subban's, but we have Gorges, Eller and maybe Kostitsyn also.

I'd resign Moen, and I would stick him on a line with Nokelinen and White or another physical winger/center. I like Nokelinen, he's clearly a hole we had and is filling it quite well.

We have a big offseason this year, 2 key players needing new contracts and only 1 NHL caliber defensemen signed for next year, barring Weber having a great year which I don't see happening. A Turris is feasable a Stastny I don't see happening.

That's the big issue, which way do you go at center?

There is another player IMO the habs have to resign, that's Moen, he does everything for this and is big and physical. I don't know a player in the system who could replace him.

Also, they need an actual 4th line, Moen Nokelinen White is fine. But they need to resign Moen. Or do you keep him with Eller?

Although I love what Moen does for this team I think his role can very easily be replaced. I mean look at this off season when guys like Rupp, Bradley, Winchest all became available. It won't be hard to sign one or 2 of these guys and likely for less money than what Moen is making. So sure I would love to keep him but if he walks then he can be replaced.

You've also got money from Gill and Campoli that could be available, plus 500K coming off the books for Laraque's buyout.

These should cover raises to Eller, Subban, Price, Emelin, Diaz, all the RFAs.

As a UFA Gorges would be a higher priority than AK and Moen for me. I'm not convinced we have the money for AK and Moen, but I'd love to see both back if its workable.

You've also got money from Gill and Campoli that could be available, plus 500K coming off the books for Laraque's buyout.

These should cover raises to Eller, Subban, Price, Emelin, Diaz, all the RFAs.

As a UFA Gorges would be a higher priority than AK and Moen for me. I'm not convinced we have the money for AK and Moen, but I'd love to see both back if its workable.

I think we are fine money wise. With the salaries coming to an end we have about $14 million plus you know the cap is going up with the additional revenues of Winnipeg instead of Atlanta. Subban is looking at about a $2.5 million raise and Price I am guessing will get a $2.25-$2.75 raise and Gorges will get about a $1 million raise. Still leaves plenty of money to spread around.

I mean assuming Gorges re-signs then our top 3 are already under contract with Weber still there Mayb Emelin and Diaz both of which won;t be receiving increases. Eller will sign for the same $1.3 he is making now I am guessing because he has not warranted an increase. Still leaves money for Moen and either AK46 or a replacement 2nd/3rd liner.

I think we're fine.

I agree money shouldn't be a big deal. They do need to make a decision on the centers. 3 players are the same type of player and they are all small, 1 reliably produces. Then you have Eller and Nokelinen.

I didn't pay much attention during pre season, but didn't Gallagher really impress and was one of the last cuts? i know he is on fire again currently. maybe he is a replacement to play with Eller and Moen. I believe he is a RW.

I agree money shouldn't be a big deal. They do need to make a decision on the centers. 3 players are the same type of player and they are all small, 1 reliably produces. Then you have Eller and Nokelinen.

I didn't pay much attention during pre season, but didn't Gallagher really impress and was one of the last cuts? i know he is on fire again currently. maybe he is a replacement to play with Eller and Moen. I believe he is a RW.

Gallagher can't be called up until the Vancouver Giant's season is over, unless their is an emergency need for players (and even then he could only play a couple games).

Hey, an actual rumour of sorts. Apparently, the Habs promised Avtsin that he'd see 10 NHL games this season, this reportedly according to his agent.

English tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/AlexSerenRosso/status/139772476250009600

Original article: http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/494436

Translated article: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sovsport.ru%2Fnews%2Ftext-item%2F494436&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

If true, I'm not a big fan of this. Avtsin has done very little to warrant a callup (though he has played better with DeSimone/Leblanc as of late), never good seeing promises/guarantees to young players.

Timing of the story is awfully suspicious with the Gomez injury and the Habs down to 11 healthy fwds last night...... I find that a bit of a red flag as to the truth of this so called "guarantee".

Could Avtsin possibly do worse than Engqvist though?

Could Avtsin possibly do worse than Engqvist though?

I agree there, but only because Engqvist was that bad.

However I do question if Avtsin is defensively ready for the NHL.

I don't think he's next in line for a callup, though he might be one of the forwards on hamilton with the most potential (with Leblanc).

My order for callups would be Willsie, Blunden, Leblanc, Avtsin.

Bergfors would be a cheap bargin. I saw no source on the net but CBS broke it on tv

bottom line.

But there must be something wrong with him. Three teams already gave up on him.

Could fit the bill for a week or two until we get some healthy players.

Bergfors would be a cheap bargin. I saw no source on the net but CBS broke it on tv

bottom line.

But there must be something wrong with him. Three teams already gave up on him.

Could fit the bill for a week or two until we get some healthy players.

As I noted in the NHL thread, he's on buyout waivers having cleared waivers once already this week. He has been in negotiations with teams from the SEL and KHL and won't be claimed. Also, with only 1 contract spot left, I don't think the Habs are looking to 'take a flyer' on someone as that spot could be important later.

I agree there, but only because Engqvist was that bad.

However I do question if Avtsin is defensively ready for the NHL.

I don't think he's next in line for a callup, though he might be one of the forwards on hamilton with the most potential (with Leblanc).

My order for callups would be Willsie, Blunden, Leblanc, Avtsin.

Avtsin is nowehere close to being an NHL but like you said man was Engqvist completely useless. For me it would be Blunden, Willsie and then if we just needed a 4th liner to play 4-5 minutes a game then I'd bring in maybe Conboy. Again not NHL ready but he can easily just skate around, throw some hits and drop the gloves on occassion when needed.

From Eklund

The Ducks are closing in on panic mode. This team is way too good to be where they are right now. To be 6 games under .500 and having scored only 48 goals in 22 games while giving up a whopping 71 goals...something has to give. And fast.

That brings us to Bobby Ryan...If there is a player who could possibly be moved it would be Bobby Ryan...I am not hearing anything imminent, but I am hearing several teams inquiring including Carolina, the Islanders, Ottawa, Montreal and St. Louis.

UPDATE: As I was writing this a source connected to Columbus told me he has heard tons of chatter involving Jeff Carter and a prospect for Bobby Ryan...

While it may look like a Columbus trade is more imminent, and they have more to offer (if they are offering Carter).... I'd be willing to give a lot to have Ryan in Montreal.

Bobby Ryan would look great as a 1a/1b Centre Combo with Plekanec.

I know he's mostly played wing in Anaheim, but when Getzlaf was hurt last year, Ryan centered the top line and looked great.

Ducks asking price would probably START with Subban and MaxPac+

From Eklund

While it may look like a Columbus trade is more imminent, and they have more to offer (if they are offering Carter).... I'd be willing to give a lot to have Ryan in Montreal.

I know he's mostly played wing in Anaheim, but when Getzlaf was hurt last year, Ryan centered the top line and looked great.

From Eklund

What would the asking price be for Ryan? If it's Carter and a prospect then does that mean we have to offer a 1st round, a top prospect (i.e. gallagher, Tinordi or Beaulieu) and then a young roster player (i.e Pacioretty)?

Lets go with the Kessel trade as a framework here.... 2 1st rounders and a second.

Now I know people hate the Kessel trade and think Boston won by a landslide (which they did)... but thats only because the picks were 2nd, 9th and 32nd overall (which no one knew at the time). If the picks were in the 10-20 range it wouldn't have been an issue.

So that in mind....

1) Montreal's 2012 1st rounder

2) Anaheim's choice of 1 of Tinordi/Leblanc

There is your 2 first round picks

plus

3) Yanick Weber

4) Andrei Kostitsyn

Weber and Kostitsyn both have the value of at least a 2nd round pick in return if traded today.

So from that the value is there IMO....

LA gave up aboutt eh same for Penner so I am guessing Ryan would cost slightly more. Agree on the framework of the picks and prospects but it's the roster player that I personally think would have to be more.

Not sure if Montreal is realistically in a position to make that move yet. Especially not giving up on young prospect forwards.

LA gave up a 1st + a prospect who may have been picked in the first round but has really struggled since being drafted in Teubert.

I think Leblanc and Tinordi both have more value than Teubert as they aren't looking like a potential bust in the way he is. He really wasn't performing at all at the AHL level when traded. Meanwhile Leblanc and Tinordi appear to be progressing well.

Teubert was considered by LA to be the 6th or 7th best Defence prospect they had in their system and as such was extremely expendable. I think Leblanc and Tinordi have a lot more value than he does.

And that doesn't even get into the AK and Weber that were added.

---------------------------

I agree Montreal can't give up prospect forwards for nothing, but when you are getting a 24 year old stud forward in Bobby Ryan, i'm fine with dealing the prospect. We aren't talking about a 30 year old guy here.

There was a 2nd rounder in there as well....conditional 3rd that became a second to be precise.. So essentially a first, a second and a top prospect for Penner. Penner isn't even remotely close to Ryan.

That's why I am thinking it would cost more. I mean teubert and Tinordi are a wash, our 1st are roughly around the same so can we trade Kostitsyn for a 2nd? This assuming we made the deal for Penner......let alone Ryan.

I'd love to get a guy like this I just fear we'd be giving up way too much.

I don't see Teubert and Tinordi a wash.... Tinordi is a guy who has greatly progressed and is the number 1 shutdown D in London. Teubert hasn't had that same progression and was struggling to get AHL ice time when traded.

There was name value in a former 1st rounder and former member of Team Canada at the WJC, but his play wasn't at "1st round level" where Tinordi still is.