Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

3 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Tiger Woods was at his best when he was banging random sluts left, right and center...I could care less if a guy is into hookers and blow on his off nights if he's producing like an all-star on game nights.  Talent and the ability to engage it during games is what matters....character is overrated.  All that character didn't produce a single goal against the Rangers, so MB can shove his misguided priority up his A** as far as I'm concerned.

:thumbs_up:

EDIT: whoops! Liked this post so much I somehow gave it the thumb's-up twice. Sorry about that

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Maybe it's time for this team to just focus on winning and keeping talented players, instead of shipping them out everytime one of them is human being for even a second 

Part of the issue in Montreal is the tabloid style "journalism" and fascination about their personal lives.  I couldn't care less about what a guy does away from the rink. 

I remember In the 80's there was a show "he shoots, he scores", about the Quebec nationals.  And the aging star was bas d loosely on lafleur.  And that caused a bit of an uproar.

Lafleur partied hard, cheated on his wife, was drunk when he drove his Corvette into a power pole.  Did I care about his personal life?  No!!  All I cared was what he did on the ice.  Along with Dryden he was my favourite hab growing up. When we played ball hockey I wanted to be lafleur.  Did I know about, or care about his personal life, or want to emulate him outside of hockey?  Hell no! Was I pissed if he was forced to prematurely retire by lemaire and savard? You bet!  

I couldnt care care less what happened between galchenyuk and his girlfriend, whether she is a skank or not, or who she even is.  I just want him to help us win the friggin cup!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Part of the issue in Montreal is the tabloid style "journalism" and fascination about their personal lives.  I couldn't care less about what a guy does away from the rink. 

I remember In the 80's there was a show "he shoots, he scores", about the Quebec nationals.  And the aging star was bas d loosely on lafleur.  And that caused a bit of an uproar.

Lafleur partied hard, cheated on his wife, was drunk when he drove his Corvette into a power pole.  Did I care about his personal life?  No!!  All I cared was what he did on the ice.  Along with Dryden he was my favourite hab growing up. When we played ball hockey I wanted to be lafleur.  Did I know about, or care about his personal life, or want to emulate him outside of hockey?  Hell no! Was I pissed if he was forced to prematurely retire by lemaire and savard? You bet!  

I couldnt care care less what happened between galchenyuk and his girlfriend, whether she is a skank or not, or who she even is.  I just want him to help us win the friggin cup!

Amen, brother.

The thing is, you guys are saying that you don't mind a player doing coke, as an example and then showing up to the rink and dominating. What happens when such a player gets 76 points in the regular season but then has an off night in game 7 of the playoffs for the same reason? Do you care then? It's hard to imagine that living such a lifestyle wouldn't have a negative impact from time to time, and it just as easily could happen during the most important moments of our season. I don't expect it to be difficult to actually be relatively productive living such a lifestyle if you're used to it. Andre Agassi is one of the greats in tennis and he was doing Meth throughout the 90s. On the other hand, I wouldn't blame an organization for wanting to prevent the type of thing I mentioned before it actually happens. I'll admit that I wasn't fully happy with the way the Kassian incident was handled though and that we do seem to have a stricter policy than most teams. 

7 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Maybe that's part of the maturity issue? He's dumb enough to make it into "a dinner thing."

maybe he is looking for his "Julia Roberts" ;)

• Upvote 1

Just for the record, I wasn't personally talking about Galchenyuk. I just meant in general.

9 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

The thing is, you guys are saying that you don't mind a player doing coke, as an example and then showing up to the rink and dominating. What happens when such a player gets 76 points in the regular season but then has an off night in game 7 of the playoffs for the same reason? Do you care then? It's hard to imagine that living such a lifestyle wouldn't have a negative impact from time to time, and it just as easily could happen during the most important moments of our season. I don't expect it to be difficult to actually be relatively productive living such a lifestyle if you're used to it. Andre Agassi is one of the greats in tennis and he was doing Meth throughout the 90s. On the other hand, I wouldn't blame an organization for wanting to prevent the type of thing I mentioned before it actually happens. I'll admit that I wasn't fully happy with the way the Kassian incident was handled though and that we do seem to have a stricter policy than most teams. 

I don't recall anybody saying galchenyuk is doing hard drugs.  There's a difference between partying, drinking and a young guy  making a poor choice in who is going out with.

the issue in Montreal is that the tabloid style media and rumour mill makes mountains or if

molehills 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don't recall anybody saying galchenyuk is doing hard drugs.  There's a difference between partying, drinking and a young guy  making a poor choice in who is going out with.

the issue in Montreal is that the tabloid style media and rumour mill makes mountains or if

molehills 

Yeah, I mean, he played an indifferent game or two with his next vacation in Sunny Isles on his mind, and then went out and groped some strippers at Chez Paree. Which of us would have done any differently? What the hell is wrong with that!

38 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He was assaulted by his girlfriend.

He was the victim for #### sakes, and he didn't hit her back. 

Thats his off-ice problem. 

I'm sorry, but i can't criticize him for that. 

Yep. Only in Montreal is this an issue.  

2 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Yeah, I mean, he played an indifferent game or two with his next vacation in Sunny Isles on his mind, and then went out and groped some strippers at Chez Paree. Which of us would have done any differently? What the hell is wrong with that!

I did not hear about the strippers, my gosh has the Pope been advised. That is trading grounds right there. Just look at the purse snatcher and what happened to him.

All rumors aside of his off-ice activities.  I'm not sure how solving scoring issues are solved by replacing and trading Galchenyuk.  So far Galchenyuk has been more proven than Drouin, which don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of that trade.

I actually think with Emelin getting picked, there's even more chance for Galchenyuk to stay on the team.  The only coach he has ever had was Therrian, and Therrian is terrible at actually developing players.  We have the cap space to sign Galchenyuk, Radulov and a FA defencman, paybe ever Shattenkirk @ 7 per for 5-7.

I really believe that if we trade Galchenyuk now it'll be a McDonough type mistake unless we can bring a solid, young top 2 defenceman in return.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

All rumors aside of his off-ice activities.  I'm not sure how solving scoring issues are solved by replacing and trading Galchenyuk.  So far Galchenyuk has been more proven than Drouin, which don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of that trade.

I actually think with Emelin getting picked, there's even more chance for Galchenyuk to stay on the team.  The only coach he has ever had was Therrian, and Therrian is terrible at actually developing players.  We have the cap space to sign Galchenyuk, Radulov and a FA defencman, paybe ever Shattenkirk @ 7 per for 5-7.

I really believe that if we trade Galchenyuk now it'll be a McDonough type mistake unless we can bring a solid, young top 2 defenceman in return.

i think it would be stupid to trade him for a dman.  defeats the purpose of adding Drouin (especially if Radulov doesn't come back).  Otherwise, we have another typical lateral move year by MB.  We may as well load up on offence and rely on Price.    I also don't like shattenkirk.  No way, i'd give him that kind of money, to a dman who is never going to be "the guy"  he's a 2nd pairing dman.  We are already paying a lot for our other 2nd paring guy.

10 hours ago, habs rule said:

I did not hear about the strippers, my gosh has the Pope been advised. That is trading grounds right there. Just look at the purse snatcher and what happened to him.

millionaire(s) thieving a purse to get to a phone that may or may not have a pic that may or may not, not only really compromise said (BIG ticket) player/players and Then "passing the buck" (ha! passing the buck!) to a "rookie" player; (In my book) should get traded.... the rookie too for compromising his morals and if it isn't part of his morals then... uhh?!?... cut his hand he stole with too? Because at the end of the evening I am sure there was an ATM available to get said phone, no?

13 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I agree with you here. Tiger Woods was really tearing it up and tearing up sluts, but when his wife found out and he had that accident, his career unraveled. I do wish people would stop craving the downfall of the best people in society. Nowadays, a hero can't be a hero. There has to be a sinister angle to their personal life.