Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Very happy that MTL didn't trade for either of these players. JB mostly because of the cap hit and Regher simply because, as you say, the price was too high. If I am BUF fan, I would be happy.... If I were a CAL fan, I would be burning effigies of Feaster. Not all his fault, by a long shot, but he hasn't been able to maximize the return on assets...why wouldn't he wait till the deadline to drive up the price on Bouwmeester?

at least he got more then he got for Iginla. but you trade your two best players and the return was pretty bad for both.

I think Clowe is Philly bound.

If the price is a 1st or a 2nd and a top prospect, I hope so.

Prospects I don't want to see moved are bealieau, Tinordi and Kristo. I'm open to moving Leblanc, since he seems pretty similar to Bournavil or Holland. If the price was a 3rd and Leblanc, I'd roll the dice on Clowe.

But if I was to choose the guy I'd be chasing is Jagr.

The price for UFA is getting to be ridiculous - another reason Feaster looks so bad.

Je Milbury

Tu Milburys

Il Milbury

Elle Milburye

Nous Milburyons

Vous Milburyez

Ils Milburyent

Elles Milburyent

Répète avec Houle

He'll be signed sooner than later, according to reports. He'll likely go to Hamilton to finish the season there, then join the Habs as a reserve for the playoffs.

thanks dlbalr, I'm excited to see this kid play.

I think Clowe is Philly bound.

There were rumours of San Jose getting Sean Courtier for Clowe. I can't imagine Holmgren being that dumb, but the pressure to make the playoffs must be intense in Philly. If Doug Wilson pulls that off he deserves GM of the year (as per Dan Rosen at Sportsnet) and I will be rooting for Philly to get Clowe.

Report is that Dallas turned down two seconds for Jagr because they are trying to re-sign him, and if they don't they want top dollar for him.

I read somewhere, and I can't remember where, that the asking price for Jagr is at least a 1st.

Either way they are now looking to move him. Darche said in a recent column that he didn't see Jagr as a fit in Bergevin's eyes.

He would be dynamite with Patches and DD. I'm still hoping we pick up a winger so we can reasonably put Gallagher on the 3rd line with Chucky and Eller. I'm not one to trust rookies to play like anything other than rookies in the playoffs. A better winger would help Eller and Chucky, and if all else fails, that winger can be promoted to the Patches - DD line and Gallagher can be demoted to the Chucky - Eller line.

Hearing that we may be after McBain from Carolina which would put Drewiske as a #7. Would also make us a lot bigger and tougher at the back.

########

I still don't understand our not signing Jagr this summer. If we had a 'head shake' emoticon, I'd be using it now.

You're right, how do we not have a head shake emoticon? I'll keep an eye out for one.

Hearing that we may be after McBain from Carolina which would put Drewiske as a #7. Would also make us a lot bigger and tougher at the back.

Tougher? The guy is allergic to hitting (a whopping 15 in 76 games last year).

Tougher? The guy is allergic to hitting (a whopping 15 in 76 games last year).

Well, bigger and tougher... looking? LOL May have changed with that ugly injury in Carolina.

Well, bigger and tougher... looking? LOL May have changed with that ugly injury in Carolina.

Are you thinking of a different defenceman by any chance? McBain has only missed 10 games in his career due to injury (6 games last year, 4 this season). I can't say I recall what caused either injury but a handful of games can't be too ugly of an injury. Joni Pitkanen has had major injury woes in his time with Carolina, is he perhaps who you're thinking of?