Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Guest Stogey24
2 minutes ago, DON said:

TSN690 noted Emelin was checking out Vegas team on instagram. Mean nothing likely but...

He's going to be the one that goes 

He's a winger, not a centre.  I've voiced my concerns about him before - I don't think he's worth close to the contract he apparently is seeking.  He put up very good numbers on a stacked KHL team for a couple of years but was largely a bust in his first NHL stint.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He's a winger, not a centre.  I've voiced my concerns about him before - I don't think he's worth close to the contract he apparently is seeking.  He put up very good numbers on a stacked KHL team for a couple of years but was largely a bust in his first NHL stint.

Ugh. Another guy under 6 feet.

Guest Stogey24

Devils have inquired about Galchenyuk

LeBrun: "I think a lot of teams see a buy-low opportunity" on Galchenyuk. "There's definitely teams sniffing." #Habs #NJDevils 1260

24 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Devils have inquired about Galchenyuk

LeBrun: "I think a lot of teams see a buy-low opportunity" on Galchenyuk. "There's definitely teams sniffing." #Habs #NJDevils 1260

:1vomit::1vomit::1vomit:

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

:1vomit::1vomit::1vomit:

That's exactly how I feel about a Gally trade right now. Don't like him?  Fine. Not in the long term plan? Fine. Want  to trade him now at his lowest possible value? NOT FINE!

There is a better way! See Yrzeman, Steve and Drouin, Jonathan for a textbook example

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

*%#}@@@@@!!!!! At 6 yrs at 7mil there is no way Radulov comes back. Nor do I want him at that price Arrrrrrrgh!

2 minutes ago, PMAC said:

*%#}@@@@@!!!!! At 6 yrs at 7mil there is no way Radulov comes back. Nor do I want him at that price Arrrrrrrgh!

If anyone gives him a 6 year deal he should be fired.  Even if it meant the firing of MB, I wouldn't want that deal!

Yea. For 7 a year, the most any gm should give him is 4 years. 

It will seriously suck if we don't resign him though. RW strong with him, suddenly quite weak without him. 

We'll looking at needs for 1st center, 1st RW, and top four D.. not good.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.react365.com/58afd68962c06/the-canadiens-traded-goaltender-carey-price-to-the-chicago-blackhawks-for-goaltenders-corey-crawford-and-right-winger-patrick-kane.html

ok you can delete this now :)

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

If anyone gives him a 6 year deal he should be fired.  Even if it meant the firing of MB, I wouldn't want that deal!

The question is, can Radu get a 6-year deal on the open market? I wouldn't fall down in shock. He was a pretty impressive performer and I could see him maintaining that level for, oh, another four years, maybe? His game is not built on speed and quickness so much as sheer bullish strength on the puck. So, you buy four years (say) of impact performance and put up with the decline on the back end of the deal. Typical UFA signing, really.

Maybe MB should have locked him up mid-season when all we heard about was how much he loved Montreal? Then again, talk is cheap. If he's had his eye on a loooong deal all along, then there was no helping it.

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The question is, can Radu get a 6-year deal on the open market? I wouldn't fall down in shock. He was a pretty impressive performer and I could see him maintaining that level for, oh, another four years, maybe? His game is not built on speed and quickness so much as sheer bullish strength on the puck. So, you buy four years (say) of impact performance and put up with the decline on the back end of the deal. Typical UFA signing, really.

Maybe MB should have locked him up mid-season when all we heard about was how much he loved Montreal? Then again, talk is cheap. If he's had his eye on a loooong deal all along, then there was no helping it.

I can't see him earning is pay for more than 3 years, so you offer 4. If he wanted less my net you can go longer, but you can't offer $ and term to a guy his age.  Remember how pleks fell after a strong start.  I also don't think speed is the only factor.  Remember lafleur when he came back. He could still skate like the wind, but he didn't have the same hands.  There aren't many guys like Jagr that are still effective as they age. Maybe radulov is that exception but you can't take that gamble in a cap system.

30 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I don't think the asking price would have been any less then than it is now.  He was more productive in the first half of the year too than the second.

On a separate note:

3 hours ago, Scott462 said:

At this point I don't think Chucky is going to be moved. Teams seem to be wanting to buy low on him and Bergevin is not having it and will just keep him.

I hope that you are right