Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

4 hours ago, illWill said:

Did somebody really entertain the idea of trading Radulov in this thread? We want to acquire another Radulov, not trade one away

Hey now you are talking.

8 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Radulov is said to have been loving it in Montreal. Trading him would probably break his heart. Probably wouldn't come back. Only way you do that is if you know he wants to re-sign and will take a trade to help the team.

you cannot even think of "that trade"

The rumblings with Duclair is that the Coyotes are getting more and more inclined towards trading him since he has been lousy pretty much all season long.  His all-around game isn't particularly good and he's not producing anywhere near enough to be a top six forward (or even a third liner).  Arizona has a lot of youngsters in the system and he's falling down their depth chart quickly.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Davehab said:

I think you mean Andrighetto

Duclair had a pretty damn good 1st year, I don't know what happened to him this year. Could it be the dreaded sophomore jinx? Is he worth taking a gamble on? Giving up Ghetto for him seems a reasonable risk, since getto ain't exactly lighting up the lamp.

Some radio station that popped up in the Twitter bug reported Alexandre Burrows is in Montreal with his agent "to discuss his future." Presuming his agent lives in Montreal...but:

35 years old and 35 goals in his last 200 plus games. Plus he was dynamite when Bergevin was scouting the West with Chicago. Where does MB sign up?!

9 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

But if you're Bergevin, you somehow think Burrows is "a guy to bite you through the playoffs." 

I have a theory that Bergevin relies unheathily upon scouting information he acquired when working in Chicago. If so, he probably thinks of Burrows as a strong #7 FW who adds grit and scoring ?

38 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I have a theory that Bergevin relies unheathily upon scouting information he acquired when working in Chicago. If so, he probably thinks of Burrows as a strong #7 FW who adds grit and scoring ?

Based on what?

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He was definitely talking about Shea Weber from that time. Indeed, with each game, it looks like he had a really hot start and is fading fast. Part of it is Emelin, the other part, imo, is that he's grossly overrated based on a slapshot and a set of intangibles.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Weber, Danault, Smith Pelly, etc. Don't be frightened, DON, I'm not asserting this as absolute fact. Just a theory.

Frightened?

This rumor may carry more weight than any trade rumor if true:

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-news-incriminating-information-concerning-carey-price

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/carey-price-snaps-at-practice-after-shocking-rumors-of-incriminating-video-surface

It would certainly explain Price having sucked for an extended period better than just being displeased with Therrien.