Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I think we should try to get Fowler no matter what, he'd be a great partner for Subban when Markov retires.

That would leave Beaulieu exposed in the expansion draft though unless we switched to just protecting 8 skaters and a goalie. He would definitely be taken if left exposed.

Guest Stogey24

Markov-Subban

Beaulieu-Petry

Barberio-Pateryn

Just Leave that D-core be. Bergevin needs to control his A.D.D and get this team some forwards that can put the puck in the net.

Just read a tweet from Connor mckenna, quoting Bob MacKenzie, saying "the Habs top priority is to upgrade their blue line". What the deal with that?

Edited by Stogey24

• Bob McKenzie on TSN690: "Based on my information, the priority of the Montreal Canadiens (this summer) is to upgrade the blueline."
• Bob McKenzie also effectively said he expects the Habs to try and move Alexei Emelin when his no-move expires on July 1st.

Cam Fowler to Habs...hmmm.

Just didn't think would need to worry about defense again this off-season?

Fowler would look great with the Habs. Could allow Markov to play 2-3 line pairing minutes + PP. Not sure what the ducks would want for him... Assuming a roster D-man isn't going the other way (but also assuming we are able to dump Emelin this summer), we would have easily one of the best d-corps in the league.

Fowler - Subban

Markov - Petry

Beaulieu - Pateryn

Barberio

Of course, scoring up front should remain the top priority.

Fowler would look great with the Habs. Could allow Markov to play 2-3 line pairing minutes + PP. Not sure what the ducks would want for him... Assuming a roster D-man isn't going the other way (but also assuming we are able to dump Emelin this summer), we would have easily one of the best d-corps in the league.

Fowler - Subban

Markov - Petry

Beaulieu - Pateryn

Barberio

Of course, scoring up front should remain the top priority.

That is outstanding.

Hopefully, we see Bergevin upgrade the FW corps via the UFA market, then swing a deal to make something like this happen. It should be possible to do both IF we can dump bloated salaries.

Nice wish list, but do you really think he will both upgrade defense and add an Okposo? Would be sweet, not impossible but seems unlikely.

Nice wish list, but do you really think he will both upgrade defense and add an Okposo? Would be sweet, not impossible but seems unlikely

We've seen other GMs, such as those of Pittsburgh, San Jose, and Dallas, make a number of related, ambitious moves to retool a roster with obvious problems. In the case of the first two, those moves were applied to teams whose situation was roughly analogous to ours: i.e., a pretty strong nucleus that was nonetheless being hampered by certain structural holes. I wouldn't, therefore, say that the two-pronged strategy of signing a UFA and then swinging a deal for a Fowler is outlandish. Other GMs have done such things. The question is whether ours can pull it off.

I'd love it if MB could pull that off, but why in the heck would the ducks do that deal?

Fowler in and Emelin out is cap neutral. (actually a small savings)

So yes, if he is dumping Emelin there would still be the money for Okposo.

I can't get anything done at work today. Time flies when you are surfing the net reading about rumors and speculation

Man, I keep oscillating between Brexit-related stuff and hockey-relayed stuff. Damned internet!!

Take it for what it's worth.

Jason Gregor from TSN 1260 here in Edmonton, who is in Buffalo reporting, Said Subban to Oilers is "close." Saying It's Draisaitl + 4th pick + something (Klefbom? Nurse? These players are my pure speculation, but there is a something) for Subban + 9th.

George Laraque leaked the Draisaitl + 4th for Subban, but was wrong, apparently that is the offer the Oilers tabled, not Montreal. There was a hint, from a TSN reporter, MB countered with Hall + Klefbom + 4th for Subban + 9th and that would be more around the Value for Subban.

Again, take it for what it's worth.

Bergevin' s mantra on a potential Subban trade had better be "Not enough!"

Draisital and 4th pfft. Ridiculous!!!! I am sure that EDM would not have turned that down.

Bergevin' s mantra on a potential Subban trade had better be "Not enough!"

Draisital and 4th pfft. Ridiculous!!!! I am sure that EDM would not have turned that down.

I think that is Edmonton's offer.. MB needs to get a D man included or keep the 9 pick and trade for Fowler.

I still like the Winnipeg deal the best.

But, I'm guessing Subban stays. Which is also great.

Vanek being bought out.. any chance he comes back to MTL?

Pacs - Pleks - Vanek

Laine - Chucky - Gally

Dano - Eller - Weise

Byron - Mitchell - Flynn/Ghetto/DLR

Fowler - Trouba

Beaulieu - Petry

Markov - Pateryn/Barberio

YOWZAS~

Vanek being bought out.. any chance he comes back to MTL?

I would be happy with that if they could get him for cheap. Play him at left wing on the second line. Still would need to sign a top right winger like Okposo but Vanek at the right price would be good.

How do we feel about that? Is Fowler good return for that pick?

He's two years away from being unrestricted and sets up a situation where Beaulieu would potentially have to be unprotected in the expansion draft. There's no doubt he'd help short term but that's a lot to give up, especially if it costs you Beaulieu a year from now as well.

How do we feel about that? Is Fowler good return for that pick?

Seems fair if the idea is to go for it now. I would say its pretty fair to be honest. I wouldn't love it or hate it (assuming Emelin is gone in another deal).

If we acquire him and keep Emelin, I'd kick a puppy as we are spending too much on D.

Guest Stogey24

Fowler for the 9th, wow that's a joke. UFA in 2 years and soft as butter. No thanks.

Beaulieu will end up being a tougher version of Fowler.

Something else interesting is happening on the Subban front. All day TSN.com had a story about how Subban isn't going to be traded. I just check and that story is now gone, replaced by a timeline of Subban's events in montreal. While this doesn't guarantee a trade, it sure doesn't look good for Subban staying in montreal past tonight.

I could just be reading too much into it.

It doesn't look promising when they are talking about a reset without subban.

If he does get moved, For all those MT supporters the past couple of years, I'm go/ to be even too pissed off to say I told you so.

Trying to replace subban with fowler would be a joke, regardless of the upgrade we may get up front.

Something else interesting is happening on the Subban front. All day TSN.com had a story about how Subban isn't going to be traded. I just check and that story is now gone, replaced by a timeline of Subban's events in montreal. While this doesn't guarantee a trade, it sure doesn't look good for Subban staying in montreal past tonight.

I could just be reading too much into it.