Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Guest Stogey24
52 minutes ago, illWill said:

It's hilarious that Subban gets brought up on a Habs forum so often. 

It's also hilarious how you didn't answer my question. I don't recall anybody but jaded fans saying he got shipped out because of a character issue. It's hilarious the narrative that is being spun around here as if it was fact. Show me one quote of anybody associated with the Habs saying that Subban was traded because of a character issue and I'll leave it alone 

You think any part of management is going to formally come out and say we traded P.K because he's a cancer

Rumblings are that players didn't like him and his ego was too big for Montreal. 

If that's news to you, you better take Weber's fingers out of your ears 

From a French newspaper:

Le contingent tricolore, qui comprend également Antoine Roussel (Dallas) et Pierre-Edouard Bellemare (passé de Philadelphie à la nouvelle franchise de Las Vegas), pourrait encore s'étoffer : le petit génie Stéphane Da Costa (28 ans), qui brille depuis trois ans en Russie, est en négociation avec plusieurs franchises, notamment les Canadiens de Montréal.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Hockey-sur-glace/Actualites/Nhl-yohann-auvitu-a-edmonton/817450

19 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Stephane Da Costa, the player referenced in that French report.

"While he likely wouldn’t make the same impact in the NHL that he does in Russia, Da Costa could represent a secondary scoring option for a team that is a bit lacking on offense. He’ll have to really want to come back to the NHL—which Dreger says he does—because he’ll likely command more money to remain in the KHL."

could be expensive?

9 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Bergevin has never said, "PK Subban lacks character"

He also never said it about Lars Eller. But he did talk ad nauseum about character, grit, not wanting to lose, tough to play against, leadership, etc. when talking about the guys he got for Subban and Eller. Bergevin isn't dumb. Closest he got to being dumb is when he hinted to "things you don't know about" when reporters kept asking about Subban on the day of the trade.

What he said about 15-16 and how it relates to the Subban and Eller deals says everything.

Again, Bergevin is a good politician. He isn't going to say, "Eller was soft" or "Subban wasn't a leader" but he will say, "I brought in two guys who have character, grit, and leadership which was missing." Why was it missing? Because he didn't think it came from the other guys. What's funny is after getting those guys, he was confident the team wouldn't fall down. But after the first round loss, he called the club fragile.

(And he's right about Eller. Just trading Eller and then bringing in Shaw... ugh. One step forward, two second round picks back.)

And one year after "addressing" the issue he said the team is fragile.  So apparently the leaders he brought in did squat to address the leadership issues.   It's clear that his next target is galchenyuk.

And how often did SHaw get benched or called out for his selfish and idiotic penalties, the way Subban did??

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Stephane Da Costa, the player referenced in that French report.

Looking into his advanced stats during his stint in Ottawa, he was a heavy possession driver, but every time he was on the ice, his goalies turned into sieves.  His PDO was something stupid like .930. 

A right handed centre, who can drive play in the NHL, and showed some offensive flair in the KHL.  Sign me up for a relatively cheap gamble on that. 

DaCosta and Markov to finish this roster would have us in good shape for October. 

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

And how often did SHaw get benched or called out for his selfish and idiotic penalties, the way Subban did??

Never. Because when Shaw does it he's bringing the grit the team is missing. Mostly because he came from Chicago.

Aside from being more skilled his antics are hardly different from Ryan White and he was run out of town for the same things Shaw does. 

More rumours:

The Habs apparently are in talks with Mark Streit - 1 year, $1.5 million per Marc De Foy of La Presse.  He adds that they were interested in him at the deadline last year but couldn't afford his cap hit.  http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/07/12/le-ch-et-markov-ne-peuvent-se-separer-comme-ca

If memory serves, Gadoury was at Montreal's rookie camp back in 2014.

From the same person, Alexandre Goulet (who was at development camp and is a candidate to sign a minor league deal with the Habs) appears to be leaning towards university. http://www.cusn.ca/tuesday-morning-skate-july-11th-2017/

46 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

More rumours:

The Habs apparently are in talks with Mark Streit - 1 year, $1.5 million per Marc De Foy of La Presse.  He adds that they were interested in him at the deadline last year but couldn't afford his cap hit.  http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/07/12/le-ch-et-markov-ne-peuvent-se-separer-comme-ca

If memory serves, Gadoury was at Montreal's rookie camp back in 2014.

From the same person, Alexandre Goulet (who was at development camp and is a candidate to sign a minor league deal with the Habs) appears to be leaning towards university. http://www.cusn.ca/tuesday-morning-skate-july-11th-2017/

The only way I would support a Streit signing and Markov leaving is if the remaining money was used on an impact scoring forward 

Really? Streit, 5 years ago maybe. 

How many worn out re- treads can MB actually sign? 

As for the Shaw comments, i remember MT calling him out and sitting him many times. If memory serves me, i believe MT had an epic blow up on Shaw that Price had to step in and MT was gone shortly after. 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Really? Streit, 5 years ago maybe. 

How many worn out re- treads can MB actually sign? 

As for the Shaw comments, i remember MT calling him out and sitting him many times. If memory serves me, i believe MT had an epic blow up on Shaw that Price had to step in and MT was gone shortly after. 

Another retirement deal. The Habs are a soft landing for middling fogies. Maybe MB wants friends?

The part i seriously don't get, 

CJ likes big, physical tough teams who play a rugged style. 

MB has iced a team of potential top 9 players may be the softest in the league. 

Pacs Danault Gallagher

Drouin Galchentuk Shaw

Lehkonen Pleks Hemsky

How does that work out? 

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, Chris said:

The part i seriously don't get, 

CJ likes big, physical tough teams who play a rugged style. 

MB has iced a team of potential top 9 players may be the softest in the league. 

Pacs Danault Gallagher

Drouin Galchentuk Shaw

Lehkonen Pleks Hemsky

How does that work out? 

He doesn't know wtf he's doing. This team has zero identity. 

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

It worries me to hear that we are negotiating with the Jets for Tyler Myers.  I shudder to think what MB might be willing to give up to make this happen.

You don't need to worry about anything EK reports about the habs, it never comes true.

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

More rumours:

Is the plan to combine all the #7 defensemen we have like the Power Rangers Megazord and create one super-defensemen who can play with Weber?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, sbhatt said:

It worries me to hear that we are negotiating with the Jets for Tyler Myers.  I shudder to think what MB might be willing to give up to make this happen.

I've said many times that I think galchenyuk is as good as gone for a dman.  If we get him for say a Shaw or pleks. I'd be the first to say kudos to MB.  But based on what I've seen in six years, I won't be holding my breath.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I've said many times that I think galchenyuk is as good as gone for a dman.  If we get him for say a Shaw or pleks. I'd be the first to say kudos to MB.  But based on what I've seen in six years, I won't be holding my breath.

I agree that it's likely Galy is gone for a #2 LD. If it's Myers, well, that wouldn't surprise me at all...except he's RD. But who knows, where Ol' Whack a Mole is concerned.