Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I read a story yesterday, and forgot to save the link, but it said that Therrien was fired basically for going off in a degrading tirade on Shaw, an endless rant that got personal, in the dressing room, until Price stood up and told MT "that's enough". Story said it was the moment of "everyone has had enough" of MT, thus leading to his firing after Bergevin's meeting with the team leadership group...

Anyone else hear this ?

Montreal produces hockey gossip like Trump produces chaos, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it - but it *is* a plausible anecdote. Price is so much the alpha dog on this club, it's not even funny. He seems to have an amazing aura about him...and he ultimately determines the fate of the organization.

Ah the plot thickens. I cannot speak to the veracity of this story, none of us can but I will say Price was not unhappy that Le Genius hit the road, and amazingly he is back to being Price. I honestly thought that Le Genius's temper would raise it's ugly head sooner, and maybe it did, but he has always had the rep of being hard on players verbally so it is not a surprise.:habslogo:

17 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Ah the plot thickens. I cannot speak to the veracity of this story, none of us can but I will say Price was not unhappy that Le Genius hit the road, and amazingly he is back to being Price. I honestly thought that Le Genius's temper would raise it's ugly head sooner, and maybe it did, but he has always had the rep of being hard on players verbally so it is not a surprise.:habslogo:

Regardless of the veracity or falsehood of this rumour, he clearly passed his best-by date and the players turned on him. It happens to nearly every coach eventually. It's just too bad that MB failed to see the signs last season.

Hey waht about dragging the wiz back? Wisnewski is playing for the Chicago Wolves on a minor league contract. He is good on the P/P and can move the puck. He is only 33. He fits MB's profile perfectly CHEAP. We need some help on defence he would be low risk. Offer him a contract and he is yours no trades etc, however I don't know if he would have to clear waivers. I think it would be worth a shot. He wouldn't be a problem in the room since he was in Russia and now the AHL, I think he would just grateful.

4 hours ago, habs rule said:

Hey waht about dragging the wiz back? Wisnewski is playing for the Chicago Wolves on a minor league contract. He is good on the P/P and can move the puck. He is only 33. He fits MB's profile perfectly CHEAP. We need some help on defence he would be low risk. Offer him a contract and he is yours no trades etc, however I don't know if he would have to clear waivers. I think it would be worth a shot. He wouldn't be a problem in the room since he was in Russia and now the AHL, I think he would just grateful.

He would have to clear entry waivers as he played overseas after the start of the season while not being on a reserve list.  If they signed him and wanted him as minor league insurance, he'd have to clear a second time as well.

Wisniewski's strength was never really defence though.  He could be a third pairing guy I suppose but they'd need a stay-at-home guy with him on that duo. 

40 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He would have to clear entry waivers as he played overseas after the start of the season while not being on a reserve list.  If they signed him and wanted him as minor league insurance, he'd have to clear a second time as well.

Wisniewski's strength was never really defence though.  He could be a third pairing guy I suppose but they'd need a stay-at-home guy with him on that duo. 

Yeah I thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure sine he came back.

8 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Scout watch - the Habs have two scouts at DAL/ARI and CGY/FLA tonight.

To watch Hanzal, or maybe Wideman as well?

I don't think there is enough time between now and the trade deadline to figure out what this team is. We might have to admit that selling may be in our best option. We are quickly getting into that area, whether we choose to believe it or not. Please show up for the next couple of games. Go Habs Go

7 minutes ago, BlueKross said:

I don't think there is enough time between now and the trade deadline to figure out what this team is. We might have to admit that selling may be in our best option. We are quickly getting into that area, whether we choose to believe it or not. Please show up for the next couple of games. Go Habs Go

We're not selling. Get real. This is it - the team that MB built and that is in its prime contending years. He will no more blow it up at the deadline than Gainey did in 2009. (If we miss the playoffs or bow out of the playoffs easily, then perhaps an off-season explosion could follow...assuming MB still has a job)

5 hours ago, KoRP said:

To watch Hanzal, or maybe Wideman as well?

Wideman's a righty so he wouldn't help as a Weber partner but he could be a possibility to take Pateryn's spot on the third line I suppose.  I imagine the Habs were also keeping tabs on Vrbata, Sharp, and maybe even Hudler out of the Arizona-Dallas game.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, BlueKross said:

I somewhat agree, but Bergevin isn't going to be a seller.  I'd like to see him get rid of some dead weight on this team and add long term fixes for ongoing problems.  I doubt that happens.  He will likely trade for some rentals and hope for the best.

Guest Stogey24

Torrey Mitchell has no goals in 34 games; Brian Flynn no goals in 14 games; Phillip Danault and Artturi Lehkonen no goals in 13 games; Tomas Plekanec no goals in 12 games; Mike McCarron and Paul Byron no goals in 10 games; Brendan Gallagher no goals in seven games; Alex Galchenyuk and Alexander Radulov no goals in five games and captain Max Pacioretty no goals in four games

33 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Torrey Mitchell has no goals in 34 games; Brian Flynn no goals in 14 games; Phillip Danault and Artturi Lehkonen no goals in 13 games; Tomas Plekanec no goals in 12 games; Mike McCarron and Paul Byron no goals in 10 games; Brendan Gallagher no goals in seven games; Alex Galchenyuk and Alexander Radulov no goals in five games and captain Max Pacioretty no goals in four games

And a partridge in a pear tree!

• Upvote 1

*coughs

Wuwuwuw.. simmer down. Holy panic Batman. Rhythm, chemistry or coaching? Who knows. Imo you have to give Juilen more time to implement things and get everyone on the same page.

Plek Mitchell & Flynn aren't counted on for goals. Lehkonen is a rookie and McCarron started the season in the AHL. While to me, Danault and Byron are exceeding expectation.

There is no way Bergevin is a seller.

I think for the first time.. we see Bergevin overpay to get exactly what he needs.

8 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

And a partridge in a pear tree!

bahahaa