Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Want to revisit that #5-6 Dman that we need. I have liked the way O'Brien plays for quite some time but I don;t want to see yet another left handed shot. We need a big mean right handed shot to play alongside Kaberle but who is out there?

IMO we have guys like Gorges, Markov, Subban, Emelin who I hope will eat the big minutes assuming all healthy so do we really need a 20 min. per game player? What about a 12 minute per game guy who can clear the net, play physical but not necessarily be relied upon as a roster regular?

Just throwing names around that are UFA and right handed

Sheldon Brookbank, Again Corey Sarich, Aaron Johnson, Kurtis Foster, Steve Eminger, Matt Carkner, Pavel Kubina, Adrian Aucoin, Michael Rozival, Brett Clarke, Bruno Gervais, Mike Commodore, Sami Salo, Dennis Wideman....

Ummmmmmm....serious slim pickings here.

I see this list and I think OK maybe Carkner if we have to?

I see only one possibility, we need to make a deal.

Michael Rozival would be a lot like getting Roman Hamrlik in his early 30s back. I'd be quite happy with him.

I wouldn't. for a #6 guy I want serious toughness.

Michael Rozival would be a lot like getting Roman Hamrlik in his early 30s back. I'd be quite happy with him.

Yes.

We still need a Hammer replacement. Emelin isn't that type of guy, neither is Gorges, and you can't count on Markov to stay healthy. So I strongly favour adding a quality, minutes-eating defenceman, regardless of how 'tough' he is.

So you want Stu Bickel or Sheldon Brookbank ?

I want a trade I think. Nobody on that list exudes confidence for me.

That right side right side right now has Subban and then the possibility of Gorges or Emelin playing the wrong side. Perhaps the answer is to move Gorges back to the right and then secure a left handed player? I just do not like the makeup of a D that has Weber and Diaz as the #2-3 right handed d-men on the team.

Hopefully Gorges and Emelin can be comfortable on that right so we can secure a another left D of which the league is full of.

Yes.

We still need a Hammer replacement. Emelin isn't that type of guy, neither is Gorges, and you can't count on Markov to stay healthy. So I strongly favour adding a quality, minutes-eating defenceman, regardless of how 'tough' he is.

If you want a big minutes eater then a guy like Jbo could be had for reltaively cheap. He never lived to the hype but equally is not as bad as people peg him to be

Boumeester is not going to be cheap.

And he is not going to be expensive. Threw the name out there but personally if there was one guy I would target with a big offer it would be Seabrook.

Chicago does need to make some changes and he's a guy i've wanted on the Habs for a while.

I wonder if Chicago would at least listen to an offer of:

Nathan Beaulieu, choice of Rene Bourque or Kaberle, Rights to Kristo and a 2nd rounder in 2013? Remove the 2nd and offer Emelin?

sign Bryan Allen.

Allen almost seems too perfect a fit? He will likely want a longer term contract than 1 or 2 years and cost too much for a #4-#5 d-man? But i even liked him when he started with Canucks and he now knows his limitations (like Gill/Sutton also learned after many years).

Allen almost seems too perfect a fit? He will likely want a longer term contract than 1 or 2 years and cost too much for a #4-#5 d-man? But i even liked him when he started with Canucks and he now knows his limitations (like Gill/Sutton also learned after many years).

We'd be fine with signing him for three years. Kaberle would be gone before year three.

I want a trade I think. Nobody on that list exudes confidence for me.

That right side right side right now has Subban and then the possibility of Gorges or Emelin playing the wrong side. Perhaps the answer is to move Gorges back to the right and then secure a left handed player? I just do not like the makeup of a D that has Weber and Diaz as the #2-3 right handed d-men on the team.

Hopefully Gorges and Emelin can be comfortable on that right so we can secure a another left D of which the league is full of.

A trade might be the only way for Bergevin to go. Remember that he is also actively looking for a top-6 winger to play alongside Plekanec and Gionta, which he also will likely not find on the open market...or if he does, will he be willing to outbid his competition?

Time will tell...

Isn't that tampering?

Tampering always happens. Don't buy into anything you hear it doesn't. Players know where they want to go and agents know where they want to and they always contact GMs or their assistants in secret to see if there's a chance they can get a certain player. If you're a player like Parise, you know exactly where you can go and for how much.

Remember when Wilson and the Leafs got nailed for tampering? That wasn't because they were tampering but because they got caught. Don't believe anything otherwise. One of the easiest avenues to avoid being nailed for tampering is for example, let's say Mike Cammalleri a week before free agency called up Josh Gorges and asked him if Montreal was interested. Gorges then talks to Gainey about Cammalleri and Gainey says, "Yes, we're interested". Gorges goes back to Cammalleri and tells him yes, Montreal is interested. While it is wrong for Gainey to give Gorges that information, nobody would know because it's a private conversation between a GM and his signed player. It's not wrong at all for Gorges to talk to Cammalleri about it because there's no rules against players discussing what teams they wish to play for. This is how the "Miami Heat Three" got created with all three players signing to the same team at pretty much the same time.

Tampering always happens.

I have no idea where the Yandle rumours came from but I've heard them since the draft. He just signed a long term deal with Phoenix. Is he getting cold feet the same way Doan did?

I'm expecting Phoenix to want good value at a low cost back. Only guy I think would work great for them from us is Desharnais.