Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Dont know where you live but around here I have never heard one fan call Eller an "impact offensive player"

And back then, today or in the future on Halaks best day he would not, could not ever be traded for "impact offensive player" .

To think other wise i agree, is pure "fantasy"

Larry is not over achieving or under achieving. Those who think so should yes...."get over it"

For 3.5 million he is underacheiving. You can defend it all you want, but you need to get more bang for your buck than 26 points with HEAVY OFFENSIVE ZONE STARTS in the cap era.

All star caliber winger... hmmm, we really need to clear up about 5-6 million more cap space room for you dreamers then.

Only via trade for a deadline acquisition that costs prospects maybe, but we can't gut the team we ice now to fix one position can we?

All star caliber winger... hmmm, we really need to clear up about 5-6 million more cap space room for you dreamers then.

Only via trade for a deadline acquisition that costs prospects maybe, but we can't gut the team we ice now to fix one position can we?

WE already have about 3 million in cap space.... thats why I advocate clearing 3.5 million more

Still a fan of Larry and hope he gets 20+goals this year. :thumbs_up:

Bang for buck is a GM issue not the player.

I never wavered on support of Carey Price back in 09-10. When we traded Halak for Eller/Schultz, I wanted nothing more than those two to become superstars and make us forget everything Halak did.

Schultz ended up busting quickly while Eller showed a lot of promise. That was five years ago. Since then he has given us 30 points or less every season with one hot playoffs and one hot lockout season.

Just read a rumor on hockeybuzz.com by some blogger named Eklund. He said that Bergevin has held preliminary trade talks with Vancouver about Vrbata. No other names mentioned. Judging by the comments made by some readers, this Eklund guy might be a hack. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Canadiens had interest in Vrbata. I'm hoping they don't do it. He's a potential UFA with a big cap hit and will likely be expensive to acquire. I'd rather see the Habs go after a more long term solution if they're going to shell good assets.

Haha, sites like Eklund's Hockey buzz were the original genesis of this ongoing thread. Hard to believe this thread has been going for almost 10 years. Seems like just yesterday I was an every day poster.

• Upvote 2

Haha, sites like Eklund's Hockey buzz were the original genesis of this ongoing thread. Hard to believe this thread has been going for almost 10 years. Seems like just yesterday I was an every day poster.

What's happened Fanpuck? You are hardly ever on here now it seems. Speaking of ten years, this is my 10year on HW. Time flies

What's happened Fanpuck? You are hardly ever on here now it seems. Speaking of ten years, this is my 10year on HW. Time flies

Mostly just the fact that I don't spend as much time surfing the web as I did in my college and pre-employment days. Plus I ended up with a job where I spend all day sitting at a computer, so I do most of my home web surfing on my tablet. I hate typing anything more than a couple sentences at a time on it, so I mostly just lurk in the shadows reading, haha. Kind of ironic that I spend less time on here now that I get GameCenter live every year than when I only got to see a few games a season.

Viva la Habsworld and viva the longest thread on the site, even if it is one of my least favorite, haha! (PS. I saw simons quoted in my first post on the thread- I miss that guy.)

Thats fine, I'm hoping we trade him for someone who is better.

Don't hold your breath

I have been "hoping" for a "better" number one center at play off time since 09.

Cap era has it's sad truths

The days of solid players 1 thru 12 up front, and 1 thru 6 on the blue line are long gone.

I think every fan of every team see players on the club they dont really like, or think and improvement on that player is needed. Evey team also has their Gilbert, Emelin, Eller, etc. But the cap mandates you carry them. Ya get the most ya can out of them.

Some one mentioned the 89 finals on here the other day. Flames Habs. Look at the line ups of those two teams. Stacked with superstars and hall of famers! Go as late as the Aves against the Red Wings 02. Stacked teams through out the line up! Fourth line of Datzuik,Robitille Zetterberg.

The star players that used to dominate those line ups would be spread out over six to eight teams in the cap world of today.

If ya think you can just trade Eller and get a 35 goals scoring sniper just because Chucky and the team need one you got the wrong era.

Like Brett Hull said. "Five first line guys and fifteen carboard cut outs instructed to play the same way".

More speculation than a rumour but Darren Dreger thinks the Habs could have some interest in Anton Khudobin out of Anaheim. With John Gibson playing well after getting recalled, the Ducks have a bit of a logjam with three goalies and Khudobin is the most likely to be moved.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/dreger-andersen-khudobin-may-be-available/

Random scouting news:

- Montreal has 3 scouts + Bergevin at the NJ/PHI game tonight. Apparently Dudley/Mellanby watched PHI earlier in the week as well.

- Scouts at MTL/WSH on Thursday: Chicago, Edmonton, Florida (2), New Jersey, Tampa Bay, Toronto

Our team is getting small again: Ghetto, DD, Plekanec, Byron, Gally...

Three of those are core players and have been around for a while and will be around for a while yet. Of the other two, one is an injury fill-in for one of the three core guys while the other is a 4th line-type waiver claim that has been a scratch almost as often as he has played. Yes, there might be an extra small player right now but only on a short-term basis (Andrighetto may be back in the minors when Gallagher gets back or trade bait while Byron is a UFA at the end of the year).

Smurf-tastic! Smaller quicker players dont seem to be hurting the team any, whereas larger players like Pelly, Kassian, Semin, Tinordi don't seem like will be in Habs future for one reason or other.

I think Habs have been outhit most games, but scoreboard dosent reflect it at all.

And if referee's called kneeing penalty on Foglino as they should of, Habs would of only fought once in 26games, so don't seem to miss Prust neither.

But dredge up the ol dead horse size argument, I am sure many or maybe most will be in the bigger=better crowd. :bonk: :bonk:

Being out hit is more a reflection of Therrien's system. He doesn't like players hitting unless it's the best play option. Usually the best option is stick on puck forcing the other team to flub a pass or deflect it out.

Random scouting news:

- Montreal has 3 scouts + Bergevin at the NJ/PHI game tonight. Apparently Dudley/Mellanby watched PHI earlier in the week as well.

- Scouts at MTL/WSH on Thursday: Chicago, Edmonton, Florida (2), New Jersey, Tampa Bay, Toronto

Bet they're there to look at Ryan White.