Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Agree hat would be a horrible trade. The only reason to potentially make a dumbass move like that would be get out of the longer term Financial commitment to Cammy- but we aren't talking about Gomez type performance hear (that is without knowing what the commitment to Stoll is- I know penner is up this year, but have idea about Stoll's contract).

Stoll is up this year as well ($3.6M). That type of move would make sense if the Habs were definite sellers at the deadline where the move is just for salary relief type purposes.

Even if we are just sellers and looking to dump Cammy's contract - I can't believe that a bum like Penner and a third liner like Stoll is all we could get for Cammy. If that is the best PG could do, he should not only be fired, but tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail!!

Stoll is up this year as well ($3.6M). That type of move would make sense if the Habs were definite sellers at the deadline where the move is just for salary relief type purposes.

Even if we are just sellers and looking to dump Cammy's contract - I can't believe that a bum like Penner and a third liner like Stoll is all we could get for Cammy. If that is the best PG could do, he should not only be fired, but tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail!!

The key to a 'dump deal' like that is to clear salary, it matters not who comes back in return as long as their contract is up ASAP. Yes, it's always best to try for a youngster or two but if it requires taking back a larger salary to get said youngster, it's not always a cut and dry answer.

Is it really a Hab rumour? Not really, but I've heard Habs D prospect Morgan Ellis will be on the move to another Quebec league squad during their final trade period which begins tomorrow and ends January 7th. Could mean he'll be having a long playoff run ahead of him.

Speaking of trade periods, don't forget the trade freeze for the NHL begins at midnight tomorrow.

I've heard Shawinigan and St. John for Ellis.

Shawinigan would put him on the same team as Bournival, and as Mem Cup hosts he'd be guaranteed a spot in the tourney.

Joining St. John would of course set up a potential Beaulieu - Ellis pairing, and as one of the league's best, if not the best team, would also give him a very good chance at a Mem Cup.

Is it really a Hab rumour? Not really, but I've heard Habs D prospect Morgan Ellis will be on the move to another Quebec league squad during their final trade period which begins tomorrow and ends January 7th. Could mean he'll be having a long playoff run ahead of him.

Speaking of trade periods, don't forget the trade freeze for the NHL begins at midnight tomorrow.

Last year it was 3PM EST. I believe it's the same this season.

Well I guess it would be too late to hope, pray, wish that the Habs could pry a guy like Malkin away from the pens- even if Crosby was healthy. Looks like he had regained his MVP year form.

If the habs wanted to clear salary by trading Cammy, why would they take two bozos with expiring contracts when they could get prospects and picks or young players without taking much salary back?

If the habs wanted to clear salary by trading Cammy, why would they take two bozos with expiring contracts when they could get prospects and picks or young players without taking much salary back?

Only because LA would be forced to clear some salary to take on Cammy. That said, I agree, LA would have to sweeten the pot with picks and prospects added.

The more I think about these Cammy rumours, the more uneasy I get - not because of the specific players involved but because of the principle. The organization just fired a coach because of the revolt of certain veterans, of which Cammy seems to have been the key guy. In other words, you made a huge move to try to accommodate him. OK. So then you turn around and trade him - ?!? Wouldn't it have made more sense to move Cammy and keep Martin rather than lose both elements?

Such a move would, I fear, speak to fundamental incoherence or divisions within the Habs management. Indeed, unless it's an obvious win for the Habs in hockey terms, I'd be inclined to read it as Gauthier re-asserting himself after being forced by Molson to move Martin. I don't want to be alarmist, but there is some cause for concern about the Habs' management at this juncture.

There is a bright spot to Gomez, the closer we get to the deadline the easier he will be to move. This is not a rumour, just speculation but I could see a dance parter in Calgary. Feaster might consider Gomez playing with Iginla. I doubt we'd get anything substantial back. Stajan would be nice but....?

There is a bright spot to Gomez, the closer we get to the deadline the easier he will be to move. This is not a rumour, just speculation but I could see a dance parter in Calgary. Feaster might consider Gomez playing with Iginla. I doubt we'd get anything substantial back. Stajan would be nice but....?

I think there's a bigger chance of Iggy leaving Calgary than there is of Gomer going to Calgary.

Can't see Calgary wanting Gomez.

If there is any move to be made it will be to a team that wants to pay 5.5 and 4.5 in real dollars for a 7.3 cap hit to artificially hit the floor.

And even then... no one will make such a trade till after we see the new CBA and what it looks like.

• Upvote 1

The gomez contract is so maddening his type of money would get us a great star player. but we have this bum 2 more yrs grrrrrrr

With Molson so afraid of lost beer sales by having a english coach, can't see him willing to eat Gomez's contract either. :angry2:

With Molson so afraid of lost beer sales by having a english coach, can't see him willing to eat Gomez's contract either. :angry2:

I think the english speaking people there should say if u hire a french coach we won't go to the games! that whole thing is just messed up. IF he doesn't i will steal a bud truck and drive it into the bell centre!!!! lmao kidding people!!!!! i wouldn't waste beer!!!! lol

Couple things:

There is technically a possibility that the Habs have a prospect on each Mem cup team, but the tournament would HAVE to be: Shawinigan (hosts), St John's, London and Vancouver. But it'd be pretty cool! And while I don't follow major junior too closely, I had seen at one point or another, that all of these teams are considered contenders to mean their respective league titles (and in Shawinigan's case, just hang out till the tournament starts, but they're pretty good too, apparently). Would be sweet.

Second thing, and I'm ready to announce this personal opinion of mine right now: Subban is Higgins 2.0. Fast, skills, charisma, astronomical expactations, but still a nervous player. Will be useful, but won't be a superstar. It came up a few weeks ago, and I said then that I would seriously consider trading Subban as the main piece in a package for an established franchise player (E Staal in this case). I still would, and in fact, I hope the team takes a real close look at Subban and makes up their own mind about it, because his value is sky high right now.

Question

Would you trade the Habs roster straight up for the bolts

Yes I would. The Bolts have a better team in almost all facets, including better up and coming players IMO than the Habs. Only exception to this is that the Canadiens have Price and the Bolts are limited in nets.