Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Guest Stogey24

The writing is on the wall with Galchenyuk.

I guess Bergevin's wall said trade Subban though, so who knows. Anything could happen 

41 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

It's almost like... he doesn't see Galchenyuk as a top tier centre...

Why do you say that, or what would make you say that?:huh:

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

The writing is on the wall with Galchenyuk.

I guess Bergevin's wall said trade Subban though, so who knows. Anything could happen

But he had "Trade Subban!" on his wall for quite a while before actually punting him.

I think if we want Duchene, trading Galchenyuk for him doesn't make sense to me. If we want to improve significantly would we not be better off trading Beaulieu, a 1st and two prospects, while refusing to include our 1st round pick from last year. 

I think I would bite the bullet and give away Scherback and McCarron instead of giving up Galchenyuk. I know that seems like a high price but I think it would instantly move us up with Washington and Pittsburgh ins terms of strength down the middle.

18 minutes ago, REV-G said:

I think if we want Duchene, trading Galchenyuk for him doesn't make sense to me. If we want to improve significantly would we not be better off trading Beaulieu, a 1st and two prospects, while refusing to include our 1st round pick from last year. 

I think I would bite the bullet and give away Scherback and McCarron instead of giving up Galchenyuk. I know that seems like a high price but I think it would instantly move us up with Washington and Pittsburgh ins terms of strength down the middle.

Scherbak really not worth much at all and a bottom six centre would also be very easy to part with. But, that might get you Hanzal or some other rental, not a Duchene or something of real value.

So if we were offering Beaulieu and our 1st, what could we add to get Duchene without giving up Sergachev?

22 minutes ago, REV-G said:

So if we were offering Beaulieu and our 1st, what could we add to get Duchene without giving up Sergachev?

Add Gallagher maybe. But, really Habs don't have a lot to offer that makes sense, that several other teams can offer, other than Beaulieu + 1st + roster player and/or a top prospect.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/HockeyBuzz-Hotstove/Best-trade-match-for-Matt-Duchene-and-the-Colorado-Avalanche/187/82746

Guest Stogey24
12 hours ago, Neech said:

You better believe we're not getting a player like Duchene without giving up Sergachev.  

Losing Barberio makes it harder for us to trade Beaulieu.

Barberio had zero effect on what happens with Beaulieu. 

Even if Beaulieu did go, it would he with a pick for another puck moving D-man. 

This d-core has been so shit as it is. There's no way Bergevin thins it out anymore than it already is. 

Don't think losing Vinny Barbarino will impact Hab deals.

Defense has been very good to crap, seems a lot depending on how Petry or Beaulieu are playing; with lots of lazy turnover or give aways, or Petry is on his game and Beaulieu keeps it simple, limits the cute little plays he tries and focuses in his own end. Maybe both need to rush the puck more?

9 minutes ago, Chris said:

That can be said about a lot of habs players

It does seem more true of some guys than others. Petry and Beaulieu appear to be erratic by nature. I love Petry when he's on his game, but inconsistency has always been a knock on him, and at his age, that's pretty much what he is. Beaulieu may still be in the "learning" stages and could eventually evolve into a steady performer, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I would put Markov back with Petry

He lined up with Nesterov today; but Galchenyuk is back at centre (poor lil Davie was bumped to 4th line centre)

I like one of Duchene's favourite teams.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jennifer-B-Cutler/Habs-hope-to-snap-losing-streak-in-Colorado-Galchenyuk-back-to-center/220/82776

I could see Burrows for DD and JDLR..

Cap is about the same and doesn't seem like DLR is part of the bigger plan..

Gives you Burrows for one playoff run.. an upgrade over DD

On ‎2006‎-‎08‎-‎16 at 7:30 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Here's another angle...don't Malkin's current problems (no one knows where he is, mixed messages from his agent, possible mob issues, etc) suggest that he is the latest in that long line of supremely talented Russian head cases? Do we really want to build our franchise around a Yashin or even Pavel Bure type (or Jagr, even if he's Czech), a guy who has some unbelievable seasons but gets everyone pissed off with him, alienates teammates and fans, goes in the tank unpredictably, etc, etc.? Don't get me wrong - I'm not anti-Russian or anything of the sort. But surely we want to fill our nucleus with Saku Koivu types - bona fide winners - not erratic loony tunes.

Which is not to say I wouldn't make the trade. But Malkin's mental state is worth bearing mind. It's not raw talent alone that wins Cups. (Remember Richer?)

hahahahahahaha

Best post ever.

40 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Did you have an inkling to read a bunch of old posts today?  That was from 10 and a half years ago...

I know.  Instead of clicking on the button for last unread post, I clicked on the thread title and it brought me on page 1.  Read a few of them...

Actually, that seems like a reasonable post. 11 years ago, with many Russian players having 'issues,' and Malkin acting erratic, it wasn't crazy to raise the concern while also saying we shouldn't rule out a trade for him. Hindsight is, of course, 20/20.