Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

RDS confirming the Jagr news, saying that 3 teams are trying to sign him, including the Habs. Montreal is reportedly on top of Jagr's list and the ball is in out court apparently, he's waiting on an offer from the Habs.

RDS confirming the Jagr news, saying that 3 teams are trying to sign him, including the Habs. Montreal is reportedly on top of Jagr's list and the ball is in out court apparently, he's waiting on an offer from the Habs.

This sounds so achingly familiar...

It could be good news I guess if he signs. He is big, he still can produce. The habs would certainly have to move someone in the top 9 currently to make room for him.

I'm not a huge Jagr late in life fan but he is an upgrade over Gionta, DD for sure.

Plus if the habs aren't in the playoff run they can move jagr, Markov, Briere, for picks and youth.

So here are the dominos I've sussed out (rumour-wise) today: The Blues get their centre (Roy just signed I think). That frees them up to make the trade with the Habs potentially involving Perron and Stewart. If that doesn't pan out, plan B is Dustin Penner. If that doesn't pan out, plan C is Jagr. (all various twitter from the reliable to the questionable)

So here are the dominos I've sussed out (rumour-wise) today: The Blues get their centre (Roy just signed I think). That frees them up to make the trade with the Habs potentially involving Perron and Stewart. If that doesn't pan out, plan B is Dustin Penner. If that doesn't pan out, plan C is Jagr. (all various twitter from the reliable to the questionable)

I'd make a move for Stewart. No interest in a concussed Perron.

Stewart is the exact type of player we need. If he's on the block, I'd go hard on him. But the fact that they got Roy means they probably won't be interested in DD, which was my hope.

That's why I think we should overpay for him.I've gotten shouted down by the same people who thought I was an idiot 3 yrs ago for suggesting we try to trade the great AK 46 for the "4th liner Clarkson"

Stewart is the exact type of player we need. If he's on the block, I'd go hard on him. But the fact that they got Roy means they probably won't be interested in DD, which was my hope.

There's a reason he'd be on the block for St. Louis, a team without a ton of size up front, to shop him. Part of it is the salary, the other part is his work ethic which has been called into question in both Colorado and St. Louis. With a coach like Therrien, one who is demanding when it comes to shift-to-shift effort, would that mesh? I'm not saying it wouldn't or that he's not worth getting but for a power forward to be on the block, there's obviously some sort of concerns with him.

That's why I think we should overpay for him.I've gotten shouted down by the same people who thought I was an idiot 3 yrs ago for suggesting we try to trade the great AK 46 for the "4th liner Clarkson"

I'm going to assume that wasn't done by anyone on here considering you joined the boards last week?

There's a reason he'd be on the block for St. Louis, a team without a ton of size up front, to shop him. Part of it is the salary, the other part is his work ethic which has been called into question in both Colorado and St. Louis. With a coach like Therrien, one who is demanding when it comes to shift-to-shift effort, would that mesh? I'm not saying it wouldn't or that he's not worth getting but for a power forward to be on the block, there's obviously some sort of concerns with him.

I'm going to assume that wasn't done by anyone on here considering you joined the boards last week?

Or he changed his name since he was tired of all the shouting.

There are other boards besides this one.And other posters who post on other boards as well. He's 25 and players' work ethic changes as they mature.I've heard enough bad things about PK,Cammi,Ryder and others to disregard all that talk. I go by what I see and what players are saying not management.

Or he changed his name since he was tired of all the shouting.

Yep, I waited 3-4 years for all that shouting to die down before i changed it

There are other boards besides this one.And other posters who post on other boards as well. He's 25 and players' work ethic changes as they mature.I've heard enough bad things about PK,Cammi,Ryder and others to disregard all that talk. I go by what I see and what players are saying not management.

Okay, but simply claiming you said ___ on another board carries no weight here. I could make similar claims without any evidence and it would be awfully hard to prove them wrong. I don't doubt you had that thought and posted it somewhere but unless it pertains to something from on here, a blanket statement saying I said ___ on an unnamed board doesn't really contribute much of anything to the conversation, other than to try and incite those who may have disagreed with you at the time...that may, or may not post here.

Okay, but simply claiming you said ___ on another board carries no weight here. I could make similar claims without any evidence and it would be awfully hard to prove them wrong. I don't doubt you had that thought and posted it somewhere but unless it pertains to something from on here, a blanket statement saying I said ___ on an unnamed board doesn't really contribute much of anything to the conversation, other than to try and incite those who may have disagreed with you at the time...that may, or may not post here.

It's fun to incite:

DD sucks.

We're too small.

We're too soft.

We will be crushed by BOS/PHI/TOR physically.

I don't care if anonymous internet posters believe me or even care what i think. It was just an example of many fans who follow management like lemmings and WAY overrate our players. Just look at some of the trade proposals.

I don't care if anonymous internet posters believe me or even care what i think. It was just an example of many fans who follow management like lemmings and WAY overrate our players. Just look at some of the trade proposals.

are we still debating if you lobbyed for chris stewart and or clarkson. thank the heavens we didnt overpay for clarkson on a 7 year deal as by year3 of the deal this entire site would be saturated with clarkson threads calling for his head and MB's for that matter. move on

morrow to mtl is interesting. he battled with subban and prust late in the season.

bourque plex gionta**

patch briere DD

galchenyuk eller gallagher

prust white Moen

Parros

(is what we got now)

i think all this talk that we are soft and small up front might be blown out of proportion. ideally 50% of our existing lineup are not "soft" if you move prust up to the 3rd line and insert parros we move to more then half our forwards including the toughest pound for pound fighter in prust as well as one of the heavy weights in the league. not to mention gallagher and briere dont play a small game. then add a gritty morrow or a puck possesion beast like Jagr .... interesting to say the least!

i really would like us to pull the trigger on Jagr as i cant help but wonder if he'll be that missing piece and help add a healthy 10/15 pts to plex's game and make him the selke candidate we all now he should be

i think the defense is soft and small though. we missed the bus on scuderi! i cant stop praying that tinordi is ready for big minutes with subban and emelin returns to form allowing gorges (heart of a lion but strong as a peacock) #5/6 minutes with diaz. gorges is just way to soft to play in the #4 spot. we need someone who can stay home make a first pass and clear the net and allow subban to be PK subban.

tinordi subban

markov emelin**

(gorges) diaz

boullion

drewskie

**doubtful to start the season

Can he play RW? That's a big question to my mind.

are we still debating if you lobbyed for chris stewart and or clarkson. thank the heavens we didnt overpay for clarkson on a 7 year deal as by year3 of the deal this entire site would be saturated with clarkson threads calling for his head and MB's for that matter. move on

I'm lobbying heavy for Stewart. Clarkson's contract is way too much.Wouldn't touch that

morrow to mtl is interesting. he battled with subban and prust late in the season.

bourque plex gionta**

patch briere DD

galchenyuk eller gallagher

prust white Moen

Parros

(is what we got now)

i think all this talk that we are small up front might be blown out of proportion. ideally 50% of our existing lineup are not "small" if you move prust up to the 3rd line and insert parros we move to more then half our forwards including the toughest pound for pound fighter in prust as well as one of the heavy weights in the league. not to mention gallagher and briere dont play a small game. then add a gritty morrow or a puck possesion beast like Jagr .... interesting to say the least!

i really would like us to pull the trigger on Jagr as i cant help but wonder if he'll be that missing piece and help add a healthy 10/15 pts to plex's game and make him the selke candidate we all now he should be

i think the defense is soft though. we missed the bus on scuderi! i cant stop praying that tinordi is ready for big minutes with subban and emelin returns to form allowing gorges (heart of a lion but strong as a peacock) #5/6 minutes with diaz. gorges is just way to soft to play in the #4 spot. we need someone who can stay home make a first pass and clear the net and allow subban to be PK subban.

tinordi subban

markov emelin**

(gorges) diaz

boullion

drewskie

**doubtful to start the season

Even the total optimists would say we're too small up front including our own GM. This is the first post contradicting that. I would like to see Beaulieu get Diaz position on the bottom pair

Edited by jcc10

were soft and small on the back end as stated.

not as soft as some people suggest up front... remember that soft and small are 2 different adjectives. gallagher is small not soft. briere is small not soft. i just think 1 more move like a possesion guy like jagr or a gritty prust like player like morrow and the team is much more balanced up front then we think! on the back end though serious work needs to be done

were soft and small on the back end as stated.

not as soft as some people suggest up front... remember that soft and small are 2 different adjectives. gallagher is small not soft. briere is small not soft. i just think 1 more move like a possesion guy like jagr or a gritty prust like player like morrow and the team is much more balanced up front then we think! on the back end though serious work needs to be done

I agree with this post 100%. i just want to see that last forward position up for grabs between Leblanc and other prospects and not a couple of washed up 35 or 42 yo's.I think that Leblanc has some upside to him,like a poor mans Patrice Bergeron.

I agree with this post 100%. i just want to see that last forward position up for grabs between Leblanc and other prospects and not a couple of washed up 35 or 42 yo's.I think that Leblanc has some upside to him,like a poor mans Patrice Bergeron.

Injuries happen. Prospects will get their shot.

I think I'd rather have guys like Leblanc/Thomas/Bournival force a trade of a veteran with their play than leave a spot open to them at training camp.

Injuries happen. Prospects will get their shot.

I think I'd rather have guys like Leblanc/Thomas/Bournival force a trade of a veteran with their play than leave a spot open to them at training camp.

agreed

i still cant believe guys are calling Jagr washed up... he's +40 and still playing well... sure he no longer is the best player in the world but he is still a damn good hockey player and one of the toughest guys to get a puck off of. there is zero cons to not having one of the all time greats on your team even if for 1 year!

leBlanc is not even close to being a poor mans bergeron. patrice is one of the best centers in hockey and team canada's #2!