Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Yes I would. The Bolts have a better team in almost all facets, including better up and coming players IMO than the Habs. Only exception to this is that the Canadiens have Price and the Bolts are limited in nets.

Mee too

Imagine having a goal scorer like Stamkos and Vinny

Also St Louis for another couple of years.

Mee too

Imagine having a goal scorer like Stamkos and Vinny

Also St Louis for another couple of years.

Not to mention guys like Hedman, Connolly. Young power forwards like Downie.

I would change those rosters in a split-secound.

Young power forwards like Downie.

Downie qualifies for the PIM portion of power forward but with 9 points in 30 games (and a -17!), I don't think he's the answer to Montreal's problem. He's a bottom 7 guy right now that has lost the confidence of Boucher due to a huge lack of discipline. Unless you think the Habs are better off being shorthanded more often (which is an argument that probably could be made with the current roster, not so much Tampa's from this hypothetical...), he wouldn't help much right about now.

Downie qualifies for the PIM portion of power forward but with 9 points in 30 games (and a -17!), I don't think he's the answer to Montreal's problem. He's a bottom 7 guy right now that has lost the confidence of Boucher due to a huge lack of discipline. Unless you think the Habs are better off being shorthanded more often (which is an argument that probably could be made with the current roster, not so much Tampa's from this hypothetical...), he wouldn't help much right about now.

He also had 46 points 2 years ago including 22 goals. He's a 3rd line guy for me in a shut down role but he's a guy who we don't have anywhere in our organization.

I love the Tampa roster and can just imagine how dangerous they can be with a goalie who can stop the puck.

They have good young players with Stamkos, Connolly, Hedman, Ashton coming up, Namestnikov is dominating junior hockey as well.

I just really like what they have and have coming.

The two guys who excite me are Stamkos and St. Louis... they are the two guys on Tampa's roster who we just don't have an answer for.

The one guy they don't have an answer for is Carey Price.

The rest looks like a wash to me. Hedman/Subban; Connolly vs Pacioretty; the rest of their prospects vs Beaulieu, Leblanc, Tinordi, etc...

So the question is would I trade Price for Stamkos and St. Louis? Yes I would, and you can see on my profile how much i like Price.

The two guys who excite me are Stamkos and St. Louis... they are the two guys on Tampa's roster who we just don't have an answer for.

The rest looks like a wash to me. Hedman/Subban; Connolly vs Pacioretty; the rest of their prospects vs Beaulieu, Leblanc, Tinordi, etc...

So the question is would I trade Price for Stamkos and St. Louis? Yes I would, and you can see on my profile how much i like Price.

St Louis is ancient, though. Would you trade youngster Price for Stamkos and him in the knowledge that he probably has, oh, 2-3 years left of highe-end performance? Not saying the answer is obvious, just asking.

St Louis is ancient, though. Would you trade youngster Price for Stamkos and him in the knowledge that he probably has, oh, 2-3 years left of highe-end performance? Not saying the answer is obvious, just asking.

If it was two ancient guys... Like if we were saying Price for Iginla and St. Louis (yes I know different teams, but work with my hypothetical).... I'd say no. Because Stamkos is so young, it makes it okay. Stamkos vs Price you can go either way on. They are both Franchise players IMO. But Stamkos + 2-3 years of St. Louis puts it over the top.

We have nobody close to Hedman rght now unless Tinordi can fit that bill eventually. The other non-comparibles I see are Malone, Stamkos, maybe Brewer. I mean I really like that Tampa D-core. Plus I would love to move to the Clearwater area.

Yes I would. The Bolts have a better team in almost all facets, including better up and coming players IMO than the Habs. Only exception to this is that the Canadiens have Price and the Bolts are limited in nets.

agreed.

Price is the only advantge we have, since TB has no goalies. However, as much as I love Price, I'd take Stamkos over Price. It's much harder to find a stud 50 goal centre then it is to find a stud goalie. I could live with getting a goalie like Howard - someone solid, but not necessarily someone who will steal games, if I had a St Louis and Stamkos.

I can't believe Yzerman hasn't addressed the goaltending issue, but then I think it may have to do with his Wings history, where they didn't need a stud goalie to win. You put Price in TB's nets and they are the top team in their division. You put Howard in and they are easily a playoff team.

Other then that, I'd take TB's lineup over ours. Even their bad contracts are better then hours. I hate Vinny's contract length, but I hate Gomez's contract period!

Okay just saw another rumour.

Montreal 1st this year + next + Subban for Staal

I would never even consider this deal!

Staal is overrated. The guy is a 75 pts player. Not the 2nd coming of Mario Lemieux.

A 75 points centermen with size and a Stanley Cup ring.

Any time but not at the price tag up there.

Canes regret their long term deal but they need bodies everywhere.

No problem in giving away Subban when Beaulieu is on it's way.

A high salary centermen all we could give is Plekanek, still for Staal return i would do it.

Any first round pick this year is where i back off because we have a chance of having a top 5 this year.

Okay just saw another rumour.

Montreal 1st this year + next + Subban for Staal

It simply doesn't work on Montreal's cap, even with LTIR...unless they know something we don't about the long-term health of Gomez/Gionta this season. I don't think that one's legit.

Rumour: players almost came to blows in the dressing room after the game, coaches were powerless to stop it.

Rumour: Cammi almost certain not to play in Ottawa.

Opinion: the Ottawa game is a long way away. Second rumour is bunk.

Opinion: part of me thinks it's total bull because it doesn't look like anyone cares enough to get angry. The other part of me thinks this is probably very, very true.

The guy who wrote the rumor spelt "allowed" as "aloud".

If you read the rest of his twitter, its completely unprofessional... calling Martin "dumbo"... Gauthier a "donkey"... and other insults towards members of the organization.

He claims to be a professional white collar guy; who works in an NHL related industry and thats how he gets his rumors.

However, it only takes about 5 minutes of reading his stuff to realize he's a 13 year old pounding the keys in his parents basement.

The guy who wrote the rumor spelt "allowed" as "aloud".

If you read the rest of his twitter, its completely unprofessional... calling Martin "dumbo"... Gauthier a "donkey"... and other insults towards members of the organization.

He claims to be a professional white collar guy; who works in an NHL related industry and thats how he gets his rumors.

However, it only takes about 5 minutes of reading his stuff to realize he's a 13 year old pounding the keys in his parents basement.

*shrug* Just a rumour.

Anyhow, I hope they all did come to blows.

The Habs are missing their captain Gionta. There are also a handful of players that have given up and are not helping their team. It;s dissapointing that every 2 to 3 yeras we have to dismantle the team and rebuild. I think that in the next CBA there should be a change on how multi million dollar contracts are negotiated and that there must be specific clauses on performances and absencies. I do feel that certain players have taken advantage of their rights and their team and their fans are swallowing the losses. Just my thoughts.

2 notes:

- As I noted the other day, Morgan Ellis is likely to be dealt. It sounds as if the Saint John Sea Dogs will be getting him though that's just a rumour at this point. (They reportedly want one of either Ellis or current WJHC d-man Gormley.)

- Speaking of rumours, don't forget the trade freeze ends at midnight. I suspect with all the hullabaloo surrounding the Habs, we'll see a flurry of rumours shortly thereafter. Heck, the usual Twitter rumour inventors aren't even waiting, they're in full force today.