Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Could wear my Komisarek jersey again... :1vomit:

How have you not swapped out the nameplate for Prust?!

Wouldn't want the bad memories that come with Komi. Besides, can't Pateryn do what he does?

I repeat this to a thousand Habs fans. I've watched Komo for the Leafs and Komo for the Marlies. Pateryn is the same player only younger and a better skater. His hockey IQ is dropping every day and he just losing speed. No point in spending any money on him.

As for replacing sweaters, I got a 100th Centennial sweater of Alex Kovalev I plan to switch nameplates on. Might keep the A and 100th year just because.

How have you not swapped out the nameplate for Prust?!

Cuz it's an old CCM jersey. I have a new one, a Reebok... with Cammy's name tag... :wall:

Speculation is that, Briere is signing with the Habs on a 2 year deal unless there is a dark horse that makes a late push..I wonder of he is using MTL to drive up the price again? Little meat head..lol

Guest Stogey24

Speculation is that, Briere is signing with the Habs on a 2 year deal unless there is a dark horse that makes a late push..I wonder of he is using MTL to drive up the price again? Little meat head..lol

I can see him signing with Montreal. He can score goals and does bring leadership, but the thing is we already have at least three players who have the same playing style as Briere. I really feel money should be spent else where.

I guess if we're looking for an outright replacement for Ryder, we could do worse than Briere. Briere will still put up points and will be another right-handed shot on the PP. And although he won't contribute anymore in the physicality department, Briere won't disappear in the playoffs like Ryder.

It all depends on the cost, and if we move any smaller players/acquire bigger players. That being said, I doubt Briere wants to play in MTL.

Well, this may sound strange coming from a guy who doesn't particularly fetishize size, but I think Gallagher, Briere and Gionta = too many tiny wingers. Especially with the latter two being increasingly injury-prone. If you're looking at Briere as C, then that's even worse, unless the plan is to ship out Desharnais. Barring a terrific contract that makes him too good to pass up (not bloody likely), I just don't see it.

Well, this may sound strange coming from a guy who doesn't particularly fetishize size, but I think Gallagher, Briere and Gionta = too many tiny wingers. Especially with the latter two being increasingly injury-prone. If you're looking at Briere as C, then that's even worse, unless the plan is to ship out Desharnais. Barring a terrific contract that makes him too good to pass up (not bloody likely), I just don't see it.

I'm looking at Briere's faceoff numbers (consistently below average), I can't see him ideally being utilized at centre, the wing makes more sense for him.

Why even go for Briere, I mean seriously, when was the last time he or Gionta for that matter did anything meaning full in the playoffs or played an entire season without injuries. At least 2 years.

They need Hendricks more than Briere

Why even go for Briere, I mean seriously, when was the last time he or Gionta for that matter did anything meaning full in the playoffs or played an entire season without injuries. At least 2 years.

They need Hendricks more than Briere

He's a career PPG producer in the playoffs, but...holy moly, have his numbers really dropped over the past two regular seasons. 49 points in 2012, 16 points last season. So it would indeed be optimistic to assume that he would somehow remain the stellar playoff performer he's been. His stats are a big red flag signalling "player in decline" if you ask me.

• Upvote 1

What would be the 'duck and cover' ratio for a Plex for Edler trade? Ye olde rumours are a floatin'!

Plus, Lapierre is supposedly going to get an offer tomorrow and some say he'll be back.

What would be the 'duck and cover' ratio for a Plex for Edler trade? Ye olde rumours are a floatin'!

Plus, Lapierre is supposedly going to get an offer tomorrow and some say he'll be back.

With Ballard being bought out, Edler is safe from what I hear.

I keep hearing that Mtl wants to add another gritty forward for the bottom six via UFA.

I'm also guessing that a trade is coming and Plex may be the guy to go. He would fetch a significant return (top 2 or 3 defenceman).

I keep hearing that Mtl wants to add another gritty forward for the bottom six via UFA.

I'm also guessing that a trade is coming and Plex may be the guy to go. He would fetch a significant return (top 2 or 3 defenceman).

We just signed a top-6 center, and I believe Desharnais will be the second line center next season. I'm assuming, as you are, that Pleks is probably on the move. This short-term Briere contract is only to give Galchenyuk time to develop into our top line center, I believe.

there were some Alex Edler rumors before the draft I wonder if the Briere deal is a precursor for that....Plekanec for Edler?

I would love Edler but from what I've heard and read, he is no longer on the market since Ballard was waived.

I want Keith Yandle!

MB dangling Gio, DD, and Plex as bait to get bigger up front. Rumoured targets at the moment include Perron and Stewart of St Loo. That's not a package deal I'm listing, just a bunch of names that are apparently being thrown in the mix.

MB dangling Gio, DD, and Plex as bait to get bigger up front. Rumoured targets at the moment include Perron and Stewart of St Loo. That's not a package deal I'm listing, just a bunch of names that are apparently being thrown in the mix.

Sources?