Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I think acquiring Thornton would make us a contender this year. I proposed a trade for him way back before I was informed he was a free agent this year. 

The only thing is that we'd probably lose in the final because it's true that he's never got past the hunp in the NHL. Like Lovetts, I hated him as a Bruin but in my opinion there would be something special seeing him lift the cup ona Habs jersey. A la Ray Bourque.

I'm not so interested in Alzner. I don't think he helps us that much. I find with Weber, there's a specific type of partner I'd want for him and Alzner isn't it, which forces us to put Markov in that position down the stretch once again.

Yakupov I'd be fine with giving a shot but my intuition says he'd be a bust. Probably turn out to be an alright 3rd liner for us but nothing special beyond that.

Yakupov...3 goals and 9 points in 40 games as a Blue. That's not a typo. Now I haven't studied his game, but the numbers and the 5-year-pattern are atrocious. This guy is Alex Semin without the pun potential. It would be astonishing if he were any kind of answer for what ails us.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yakupov...3 goals and 9 points in 40 games as a Blue. That's not a typo. Now I haven't studied his game, but the numbers and the 5-year-pattern are atrocious. This guy is Alex Semin without the pun potential. It would be astonishing if he were any kind of answer for what ails us.

Not with a ten foot pole should the Habs touch this guy. Whatever role we want him to do...Hudon may do it better and is time to see I would say.

Don't get me wrong, his stats are dreadful but I don't think he's been handled well throughout much of his career as well. Would this "handling" change in Montreal? I admit that I don't see why it would. I also agree that most of it is up to the player. 

He was a 1st overall pick though and one has to believe there's something there. If he does not pick it up at some point in his career, he could be the worst 1st overall of all time.... someone might have a more obvious example, but it's up there.

10 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Don't get me wrong, his stats are dreadful but I don't think he's been handled well throughout much of his career as well. Would this "handling" change in Montreal? I admit that I don't see why it would. I also agree that most of it is up to the player. 

He was a 1st overall pick though and one has to believe there's something there. If he does not pick it up at some point in his career, he could be the worst 1st overall of all time.... someone might have a more obvious example, but it's up there.

He will be in KHL very soon.

41 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Alex Daigle and montreals own pick Doug Wickenheiser come to mind and busts, but honestly ol Nail is on track to be worse than either.

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

A few things

1) I'd take Joe Thornton if the price is right.  2 years max though, I'm not interested in the 3 year deal he was looking for. 

2) I don't want Yakupov.  We have enough offence on the wings.  Need Centre. If we really want a reclamation project, I'd rather take a chance on Mikhail Grigorenko who was not qualified today by Colorado. 

3) Need both Markov and Alzner.  Alzner alone doesn't do it. 

Grigorenko would be a better option than Yak

8 hours ago, PMAC said:

Grigorenko would be a better option than Yak

I think he was just let walk from Aves and again...no thanks. I would take Shane Doan before him and don't want Doan neither.

Yaks and Grigorenko are good reminders not to get too excited about any given year's suite of draft picks (including this year's). If we'd drafted both of those guys back in 2013, we'd all have been singing Hossannahs and pencilling the Habs in as sure-fire Cup winners by about now. :rolleyes: Instead they both look like inevitable KHL fodder. That said, Grigs does seem like a reclamation project worth considering...not that we especially need another LW.

I'd sign Yakupov, to either a 2-way or $950k or under, so if it doesn't work he can be 100% buried.  I've been a fan of reuniting Yak and Galchenyuk for awhile.

Sounds like Vegas is shopping Emelin.  Wouldn't it be great if we could get Emelin for like a 2nd and Vegas retaining 2m of his salary?  One can only dream I guess.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I'd sign Yakupov, to either a 2-way or $950k or under, so if it doesn't work he can be 100% buried.  I've been a fan of reuniting Yak and Galchenyuk for awhile.

Sounds like Vegas is shopping Emelin.  Wouldn't it be great if we could get Emelin for like a 2nd and Vegas retaining 2m of his salary?  One can only dream I guess.

Need a top 2 d-man, not a very solid 3rd pairing guy.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

You dream of getting Emelin back? I don't even want to know what your nightmares are like 

Actually at 2 mill I wold take Emelin, But I do't think they can reacquire him until January, no?

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, DON said:

Need a top 2 d-man, not a very solid 3rd pairing guy.

Ya, exactly. Let's not back track

14 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Alzner in YUL this week to meet with MB. That is all.

Mutual interest, I hope they trade for his rights and sign him. Less to worry about on the 1st.

4 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Mutual interest, I hope they trade for his rights and sign him. Less to worry about on the 1st.

Hard not to get expectations up here. This would be monstrous for the blue line.