Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

41 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

I agree with you here. Tiger Woods was really tearing it up and tearing up sluts, but when his wife found out and he had that accident, his career unraveled. I do wish people would stop craving the downfall of the best people in society. Nowadays, a hero can't be a hero. There has to be a sinister angle to their personal life.

My gran used to tell me to watch and play sports but not to look up to ppl who play sports; because ppl who did that for a living were not to bright. I think this was true in a time when it was okay to say: "jocks are dumb". So now that it isn't well they are "role models" :D

7 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

There's a rumour going around Cole harbour/Halifax that Crosby may retire.. that would be a sad day in hockey.

...and a sad indictment of the league's refusal to protect its best players from disgusting head-shots. That said, I would be heartened to see Sid taking his own health seriously. He can't, and shouldn't, keep subjecting his brain to repeated trauma and expect to live a long and happy life.

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Galy for Giroulx!!!

;)

I just saw a note on TSN from Bob McKenzie saying he had heard a rumour that the Habs had asked about Giroux.  He followed up noting that there wasn't anything to it and that the Habs had not recently discussed Giroux with the Flyers.

I've been a fairly neutral observer of Crosby over the years. My first memory of him against the Habs was a game winning goal in a shootout which made me dislike facing him. On the other hand, I also hold dearly the game winning goal he scored against USA in the final in Vancouver during the 2010 Olympics. I know some people aren't a fan of Olympic hockey but I've rarely been as nervous as I was during that final. I wanted to win on home soil.

As a player, it seems as though he's received a very mixed bags of followers when you take into account how great of a player he is. He receives a lot of hate but I have to admire him as a player and I think, if I may say so, we're watching one of the only players who will ever be comparable to Gretzky. 

I would hate to grow old myself and watch Crosby the human deteriorate similar to some other greats like Mohammad Ali have and I hope the blows he has received aren't as serious as people make it sound. I wonder, is it that he really has received it worse than 99% of the players in the league? or if he would simply being extremely precautions. If it's the former, then one has to think he wasn't really crying all along and like CC said, this type of thing needs to be relooked, whether it's the protection of the players, clearer rules of what is wrong, or stiffer penalties to those who violate.

Edit: All that being said, I've only heard what I've read here and since it's simply a rumor from his native town, I have a good feeling he'll be back. 

• Upvote 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/878644011816411138?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Markov camp rumoured to be asking for 2 years

Don't really see an issue with it for the right structure, we can't get a better d-man on a 1 year than him anyway. So if this gets done as a 2 year 4.5mill AAV, 6 mill for year 1 and 3 mill for year 2, it makes it an easy to trade and easy to buy out contract if things go bad for some reason, also an affordable top 4 dman if things go well.

1 hour ago, tyberius67 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/878644011816411138?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Markov camp rumoured to be asking for 2 years

Don't really see an issue with it for the right structure, we can't get a better d-man on a 1 year than him anyway. So if this gets done as a 2 year 4.5mill AAV, 6 mill for year 1 and 3 mill for year 2, it makes it an easy to trade and easy to buy out contract if things go bad for some reason, also an affordable top 4 dman if things go well.

There's no cap benefit when you're buying out a 35+ contract.  While the money is paid over 2x the remaining life of the contract, the cap hit remains 100% - see Francois Beauchemin in Colorado for 2017-18.

58 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

There's no cap benefit when you're buying out a 35+ contract.  While the money is paid over 2x the remaining life of the contract, the cap hit remains 100% - see Francois Beauchemin in Colorado for 2017-18.

Ah yes forgot about that detail, well still makes it easier to trade in the second year though.

18 minutes ago, tyberius67 said:

Ah yes forgot about that detail, well still makes it easier to trade in the second year though.

It will be interesting to see if there's any give-and-take with regards to a no-trade clause if they do wind up giving him two years.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Guest Stogey24
2 minutes ago, Habsfan1989 said:

Wonder if MB can try and get Dylan Strome for cheap out of phx? Looks like they kind of are giving up on him.

He just turned 20 and was sent back to the OHL so he can continue to develop . Not really sure they're giving up on him 

6 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

...and a sad indictment of the league's refusal to protect its best players from disgusting head-shots. That said, I would be heartened to see Sid taking his own health seriously. He can't, and shouldn't, keep subjecting his brain to repeated trauma and expect to live a long and happy life.

My take from the office of Dr. Mark Recchi is that concussions are such a varied injury to try to predict lasting effects. There's severity and the different parts of the brain that are affected. Which is why you can have Patrice Bergeron on one side of the fence and Simon Despres on the other. I also think that they (players) aren't being honest and are trying to play with them or hiding them. 

“Well, I was sensitive to light,” Despres told the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens before the season began. “Sensitive to noise. More emotional. I had headaches. Dizziness. Close to fainting. Stuff like that…It was a challenge. It was dangerous.”

He came back in this condition and played in the playoffs...not good.

• Upvote 1

Reaves on text from Crosby: "He just said, 'Really happy to have you on the team, looking forward to playing with you and we'll talk soon.'"

Crosby directly texted Reaves that when the pens acquired Reaves. Doesn't sound like a guy who's gonna retire! Thankfully it must be a typical rumour coming out of a small town. 

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

It will be interesting to see if there's any give-and-take with regards to a no-trade clause if they do wind up giving him two years.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Thanks but i've actually been here a long time as Link67, just can't remember any of my log in stuff for that account or the email attached to it, so I started a new one lol

9 hours ago, tyberius67 said:

Thanks but i've actually been here a long time as Link67, just can't remember any of my log in stuff for that account or the email attached to it, so I started a new one lol

Do you want me to see if I can reset the password for that account or link this one to it?

Hmmm, it will be interesting to see what MB does with Markov and Radu.  I can't see him caving on their ask of a 2-year and a 6-year contract, respectively.   Does he let them walk?  

8 hours ago, illWill said:

Crosby seems a bit off mentally since his concussion in the playoffs. In my opinion he is playing with fire by continuing his career 

I've noticed he's a bit off as well.  For the most part he seems emotionless.  He was like a robot at the awards, his facial expression never changing even when Fleury came on stage.  He doesn't have the fire he used to have when he plays either like nothing bothers him and other players don't get under his skin like they used to.  Probably has some form of brain damage already.

32 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

Hmmm, it will be interesting to see what MB does with Markov and Radu.  I can't see him caving on their ask of a 2-year and a 6-year contract, respectively.   Does he let them walk?  

Markov isn't going anywhere.  Not so sure about Radulov.

1 hour ago, JGC21 said:

No real reason not to give Markov two years. He's earned it and the last thing we need is another hole to fill.

However much most of us want him back, Radulov's  ask of 6 mil over 7 years is too much money and far too long a term. I could see MB going to 7 mil on a 3-4 yr term but even that is a little rich from my perspective but the Oshie contract certainly doesn't help.

One thing is certain, if Bergevin persists in trading Galcheyuk and doesn't get good value, we are pooched.